⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
monik390 wrote:
Your current build is good, besides the downside of Arrow Dancing. I know that ghost dance/IR with BiS/almost BiS colors atm are very expensive, but AD still lets you down as it is. You take a lot more melee hits bc of it.

I can suggest you buy a cheap 2r-2g-2b Ghost Dance for like 50-100c (right now). Damage wise it is very strong (about like 3g-2r-1b) but requires pressing 1 more button (predator).

Another real quick thing you can get - Awakened Unbound Ailments instead of minion damage for spiders. It will break through the 5m dps milestone.

And a better flask instead of stibnite, as I mentioned before.

If you get ghost dance, you can try all my suggestions above, including other rings (I have to mention, that ES rings will be temporary, you'll switch them anyway after getting a better helmet, so don't overpay here).
Or not.
Saving for better stuff is a good thing too. Just ghost dance alone is good enough.

I used to run pred on a 2-2-2 loyals so I still had my leveled up one (saved a few c). I was able to find a 2-2-2 GD for 40c, so easy switch to give it a try.

I'll think about the unbound, it's a big chunk of my little cash left.

With the rings, wouldn't I be losing a good chunk of damage from the HOAG (yes, I'm terrible with POB)? I would also have to do some skill changes to get up the spell block.

Why jade instead of stib? I forgot the enchant only stacks twice (I'll reroll) but the stib gives more than 1.5k evasion, so not sure I understand why I would want to use jade instead.

I give things a try with the changed armor (and reroll the stib) and go from there.

Oh, with the armor I assume I want to keep pierce (mapping) and vile (bossing) and drop the vicious?

Edit: Ran 4 juiced red maps (13-15) and things definitely feel a bit smoother. Only deaths (2) I had were around 200 scourge level (none outside of scourge) and both felt pretty instant (not sure if single hit or not, was too fast).
Last edited by Valsacar on Nov 23, 2021, 2:01:51 PM
@monik390

i think its been well documented in this thread how bad i am at POB crafting, but i was wondering if we could replace ball lighting with absolution, in the cyclone setup, mainly for the 25% chance to summon a herald when hitting a rare or unique enemy, especially while we have it paired with cast while channeling

i ran a few maps with it and it seemed fine, and i was trying to pay attention to virulance stacks, but couldn't rightly tell
"
Chromino

You are not wrong about scaling ES. Getting more life or ES is the most popular go-to option for defenses for high-tier mapping.

However, it is just one of the options.

Another option is - scaling other defenses.

Getting more buffer vs scaling defenses is like the comparison between bus and tank.
The bus is 100% bigger, but the tank is more...tanky, despite being smaller.

Let me explain first why I recommend Alpha's Howl as 100% viable option on high-tier mapping. I'll show you something nasty but tasty later.

I'll repeat myself, but yes, I was running Alpha's Howl from the start of the build until lvl 96.
"
This is my personal experience, and not some theorycrafting.

That is why I'm so hard on this.

And I didn't have any problems with it on high-tier maps. I was farming 60% delirious t14+ with just 6k ES.

During leveling 91-94 I died just 2 times.

I was specifically targeted AH just when I found Ghost Dance is super cheap compared to Iron Reflexes. That was my plan for a starter.

In short:

Freeze immunity - better flasks and pantheons.
With AH you can run more auras.
More auras = better defenses.
Better defenses = taking fewer hits and getting more ES recovered from Aegis Aurora and Ghost Dance.
Circle of Nostalgia is not required to run many auras - Lacking ES/stats can be compensated by 2 rings.

I specifically tested it again.

T16 60% delirious + beyond map.
On just 4.4k ES: https://youtu.be/cNIkJz0K_qs

Tl;dr:
Deaths: 0.
Scourge: 150.
Defenses: 58k Armor and 45k Evasion flasked.
ES recovery: 1.1k ES from Aegis Aurora, 1.35k ES from Ghost Dance
Profit: 60c.

What I'm trying to say, Alpha's Howl is very good as a budget solution. It is good for Ghost Dance, offering good options in return.
Totally viable and 100% recommended by me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next:

About a chance to poison: Good one.

I was surprised when I found that you can get 100% chance to poison with just 2 Circle of Nostalgia rings (60% increased effect of heralds buff). Really.

I lost 12% of damage this it tho. Not for me xD

As for cluster, Chromino, please xD

Still laughing xD

"
Valsacar wrote:

With the rings, wouldn't I be losing a good chunk of damage from the HOAG (yes, I'm terrible with POB)? I would also have to do some skill changes to get up the spell block.

Why jade instead of stib? I forgot the enchant only stacks twice (I'll reroll) but the stib gives more than 1.5k evasion, so not sure I understand why I would want to use jade instead.

I give things a try with the changed armor (and reroll the stib) and go from there.

Oh, with the armor I assume I want to keep pierce (mapping) and vile (bossing) and drop the vicious?

About flask - yes, stibnite is better for you now. Stick with it.

About rings - it is totally up to you. I played PoB, added sublime form and discipline mastery, turned down tempest shield, and put defiance banner.
No circle of nostalgia is required to run everything.

Real quick pob for lvl92 with the cheapest 15c ring x2: https://pastebin.com/2uDAAvuj
5.1k ES, 68k armour, 34k evasion, 4.2m dps.

Your current: 5.2k ES, 62k armour, 26k evasion, 4.9m dps.

Despite doing less dps, you'll get tankier (4% evade + increased recovery from both aegis aurora and ghost dance).

But.

Dps loss is huge tho, before 5m dps each 100k matters. That's why it's completely up to you.

What is still bugging me really hard - your belt. 0 ES. Blind on minions is not really worth it anymore bc it now scales with attack damage, and you already have a stibnite flask. Dps from ghastly is really low.

Take a look at those and get smth asap. Please:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/527RkeSa

About vile toxins/pierce - yes.

"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
@monik390

i think its been well documented in this thread how bad i am at POB crafting, but i was wondering if we could replace ball lighting with absolution, in the cyclone setup, mainly for the 25% chance to summon a herald when hitting a rare or unique enemy, especially while we have it paired with cast while channeling

i ran a few maps with it and it seemed fine, and i was trying to pay attention to virulance stacks, but couldn't rightly tell

If you kill sirus a8 with the absolution - I consider putting it just to test.
I'll ever run t1 map just for science and lulz.

P.s. cyclone is doing max virulence alone on packs of monsters. Absolution is not suited for our build, no matter how hard you try it.
"
monik390 wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
@monik390

P.s. cyclone is doing max virulence alone on packs of monsters. Absolution is not suited for our build, no matter how hard you try it.

why doesnt it work for our build? genuinely interested, even if just for maps and not sirus
Okay, finally got some currency generated (and stopped being lazy)

Switched helm over, got a 23 Grace Aegis, and switched to the full-block variant -- Currently only at 50 attack block (pre-rumis) 75 spell block... and feel soooooooo much tankier.

Gonna try to hit a 4White Triad from vagan on my next Catarina encounter later this evening to go with the full chaos convert full-block, but we'll see how that goes.

Past that -- Is Aul's w/ grace the thing to do nowadays, or should I look into crafting myself a +2 amulet? Additionally, just need to get a bit more currency to fix my jewels/clusters around some more (I had a no CB healthy mind, need to get CB immune elsewhere now)

Anything else I'm missing or should that cover most of it?

Should I change up my Watcher's Eye? (2% discipline ES regen and 8% mana as ES from clarity)

(yes, I know, a 4g or even 3g chest would be better -- but that's gonna be spensive unless I get a lucky snipe)
"
monik390 wrote:
What is still bugging me really hard - your belt. 0 ES. Blind on minions is not really worth it anymore bc it now scales with attack damage, and you already have a stibnite flask. Dps from ghastly is really low.

Take a look at those and get smth asap. Please:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/527RkeSa

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into changing the belt (have to fix res first, as the belts with high ES and matching res are out of my price range). In the meantime I switched out the gem for one with minion attack speed (random one I found).
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

why doesnt it work for our build? genuinely interested, even if just for maps and not sirus

More virulence is generated with the skills that deal more hits per second. Ball lightning, for example, does 6.6 hits per second per ball.
Absolution... 1 hit per second (0.75s cast time). 2 hits per second with some cast speed. Got it?
Minions can't generate virulence for you.

"
Kujabuja

Aul's is still a go-to.

We need to hit lvl 31 herald of agony now, get chaos mastery +1 from the Corruption node ring.

Also, add awakened fire damage lvl3 instead of the maim, and hoag lvl21.

WE whatever, switching to attack block on determination seems better for you tho.

"
monik390 wrote:

Edit: Eh, I was expecting EHP drop but didn't expect it that huge:
IR: 233k/98k/116k/93k
GD: 393k/165k/196k/157k

Well, I know all pros/cons of either, will run a few simulacrums at night to test things up.

Duh, Iron Reflexes with Glancing Blows failed to tank Omniphobia at wave 29.
I had to switch to Ghost Dance to complete the wave.
Failed wave 30 bc of the last portal for it to some random Kosis slam.

Overall, felt a lot more stressful and less tanky during the entire simulacrum past wave 20.

Iron Reflexes with Glancing Blows is unexpectedly bad for it.
I'll stick to Ghost Dance for now, until I get max block w/o GB.

Well, it dropped me this:

So I'm fine.
Last edited by monik390 on Nov 23, 2021, 4:52:33 PM
so i have a lvl 81 heiro from a failed build that i can re spec in this, but if you had my character clean slated and had to only choose one of your 3 builds to play the whole playthrough with the character which one would u choose?
"
Morpheend wrote:
so i have a lvl 81 heiro from a failed build that i can re spec in this, but if you had my character clean slated and had to only choose one of your 3 builds to play the whole playthrough with the character which one would u choose?

Hey Morpheend,

welcome into the arachnophil joy!

Best balanced for heading to level 100 is the "fullblockedition".

While levelling take glancing blows until you reach 60% blockings.

For more damage take simply in chaos-mastery to reach HoA lvl 31 and 12-15M damage, but around 5-7 M damage are enough for almost all content.
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"
monik390 wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
@monik390

yes, like monik390 writes, they are not fast enough and do not synergize with the needs of HoA.
You can use them only as meatshield or they are very, very good for levelling around levels 40-70...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info