Diablo 4 does not have a chance to compete....

Well first of all @ the OP that is confused.

Comparing D4 skill tree(which indeed is pre-alpha) with PoE skill makes no sense. PoE skill tree is mostly a passive effect skill tree whereas D4 is mostly an active ability skill tree.

You should compare D4 skill tree with something like Grim Dawn skill tree for a fair comparison, a massive skill tree doesn't necessarily make it better, being bloated especially is a bad thing in PoE.

What matters are meaningful choices and D4 devs are definitely going into the right directon here judging from the latest update.

Secondly, D4 i predict will compete just fine with PoE 2 assuming Blizzard doesn't screw something major up(Like happened with D3 PvP prior to its lauch etc).

There is content in D4 that likely will be impossible to incorporate in PoE 2 successfully, this will interest a lot of folks, especially veterans of Diablo 2 battle net, such as the aforementioned PvP in an open world setting has big potential. Massive open world maps to explore with new interesting concepts such as conquering of town hubs, not since ''Sacred'' has an ARPG project been this bold.

Last edited by wierdzodi on Jan 9, 2021, 8:12:51 AM
There are some leagues that even 20 min tutorial wont be enough (like Betrayal). Even w/o GGG making their own tutorials, they could provide acess to guides some streamers did, for every league that exist (Im sure those streamers wont mind free exposure). Either by giving link to video on youtube or just adding it to the game, so people wont need to look for guides to each league by themselves.
Last edited by Aynix on Jan 9, 2021, 7:18:55 AM
Both games please different purposes and I love them both.

Diablo 3 (and probably also 4) = Coming home after a hard day at work, open a beer, lean back, go brain AFK mode and simply slay monsters & enjoy the simple mechanic of the game.

POE = Making a new PhD exam every 1 week before a new League releases and deep dive into a rly rly rly complex universe the next few weeks/months.
Normaly humans use about 10% of theyr brain but during this time the minimum requirement = 300% (Lucy would be jealous here.)

SO its rly hard to compare those 2 games bcs at the end of the day they're completely different. ;)
Last edited by CroDanZ on Jan 9, 2021, 7:22:07 AM
"
CroDanZ wrote:
Both games please different purposes and I love them both.

Diablo 3 (and probably also 4) = Coming home after a hard day at work, open a beer, lean back, go brain AFK mode and simply slay monsters & enjoy the simple mechanic of the game.

Well except D4 from the early looks of it is not going to be D3 braindead, in D4 you're building a character again with meaningful choices and things to tinker % experiment with. The devs are eager it seems to keep expanding upon this so will be interesting to see the final product.

This is actually why i fear more for PoE 2s future and not D4, because if Blizzard manages to strike the right balance between complexity and easy access it could become a massive hit. PoE in this case being harsh to newcomers and frankly bloated at this point with too much stuff all over the place is not a good thing from a general audience perspective. I hope PoE 2 will condense and remove obsolete chore stuff, create more elegant polished systems without losing the general complexity.
Last edited by wierdzodi on Jan 9, 2021, 7:56:09 AM
d4 will be microtransaction garbage game, p2w
So we are comparing pre-alpha game to a game developed and improved for 7 years

Seems legit
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Jan 9, 2021, 9:27:54 AM
I agree with you, D4 will compete with POE2. There is many aspects of the game which look just great. E.g. the open world, and team play, etc. What is still really, really bad is the itemization though. It looks as if they make the same mistake again as with d3. It's ridiculous that a company who made a game so perfect in terms of itemization as blizz with d2 still tries to "reinvent the wheel" by simplifying each and every mechanic as if most players were morons.

But they didn't just screw up PvP with d3 as you mentioned below. They screwed up the game entirely. Do you remember the "endgame" when the game came out? Every single white mob could basically one-shot you. It was a rip-to-proceed fiesta. At some point people mainly used Tyrael as a tool to kill mobs, as he was immortal...I don't think d4 will come out before it will be ready though.

"
wierdzodi wrote:
Well first of all @ the OP that is confused.

Comparing D4 skill tree(which indeed is pre-alpha) with PoE skill makes no sense. PoE skill tree is mostly a passive effect skill tree whereas D4 is mostly an active ability skill tree.

You should compare D4 skill tree with something like Grim Dawn skill tree for a fair comparison, a massive skill tree doesn't necessarily make it better, being bloated especially is a bad thing in PoE.

What matters are meaningful choices and D4 devs are definitely going into the right directon here judging from the latest update.

Secondly, D4 i predict will compete just fine with PoE 2 assuming Blizzard doesn't screw something major up(Like happened with D3 PvP prior to its lauch etc).

There is content in D4 that likely will be impossible to incorporate in PoE 2 successfully, this will interest a lot of folks, especially veterans of Diablo 2 battle net, such as the aforementioned PvP in an open world setting has big potential. Massive open world maps to explore with new interesting concepts such as conquering of town hubs, not since ''Sacred'' has an ARPG project been this bold.

http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
"
Dan1986 wrote:
..., and team play...

well, you see, this is the reason that i wont even try d4. so this is not a good thing for me. I don't know why they think that is a good think to put in to the game bosses that you cant kill alone
"
"
Dan1986 wrote:
..., and team play...

well, you see, this is the reason that i wont even try d4. so this is not a good thing for me. I don't know why they think that is a good think to put in to the game bosses that you cant kill alone

that is the thing i am looking for. I don't like playing a single player game for months only to be whispered by some lowballer or scammer.

Coop boss hunting? Yes baby.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info