Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

just gotta move and cast faster. nerf won't matter.
"
I support all nerfs with the exception the alising like I'm just disappointed in that it's literally worthless now.

I have to agree with you on this. Harvest was one thing that was justified, but not this.
"
Ticklebear wrote:
I wonder how bad player retention has to get before Tencent steps in and removes Chris Wilson. Time to find out.

it makes sad that the Idea of Tencent stepping in to save this game seems like the only positive thing we can look forward to. I dont like the sound if it but its better than the nerfes this game had for a great number of seasons now.

These nerfs don't seem balanced at all.
SC legues V
In short this game isn't hard, what is "hard" for players is the continual 1-shot BS this game seems to favour... And I do not know about you, but being 1-shot for no apparent reason isn't fun nor does it make a game "hard"

Reading all of the patch notes I would like to know how many extra skill points are we getting to combat the loss of survivability? Or is the intent of this patch to make the players create multiple characters to combat a certain situation faced in a map? Because come next league there will be no way mitigate the encounter with out 10 mirrors or being a streamer who plays 16hrs a day with 5 of his/her jobless friends?

- Nerfing movement skills isn't a good for the game and a emphases should be put on making them more rewarding for evading enemy attacks.

- There needs to be a rework on defence. As before mentioned getting 1-shot by an off screen bin-chicken isn't fun nor does it make the game "hard" it just forces the community to play 1 style of game play.

- Crafting needs to become more accessible for the common players or an emphases put on rewarding the crafter of an item though a buff or de-gen for someone else who uses that item (GGG should explore this)

- If Crafting won't be improve or the above won't be explored, then please make crafting materials more common so people will be more willing to give it a craft before turning to POE.Trade crafting needs to be more engaging if you're focus is on making it stupidly hard without an taking advantage of an exploit.

- Nerf steamer group play before decimating the average players experience. The buff for a 6 man group should be removed before even considering the changes you're about to make GGG.

I guess we as a community will find something to exploit just to get into red maps this league.

I don't know about the rest of you... But I'm not exactly looking forward to

*** PATH OF EXILE - The League of: Dark Souls... ***
With curse removal flasks not giving an immunity period how am i supposed to counter izaros perma curse Labyrinth modifier? Has that been changed too?
While I agree philosophically with the nerfs to player damage and flask effects, I believe it's wrong to do so without nerfing monster damage at the same time.

Much like FPS games which consider "time to kill" a point of balance, the time to kill for monsters in this game is way too low. I don't mind fair deaths where I greed by not resetting my flasks with a TP, or I walk into a clearly telegraphed skill, or I knowingly take risk (ie. keeping damage mods on a map).

However, most of my deaths I see my health pool go from full to zero in 0.2 seconds without any chance to meaningfully interact in the game. I think it was a mistake to balance around softcore rather than hardcore. Just because we can pick ourselves up after a death, doesn't mean dying should be a normal part of the experience. Unfair deaths should not be part of the game.
thanks ggg, very cool. i already uninstalled and told friends that were on the fence about the game to forget about it.
a filter for the forums that's pretty neat:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
Last edited by Kiiske on Jul 19, 2021, 9:49:06 PM
"
hatefield wrote:
"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
"
axeltt012 wrote:
Wtf... 300 hours to get to red maps. At this point it is only your own fault.
An ''Average'' player can get to red map in 20-25 hours. Lets not even talk about people that make it in 8-12hours.

Hell, even if it took you 75h to get there I wouldn't see any problem with it since it is still possible to make it throught at this point.

I don't think you're casual if it takes you 300hours... I think you're my grandmother who just discovered how to play solitaire on her ipad.

Don't be a total tool. Seriously.

I missed the part where POE is supposed to be Dark Souls.

Well if you want Farmville go play Farmville. Just so we have polar opposites here. But more seriously if you want an easy arpg where you can stroll through content I recommend Diablo III. I heard it's doing great.

Exactly, this game was and always has been targeting more hardcore and advanced players than D3. Poeple should understand there's a game for each group of player and GG knows they don't target a casual audience and this is fine.
"
GGG wrote:
They provide a huge amount of mobility and travel speed with little opportunity cost, so we've lowered their values to be more appropriate for their investment.

Clearly the intent here is that someone like me, who doesn't flask piano and so rarely has a quicksilver buff up, is just supposed to go f myself with this patch, but I don't understand why. Wtf did I ever do to you aside from throwing money at you? I don't understand. Why do you so consistently show a total lack of respect for my time? What is it considered an insult in your culture when money is thrown at you? It must be, so I guess I won't do it anymore.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info