⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

"
monik390 wrote:

hehe , but in red t16 multiple damage mods at some point you also need a high pool of high es ... against some crits at some level you need it against one- and twoshots. For a lot content alpha howl is great, but when you head for lvl 100 take 7.3 k es minimum!

hehe yes, with septic spells you can free up a socket, it's in endgame 10-30 exalted valuable, in some tradeweeks also 40-60 exalts was the price for that stuff. This week is already cheap and a lot prices dropped. hehe... :-)

Ghost dance is synergyzing fine & best with:

- wicked ward - you so often do not get hit some 1 - 2 seconds and the recharge jumps unstopped in

- watcher's eye discipline mod es on hit compensates some downsides of the lost es/ block. Buff it with anomalous spellecho linked to ball-lightnings further and it's an huge big substain additional also without blockings

- some meatshields like phantasms take a lot hits, so you have the ghostshrouds recovery when it's needed most. But they are in high content like simulacrum wave 25-30 not optimal for damage.

Do you know if the blocked hits of fullblock activate the ghostshrouds or not? I guess yes, because ordinary blocked hits count as hits. But I am not sure about ...
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 24, 2021, 2:20:03 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Morpheend wrote:
so i have a lvl 81 heiro from a failed build that i can re spec in this, but if you had my character clean slated and had to only choose one of your 3 builds to play the whole playthrough with the character which one would u choose?

Hey Morpheend,

welcome into the arachnophil joy!

Best balanced for heading to level 100 is the "fullblockedition".

While levelling take glancing blows until you reach 60% blockings.

when u say take glancing blows do u mean just use that tree and those gems, and then once i get 60% block i switch trees and gems?

thanks for the help btw
"
Morpheend wrote:

Best balanced for heading to level 100 is the "fullblockedition".

While levelling take glancing blows until you reach 60% blockings.

when u say take glancing blows do u mean just use that tree and those gems, and then once i get 60% block i switch trees and gems?

thanks for the help btw

yes, when you have a good rumi's flask, somewhere attackblock on clusters or replica pure talent or watcher's eye determination-mod attackblock etc. you regret glancing blows and you switch, when you did not used it already, tempest shield for capped spellblock with some spellblockpassives in.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 23, 2021, 7:47:08 PM
Status update from one of the players trying to do this build that's not terribly great at making currency. I'm grinding my way towards getting one of the more expensive needed items for the build, but it's a tough choice. I'm still running glancing blows at lvl 91 and starting to feel it with the random deaths from damage out of nowhere.

Do you guys think I should prioritize a watcher's eye to help me transition to full block first or is something else better?

The list of things I am considering grabbing next are:

"
Corrupted Blood Immunity Golden Rule
Block Chance Watchers Eye (using damage reduction atm)
Iron Reflexes Skin of the Lords (have Ghost SotL dance w/ 3r2g1b atm so not sure if the investment is worth it)

I'm able to run grace determination and Discipline with HoA now, so I feel like if I get my block chance up more, I should be able to avoid getting a oneshot for the most part. I also am setting aside some funds for flask improvements.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which might be the best single upgrade?

Additionally, here's my PoB, in case I'm doing something stupid: https://pastebin.com/sHa76PGd (maim gem in HoA will be replaced once I have the awakened fire damage in my offhand at a level that it gives +1)

Mostly focusing on increasing my tankiness before I focus on exploding my DPS, but that's next on the plate before I head into the endgame content.
Last edited by rikailp on Nov 23, 2021, 10:35:01 PM
"
Chromino wrote:

Do you know if the blocked hits of fullblock activate the ghostshrouds or not? I guess yes, because ordinary blocked hits count as hits. But I am not sure about ...

No, mate, from all of that: my personal experience, reddit, and poewiki (https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Ghost_Dance)

Ghost dance is triggered only when you take full hit, which was not evaded or blocked. Hits taken with Glancing Blows are also considered as blocked.

So, this is how major layers of defense work for us:

Spoiler

Ghost Shroud is the final layer of defense against hits when everything else failed.

I also suggest you add Ghost Dance as a preferred choice for Glancing Blows.
High evasion, required for ghost shroud, prevents taking damage from hits a lot. While with Iron Reflexes and Glancing Blows you are just a sandbag for beating, without any damage prevention.

Edit: Ugh, I wasted some time for that image, but could just mention that
- If the hit was Blocked - it triggers Aegis Aurora.
- If the hit was taken - it triggers Ghost Shroud.
Last edited by monik390 on Nov 24, 2021, 6:01:32 AM
Hey Chromino can you look over my build pls? Im tanky but can you help me getting even more tanky?^^ https://pastebin.com/M4nHk8x9
"
Drulace wrote:
Hey Chromino can you look over my build pls? Im tanky but can you help me getting even more tanky?^^ https://pastebin.com/M4nHk8x9

Hi Drulace,

overall your gear is getting very fine and great! armour 100k buffed is fine, 6.6k es could be better but is okay. Your armour and helmet are b.i.s., congrats! Gloves are vera fine too, but you need to fit them in and they are not offering tankyness.

More important is:

Check all points in "checklist damage" like max up pantheons with divine vessels.

You should:

-get ignite-immunities on a flask-suffix.

- the flask-set-up is extreme important in scourges with charges gain when hit, basalt-flask, automatic triggerings for faster uptime. Follow all important first gear from "flasks and sulphur" and "fire and other ailments".

- your spellblock is too low 48% in the fullblock-edition: you need tempest shield, or other spellblock like a large cluster with conjured wall, jewel replica pure talent, some passives +3 sanctuary or mystic bulwark.
With all steps of manamanager you should easy activate "tempest shield" and switch out defiance banner or anoint "charisma" on amulet, but it should work with testudo too.

- your gloves are going full damage, you need 80-100% chance to poison with divergent HoA lvl 21 to use them with 60 virulences and stormburst channeling ball-lightnings with less movement-capacities in your set-up, etc., see "gloves" in "gear, skill, links" for full virulences or get divergent HoA lvl 21. I would advice to change them a while to rare gloves with more es and more integrated cast speed for more tankyness.

Your next upgrade would be divergent frostshield, divergent cws, and then a better watcher's eye with 2 strong mods, then aul's with grace for better fitting attributes.

Your shield is not optimal: the missing vaal discipline is very strong in the build as another source of recovery.. I would switch to another shield and take vaal discipline gem instead defiance banner.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 24, 2021, 11:03:09 AM
hi, i'm seriously thinking about migrating to the 100% chaos version, but i have a doubt, how to reach 60 virulence with the Triad Grip glove?
"
radius540 wrote:
hi, i'm seriously thinking about migrating to the 100% chaos version, but i have a doubt, how to reach 60 virulence with the Triad Grip glove?

Hi radius540! Arachnophilia!

I optimize the set-up soon in the pob for triad grips.

It's already written in: section gloves in "gear, skills, links"

You need 80-% 100% chance to poison without "chance to poison suppprt" in gloves. With divergent hoa lvl 21 and eventually more like circle of nostalgia buffed HoA effect, septic spells or curse mastery, see section gloves in "gear, skills, links" for all possibilities, you get them then with:

anomalous ball-lightnings - anomalous spellecho - faster casting - gmp

or change gmp to chance to poison or with 80% chance to poison to stormbrands

or try out the set-up with slower and less movement-abilities:

stormburst- cast while channeling - chance to poison - ball-lighnings

Or 55 virulences and take in instead "gravepact" is also possible.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 24, 2021, 5:46:42 PM
Great build, everything is easy to do BUT Maven's fight. Seems like i should forget about farming Maven with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info