Diablo 4 does not have a chance to compete....

Leaving all the money-talk aside, I think you are asssuming more complicated game design means superior game. Statistics already disagrees with this premise so why wouldn't D4 do well? Is it their goal to 'compete' with GGG at all?

Why would a pizza place compete with a confectioner's, for example? Different products, different clientele.
Last edited by AlvinL_ on Jan 8, 2021, 8:38:29 AM
I am longing for d4, a more accessible and simple arpg.

Nobody, nobody really wants a videogame like poe where you have to put that much time in to keep up to date.
Maybe 1% of videogamers want this. 1%. Nerds that are living their live in a game and dont want to play anything else.

99% will prefer a game like d4. 99%.
Last edited by Faceman165 on Jan 8, 2021, 8:42:55 AM
Minecraft has no chance vs PoE! Just look at this!

I MEAN WTF!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
MaxEXA wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

No. WoW is like that for years now. They added microtransactions to it very long time ago.

Game was launched in 2004. They have been doing MTX for 4 years or five? The game did not launch with the mindset that D4 is kicking off with.

That doesnt change that they are doing it for YEARS now and you act like its first time they do "shady" stuff like that.
"
I think you are asssuming more complicated game design means superior game. Statistics already disagrees with this premise so why wouldn't D4 do well? Is it their goal to 'compete' with GGG at all?

This pretty much sums it up. I, personally, think a game like poe that caters more to the demands of highly involved players is harder to create, harder to keep running and harder to maintain the playerbase. But this clientel will stay and trustworthy, since its a niche market with nearly no competitors.

In terms of D4, we have to see what happens. The given examples are not really showing the progress they are making too. They lost a HUGE part of their former playerbase with D3 and those leagues are nothing compared to what GGG delivers. But aside from those weapons, the stat allocation and its effects in D4 look promising. Though I personally won´t play it. Too happy with PoE right now.
"
MaxEXA wrote:
Game was launched in 2004. They have been doing MTX for 4 years or five?

WoW started with microtransactions in 2009, so 11+ years now.
D4 devs said they were looking for an item system with depth somewhere between D2 and D3.
"very fast weapon" ;-) lol
POE 2 just needs to give us a true AAA engine with combat and animations as smooth as D3. If they do that then D4 has zero chance to be more than a flash in the pan.
"
"very fast weapon" ;-) lol

I really don´t know why people shit over this attackspeed description so much. Yes, I too enjoy complicated content. But honestly, PoE puts it A BIT over the top. I don´t think it is necessary for a game to require 5+ other sides and programs to make the best out of your character.

A simplified version like the one D4 is embracing will make it quite intuitive to pick the "right" weapon types. If you are working with big hits and cooldowns so u need big dmg: take a slow weapon. If your build feels a bit clunky - improve the weapon speed. If you wanna proc on-hit effects? take the fastest u find.

In PoE you have to compare attack speed in raw numbers, different types of additive and multiplicative bonusses, the base speed of the weapon of course and turn that into framerates as well... I really don´t think that this is better :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info