⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
Valsacar wrote:
With @monik390 help things are a bit better now. I can survive most maps, but high level (14-16) with scourge (after around 150) and I just go splat. Not sure what happens, but I don't think it's a single hit as it's normally when surrounded. Maybe going fullblock could make a difference, but playing with pob (which I'm not so good at) I couldn't figure out how to get enough block to give it a try.

Damage did take a bit of a hit though, feel a big sluggish in mapping.

I do swap out 3 gems (storm burst, multistrike and vile) for most bosses, which has been working out ok. First maven 10-way wasn't perfect, but only a single death so not too bad.

Still more to go, haven't tried any of the big end game content yet as I'm not confident I'll pull it off... but only got 4ex to spend and not seeing any obvious upgrades I can afford.

Hi Valsacar,

on page 50 is a spoiler "sources of sats", there is the listings of all valubale sources of blocks.

In stacked scourges are many heavy ignites. Take ignite immunity on a flask, see spoiler "flasks".

Yes, fullblock-edition offers much tripple more tankyness, use it when you reach around 60% attackblock with rumi's, in maps you have it's added blockings alltime up.

Your helmet is fine for manamanagement - but you miss a lot es. But start upgrading flasks and body-armour with ghostdance or rare shoes with increased duration for a lot mre guarding of molten shell.

Take a look also into the important spoiler "checklist defences" - probably you miss some important stuff like maxed pantheons etc.

But with lvl 91 and only keystone arrow dancing it's okay to not get 200 stacks scourges.
"
Chromino

Mate, you can't really underestimate Alpha's Howl.
It carried me until I got Eber's at lvl 96, and is perfect for Ghost Dance early.

The magic of this helmet is, that besides evasion and freeze immunity, it gives enough mana efficiency to get rid of both circles of nostalgia for better stat/ES rings like:

Just like that, I was able to get 6k ES, ~50-60k/38-40k armour/evasion, and ~5m dps before I hit the hugest wall called simulacrum. Maps weren't any problem for me at that stage. I was farming 60% delirious t14-16 with ~200 scourge.

"
Valsacar

Yeah, you're running a very close setup to what mine was.

Differences are:

1. Ghost Dance, which gives a lot of survivability. It's like evasion Aegis Aurora.

2. I was running defiance banner instead of tempest shield to push both armor and evasion higher. It gave more ES recovery from both Aegis Aurora and ghost dance. And yeah, I capped spell block by the passive tree and dirty cheap watchers eye.

3. As I mentioned, I was running different rings, bc the defiance banner requires less mana than the tempest shield. (also I got Sublime Form small cluster for that).

4. Flasks. Jade with "Increased evasion" instead of stibnite. 2 flasks with the same mod don't stack (your basalt and stibnite have increased armor, only the highest counts - basalt in your case)

5. Cyclone mapping setup. More movement - fewer hits received.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Your current build is good, besides the downside of Arrow Dancing. I know that ghost dance/IR with BiS/almost BiS colors atm are very expensive, but AD still lets you down as it is. You take a lot more melee hits bc of it.

I can suggest you buy a cheap 2r-2g-2b Ghost Dance for like 50-100c (right now). Damage wise it is very strong (about like 3g-2r-1b) but requires pressing 1 more button (predator).

Another real quick thing you can get - Awakened Unbound Ailments instead of minion damage for spiders. It will break through the 5m dps milestone.

And a better flask instead of stibnite, as I mentioned before.

If you get ghost dance, you can try all my suggestions above, including other rings (I have to mention, that ES rings will be temporary, you'll switch them anyway after getting a better helmet, so don't overpay here).
Or not.
Saving for better stuff is a good thing too. Just ghost dance alone is good enough.

That's basically it.

Last edited by monik390 on Nov 23, 2021, 12:39:34 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
Hehehe!

It's the powertime of hot gods for me today in trade.

I never did such lucky deals before in only 10 minutes.

Yippiee! 1.5 exalts combined....

Snatched for 5ex just now xD

193k armour with all armor/evasion flasks.
171k armour with my default flasks up.
142k with my mandatory flasks.
91k no flasks.

Hehehe.

Edit: Eh, I was expecting EHP drop but didn't expect it that huge:
IR: 233k/98k/116k/93k
GD: 393k/165k/196k/157k

Well, I know all pros/cons of either, will run a few simulacrums at night to test things up.

Still a funny fact.
Last edited by monik390 on Nov 23, 2021, 1:17:54 AM
So If I want more tankyness/EHP should I stick with Ghost Dance instead of IR??? IR would just give more ES on Block right? While with Ghost Dance, its another defensive layer that we have?!
Also has any of you guys done a Flawless Breachstone without problems?
Last edited by lipefsa2 on Nov 23, 2021, 1:34:44 AM
"
lipefsa2 wrote:
So If I want more tankyness/EHP should I stick with Ghost Dance instead of IR??? IR would just give more ES on Block right? While with Ghost Dance, its another defensive layer that we have?!

In high density content the big es/ block of iron reflexes is more tanky.

Even when the ehp is doubled and trippled with ghost dance, you get high immortality with the huge es/block of iron reflexes when there are blockable attacks, and often you block 10 times a second and more in high density. You should move often to a place where you get attacked much and most. It also heals you much faster in aoe's and in dot's this way. 😀

Ghost dance is probably better when there are less attacks. You evade 90% more, the important molten shell has more capacities and wicked ward starts often your es-recharge. But you are healed much, much less because you evade much and your es/ block is halfed. You get less recovery.

In my experiences iron reflexes is overall most tanky.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 23, 2021, 3:11:02 AM
"
lipefsa2 wrote:

Let me explain, how Ghost Dance defenses in our build work first:

1. Both evasion and armour scaling.
2. Evade = preventing damage. Not only do you take fewer hits, but it also triggers Divine Shield.
3. Primary layers of defense - armour and evasion. Block is the second.
So, you either evade hit entirely or take a hit mitigated by armour. Then, it could be blocked or not.
4. GD recovers 3% of total evasion on hit. So it triggers when you take a hit that wasn't evaded or blocked.
5. GD has 0 impact on spell damage taken. I don't know why pob offers more elemental ehp. Probably, against added/extra damage.

Iron Reflexes make twice the amount of ES recovered on the block. Be it hits or spells. And yes, you take all hits with it, without exception.
It shines with max block w/o glancing blows, since you just overheal yourself from blocking. Take 1 hit, heal from 3.

Ghost Dance is an amazing defensive layer against hits for sure and works perfectly fine with Glancing Blows, but it offers nothing against spells.
Iron Reflexes is more balanced in this field.

Edit: Yeah, I forgot to mention what Chromino said about big hits and ES recharge. Also, I forgot about crits. 1 big crit taken is more deadly for Iron Reflexes, since it can be not prevented by anything.

Last edited by monik390 on Nov 23, 2021, 3:41:12 AM
hey guys, somewhere i read that you mention aspect of spider. I manage to have Aspect of avian, there is a big difference between this two "aspect".

thx
"
ThoryX wrote:
hey guys, somewhere i read that you mention aspect of spider. I manage to have Aspect of avian, there is a big difference between this two "aspect".

thx

Aspect of the Avian gives more movement speed for 4 seconds, than chance to deal double damage for 4 seconds, on sequence.

Aspect of the Spider both reduces enemies movement speed and increases damage taken.

Spider is stronger and more defensive. It's just better overall.
Last edited by monik390 on Nov 23, 2021, 3:49:29 AM
"
monik390 wrote:
"
Chromino

Mate, you can't really underestimate Alpha's Howl.
It carried me until I got Eber's at lvl 96, and is perfect for Ghost Dance early.

The magic of this helmet is, that besides evasion and freeze immunity, it gives enough mana efficiency to get rid of both circles of nostalgia for better stat/ES rings like:

Just like that, I was able to get 6k ES, ~50-60k/38-40k armour/evasion, and ~5m dps before I hit the hugest wall called simulacrum. Maps weren't any problem for me at that stage. I was farming 60% delirious t14-16 with ~200 scourge.

"
Valsacar

Yeah, you're running a very close setup to what mine was.

Differences are:

1. Ghost Dance, which gives a lot of survivability. It's like evasion Aegis Aurora.

2. I was running defiance banner instead of tempest shield to push both armor and evasion higher. It gave more ES recovery from both Aegis Aurora and ghost dance. And yeah, I capped spell block by the passive tree and dirty cheap watchers eye.

3. As I mentioned, I was running different rings, bc the defiance banner requires less mana than the tempest shield. (also I got Sublime Form small cluster for that).

4. Flasks. Jade with "Increased evasion" instead of stibnite. 2 flasks with the same mod don't stack (your basalt and stibnite have increased armor, only the highest counts - basalt in your case)

5. Cyclone mapping setup. More movement - fewer hits received.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Your current build is good, besides the downside of Arrow Dancing. I know that ghost dance/IR with BiS/almost BiS colors atm are very expensive, but AD still lets you down as it is. You take a lot more melee hits bc of it.

I can suggest you buy a cheap 2r-2g-2b Ghost Dance for like 50-100c (right now). Damage wise it is very strong (about like 3g-2r-1b) but requires pressing 1 more button (predator).

Another real quick thing you can get - Awakened Unbound Ailments instead of minion damage for spiders. It will break through the 5m dps milestone.

And a better flask instead of stibnite, as I mentioned before.

If you get ghost dance, you can try all my suggestions above, including other rings (I have to mention, that ES rings will be temporary, you'll switch them anyway after getting a better helmet, so don't overpay here).
Or not.
Saving for better stuff is a good thing too. Just ghost dance alone is good enough.

That's basically it.

Alpha Howl's is perfect for "HoA fires additional projectiles" in high density like blight. But ordianry you get more easy needed mana on clusters, presage or anoints of stampede.

Don't forget: In t15 or t16 you need to stack some es somewhere or get too often one- and twoshots, and you get this high es much better on different helmets. The damage of eber's unification is of course b.i.s. .

But for starting, levelling, for blight-maps needed mana or when you need the socket of an rare unset ring, alpha howl is a good choice, yes!
"
monik390 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
Hehehe!

It's the powertime of hot gods for me today in trade.

I never did such lucky deals before in only 10 minutes.

Yippiee! 1.5 exalts combined....

Snatched for 5ex just now xD

193k armour with all armor/evasion flasks.
171k armour with my default flasks up.
142k with my mandatory flasks.
91k no flasks.

Hehehe.

Edit: Eh, I was expecting EHP drop but didn't expect it that huge:
IR: 233k/98k/116k/93k
GD: 393k/165k/196k/157k

Well, I know all pros/cons of either, will run a few simulacrums at night to test things up.

Still a funny fact.

Hi monik390!

5 exalts! That is best trade this league probably, wooooowww ..... !

Extreme well sniped!

193 k ar is op! lol! that is allstarsstyle!

I guess I have a nice solution for triad grips.

When you prefer stormbrands and ball-lightnings instead stormburst channeling for less interruptions and better instant frostblink-teleports and smoother moving etc. you can free a socket for it on the gloves (without hungry loop-workaround):

1) 2 points serpentine spellslinger have 25% chance to poison
2) HoA has 20% chance to poison
3) Divergent lvl 21 HoA 20% more

Then following, tatatata:

4) 40%-60% increased HoA-buff decreases your damage around 0.5 M, butt adds 16%-20% chance to poison!

5) You can take gravepact instead 1 cluster pure agony, or instead add "septic spells" on a cluster (medium clusters only, best is a unique of course in this case) adds 20% chance to poison

(or when you use whispers of doom the curse mastery adds 20% poisonchance also)

So you reach 100% chance to poison without the supportgem (40% chance to poison) and can go on the grips 4 out of 5:

Ball-lightnings- stormbrands - anomalous spellecho /faster casting / gmp

Yeeeahh! It's also a solution when you want to free up simply a skillsocket in another of the set-ups.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 23, 2021, 12:26:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info