Diablo 4 does not have a chance to compete....

I don't trust blizzard anymore with any game but..

I would fucking play a game with good coop, actual story and solid gameplay. I don't care if poe is implementing that mechanic which is relevant for 5% of players.

My shield charging character can't fucking move 5 meters without clipping something.
Last edited by ariakas6165 on Jan 8, 2021, 3:08:22 PM
d4 never had a chance after the d3 playerbase and more casual players discovered PoE

PoE will have 10 years of content when D4 is released and a botload of systems.

D4's best bet is to have enough complexity to stay interesting and just going the accessible arcade brawler way.
"
ariakas6165 wrote:

I would fucking play a game with good coop, actual story and solid gameplay. I don't care if poe is implementing that mechanic which is relevant for 5% of players.

My shield charging character can't fucking move 5 meters without clipping something.

Game or ARPG? Because there are plenty of games like that (not ARPG)
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
EnderCN wrote:
Blizzard has always focused on developing stripped down more accessible games. I don't know why D4 would be any different. A lot of people love that about them.

They sure didn't until Activision bought them. They used to be by the hardcore for the hardcore. People here would struggle with the NPC in Brood War

Blizzard has never at any point been about hardcore gaming. Starcraft was a simplified RTS compared to what was out at the time like the Age of Empires. WoW is a simplified version of Everquest. Diablo was a simplified version of RPG's of the time.

The whole thing that made Blizzard popular was making games simple but tactically enjoyable and keeping the system requirements low.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
ariakas6165 wrote:

Game or ARPG? Because there are plenty of games like that (not ARPG)

pls...
"
EnderCN wrote:
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
EnderCN wrote:
Blizzard has always focused on developing stripped down more accessible games. I don't know why D4 would be any different. A lot of people love that about them.

They sure didn't until Activision bought them. They used to be by the hardcore for the hardcore. People here would struggle with the NPC in Brood War

Blizzard has never at any point been about hardcore gaming. Starcraft was a simplified RTS compared to what was out at the time like the Age of Empires. WoW is a simplified version of Everquest. Diablo was a simplified version of RPG's of the time.

The whole thing that made Blizzard popular was making games simple but tactically enjoyable and keeping the system requirements low.

Diablo is the father of arpgs as far as i remember.

Sc is super complicated in terms of 3 factions are completely unique but the game is still balanced.

Wow is hardcore enough since it is an mmo.

"
EnderCN wrote:
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
EnderCN wrote:

D2 was a much deeper version of D1 and WC3 was a deeper WC2. Their sequels don't always follow the same rules you are trying to make. But yeah, D4 will still be oversimplified as demonstrated by it being between D3 and D2 in complexity.
"
ariakas6165 wrote:

Diablo is the father of arpgs as far as i remember.

It is likely the first ARPG but it was still initially designed as another rogue like. The real time combat was just a lucky change suggested by Blizzard South.
That's not a passive tree, its a bonsai XD

Forum pvp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info