Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

Wtf... 300 hours to get to red maps. At this point it is only your own fault.
An ''Average'' player can get to red map in 20-25 hours. Lets not even talk about people that make it in 8-12hours.

Hell, even if it took you 75h to get there I wouldn't see any problem with it since it is still possible to make it throught at this point.

I don't think you're casual if it takes you 300hours... I think you're my grandmother who just discovered how to play solitaire on her ipad.

I've played less and less the last few leagues due to the frustration of one-shots, loss of XP, not knowing what actually killed me or how to prevent it in the future, not ever being able to hit level 97+ without running ROTAs (which I refuse to do), etc...

I'm not sure how any of these changes are geared toward increasing the enjoyment of the game for people like me. This is likely the nudge I needed to find another game.

I'll still start a character to see firsthand the impact of the changes, but from a non-professional player perspective, this all seems directed at making the game more challenging for the select few at the expense of the rest of us.

Not my company so not my call. I'll see how it goes...
Last edited by lamePoEname on Jul 19, 2021, 9:25:42 PM
Since Tencent bought ggg it is no company for their community anymore. The time ggg heard to suggestion of their playerbase and implemented them are long time gone. No it really is only about the money and I see the exact same behaviour blizzard did.
I hope you swim in money, mine you won't get anymore.
"
axeltt012 wrote:
Wtf... 300 hours to get to red maps. At this point it is only your own fault.
An ''Average'' player can get to red map in 20-25 hours. Lets not even talk about people that make it in 8-12hours.

Hell, even if it took you 75h to get there I wouldn't see any problem with it since it is still possible to make it throught at this point.

I don't think you're casual if it takes you 300hours... I think you're my grandmother who just discovered how to play solitaire on her ipad.

Don't be a total tool. Seriously.

I missed the part where POE is supposed to be Dark Souls.

"
Bentic wrote:
Since Tencent bought ggg it is no company for their community anymore. The time ggg heard to suggestion of their playerbase and implemented them are long time gone. No it really is only about the money and I see the exact same behaviour blizzard did.
I hope you swim in money, mine you won't get anymore.

It really has been a total, awful change ever since Tencent bought GGG...
SST might be fun.
Traps could be good.
Poison, hmmm, that has potential.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
My heart is kind of broken with all these nerfs, as over the past few years, I felt I was finally entering into the higher tier of players... and I'd invested in following the league meta, buying and crafting gear and min-maxxing damage/defense in exalts instead of chaos, cuz I was finally getting exalts to drop and finally getting gear that could sell for them.

On the other hand, I am excited to see what some of the top tier players come up with -- especially those who only joined the game within the last few years.

I remember the days of Piety runs in Act 3 Merciless and grinding to level 65 solo without an aurabot support. These days Piety is easy-peasy whatever, but once upon a time her lightning balls and teleportation/transformations were kinda scary. I liked when PoE was harder. But I think that so long as the game is always going to boil down to success being to kill as many monsters as quickly as possible, there are always going to be a few objectively superior builds and item combinations.
I wonder how bad player retention has to get before Tencent steps in and removes Chris Wilson. Time to find out.
Yeah, I'll be sitting this league out. Best of luck folks.
Meh. It's the best GGG can do to make a dying game relevant, a gamble (yeah CHRIS loves to gamble). I honestly hope GGG wins this gamble. I dont prefer playing trade league with a very small amount of players in it.

PS.
POE2 when?

Last edited by deuxcreed on Jul 19, 2021, 9:33:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info