Diablo 4 does not have a chance to compete....

"
Wissle wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Wissle wrote:
Let us not forget that Lilith in the Diablo-verse is somewhat of the incarnation of desire and lust.
Maybe Diablo 4 will have some form of sexual content, that would be epic!

Considering how badly they butchered the Lord of Lies chapter, I wouldn't hold out any hope

In how far?
Did they plan more for Cydea? Maiden of Lust, wasn't she?

All I'm saying is that Belial was completely telegraphed as being the young king(prince). That's basically all he did, well that and disguising his snake men as soldiers.

People came up with much better ideas such as having you kill what you think were his minions but are actually innocents. you don't realize it until after you kill Belial.

Their storytelling is just pretty crappy overall, although the D4 trailer was pretty interesting.
"
Aynix wrote:
"

Dark Souls is not even in the conversation. Anyone trying to pass that as an arpg in any meaningful discussion of the evolution of games just imposing their own definition for the sake of it. I certainly didnt play Kings Field or Demons Souls and go wow this is just like Diablo...mainly because King's Field predates it and is much closer to the style of Ultima Underworld...which then evolved into the much more dynamic Demons Souls...and Dark Souls is just more of the same, refined and redefined for subsequent platforms. It always had Action, and it was always a RolePlaying Game...but just because your dish has a few flavours doesn't mean that is what it IS.

Dark Souls an arpg. Haahahahaha yeah. No.

And calling PoE a hack and slash is even more laughable. This implies it has anything to do with games like Golden Axe, King of Dragons, Shadow over Mystara, or even the Musou titles. Hell, it implies you even do much Hacking or Slashing in what is essentially a shooting game now. Talk about wishful thinking. Fucking Soul Edge is more hack and slash than PoE...

I'm constantly reminded of just how easily people can lose meaningful perspective whenever I see an Exile leave their very narrow (but oh so deep) lane.

Beware the man of one game...

Ok boomer. Dark Souls is RPG game. It has action combat in it. A in ARPG stands for ARPG. To me Dark Souls is ARPG.

It's not even close to being an ARPG
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

"
Wissle wrote:

"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

quote="Wissle" realm="pc"]Let us not forget that Lilith in the Diablo-verse is somewhat of the incarnation of desire and lust.
Maybe Diablo 4 will have some form of sexual content, that would be epic!
/quote]

Considering how badly they butchered the Lord of Lies chapter, I wouldn't hold out any hope

In how far?
Did they plan more for Cydea? Maiden of Lust, wasn't she?

All I'm saying is that Belial was completely telegraphed as being the young king(prince). That's basically all he did, well that and disguising his snake men as soldiers.

People came up with much better ideas such as having you kill what you think were his minions but are actually innocents. you don't realize it until after you kill Belial.

Their storytelling is just pretty crappy overall, although the D4 trailer was pretty interesting.

Ah, I see! I thought you meant in terms of potential sexy stuff, hehe
"
Aynix wrote:
"

Dark Souls is not even in the conversation. Anyone trying to pass that as an arpg in any meaningful discussion of the evolution of games just imposing their own definition for the sake of it. I certainly didnt play Kings Field or Demons Souls and go wow this is just like Diablo...mainly because King's Field predates it and is much closer to the style of Ultima Underworld...which then evolved into the much more dynamic Demons Souls...and Dark Souls is just more of the same, refined and redefined for subsequent platforms. It always had Action, and it was always a RolePlaying Game...but just because your dish has a few flavours doesn't mean that is what it IS.

Dark Souls an arpg. Haahahahaha yeah. No.

And calling PoE a hack and slash is even more laughable. This implies it has anything to do with games like Golden Axe, King of Dragons, Shadow over Mystara, or even the Musou titles. Hell, it implies you even do much Hacking or Slashing in what is essentially a shooting game now. Talk about wishful thinking. Fucking Soul Edge is more hack and slash than PoE...

I'm constantly reminded of just how easily people can lose meaningful perspective whenever I see an Exile leave their very narrow (but oh so deep) lane.

Beware the man of one game...

Ok boomer. Dark Souls is RPG game. It has action combat in it. A in ARPG stands for ARPG. To me Dark Souls is ARPG.

I am obviously Gen X dude but eh believe what you will. Its how you lot got into this mess to begin with.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"

I am obviously Gen X dude but eh believe what you will. Its how you lot got into this mess to begin with.

Many people are wrong about the most simple things and don't realise it. A hack and slash is easily define as having lot of combat and violence. Nothing say hack and slash as killing hordes and hordes of monsters.
Diablo 4 is being made for all flatearthers.
that is sad, I love Diable series
You people who cry how shit Diablo 4 is before it's even released and still in very early development are so frickin' adorable :D

Hope that makes you all feel better about yourselves ;)
Personally i like diablo series and their game engine is much better, its so smooth. Imho op should compare 1y old poe to current diablo4, they have just started making it.
I stand corrected.

Atfer 3.13 D4 actually have a chance..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info