I Think I Figured Out Why Cyberpunk Sux

"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Could do. As long as the characters don't talk too much.

They dont talk much. Only the usual hit recognition memes like "uaaahhh" or "urgghjhh" when getting hit by big mobs or ailments ;)

The player-controlled protagonists don't say much, but the quest NPCs will constantly bombard you. There's a LOT of obnoxious exposition and chatter in BL3, sadly.

Johny, if you hated BL2, you'll downright despise BL3. The latter tries way too hard with the humor, and it just falls flat compared to 2. You're going to get lots of "bro" humor and poop jokes - so many poop jokes. There's also loot saturation on the scale of Diablo 3, terrible storylines, and an ever-changing endgame because they can't decide what it's supposed to be. Stay away.

"
3DNeophyte wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Could do. As long as the characters don't talk too much.

They dont talk much. Only the usual hit recognition memes like "uaaahhh" or "urgghjhh" when getting hit by big mobs or ailments ;)

The player-controlled protagonists don't say much, but the quest NPCs will constantly bombard you. There's a LOT of obnoxious exposition and chatter in BL3, sadly.

Johny, if you hated BL2, you'll downright despise BL3. The latter tries way too hard with the humor, and it just falls flat compared to 2. You're going to get lots of "bro" humor and poop jokes - so many poop jokes. There's also loot saturation on the scale of Diablo 3, terrible storylines, and an ever-changing endgame because they can't decide what it's supposed to be. Stay away.

While its true that the story is not as amazing as BL2 (with the kinks you mentioned) with Handsome Jack it still has its moments and apparently the DLCs (have not played them yet) are better than the main story, just looking from reviews.

Ultimately everyone decides themself if he likes the game. It has at least better reviews than CP2077 despite some rough edges and is still fun to play endgame or in groups, so theres that ;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 29, 2020, 12:59:31 AM
It has better reviews because of the thing I keep mentioning - the older the game gets the more favorable its reviews get because it becomes more polished.

Guess will watch some videos to decide for myself.
Lol, damn fricken broken forum. I don't wanna retype that. You'll all forever wonder.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Dec 29, 2020, 3:02:38 AM
50 hours here, game built upon lies delivered a lie, dont know why you guys try so hard to discuss and downplay the game against the shills here, fanboys will protect it to end, and i've seen some arguments defending game that made me cringe.

Graphics are awesome, gameplay is shallow, story is ok, world is barren and empty similar to offtopic after rule changes, on surface it seems alive, but your choices don't matter.

Someone in previous posts victoriously mentioned how there is quicksave option if someone gets stuck or something, well guess what, it doesnt even have a quickload.

There is too much to be said about the game, and mostly every youtube reviewer or whoever said it all, so I won't try to delve into it. No developer company are saints, higher ups will chase profits, real workers will suffer and overwork, but people tend to overlook it and idealize companies based on their experience with games, instead of looking at real conditions in which they work in.

I went into cp2077 expecting nothing and got even less out of it, almost every aspect of gameplay is broken and unfinished and anyone defending it, is doing some heavy mental gymnastics or is the new wave of perfect consumer that will buy any unfinished product and love it for its potential, damn, wish i started selling potential, i'd be a millionaire.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Dec 29, 2020, 3:20:26 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Skyrim's side quests do fuck all to the main story. In fact the main story is so detached to everything else you might as well not play it. Don't try to pretend like this is something new or its a bad thing considering how Skyrim is one of the most successful games ever.

And Fallout: New Vegas' integrated into the world by all affecting your reputation with various factions which may affect how they interacted with you in the main quest, including making some or most of the paths through that quest unavailable.

And New Vegas actually did only take 16 months to make.

"
Lots of the missions don't involve combat? Welcome to Witcher 3, where you spend a whole lot of time chilling with various people. And once again, this did not turn out to be a problem. It is one of the most successful games ever.

It's not that the missions don't involve combat, it's that they don't involve anything else to do with your character you've built either. Like again in F:NV the game gives loads and loads of things for your character sheet to do outside of combat by referencing your skills in dialogue and as options for completing missions.

99% of the time Cyberpunk references your skills in conversation it's in the blue options that are just an extra thing you can say as flavour rather than yellow options that affect how the conversation progresses.

Witcher 3's sidequests were much more involved as well, even if they didn't have combat in they often hinged on investigation and deduction and they were all unique and detailed, where as Cyberpunk's are more like what you'd expect to find in a Ubisoft game. The same four things copied and pasted over and over again.
"
And Fallout: New Vegas' integrated into the world by all affecting your reputation with various factions which may affect how they interacted with you in the main quest, including making some or most of the paths through that quest unavailable.

And New Vegas actually did only take 16 months to make.

This doesn't matter. Is Skyrim an open world RPG? It is. How other games implemented their quests is meaningless when we are arguing about definition.

"
It's not that the missions don't involve combat, it's that they don't involve anything else to do with your character you've built either. Like again in F:NV the game gives loads and loads of things for your character sheet to do outside of combat by referencing your skills in dialogue and as options for completing missions.

99% of the time Cyberpunk references your skills in conversation it's in the blue options that are just an extra thing you can say as flavour rather than yellow options that affect how the conversation progresses.

Not entirely true. There are side missions that can be completed more easily if you have certain skills. For opening doors for example. Others provide you with better rewards. I had a mission where I had to sell a shard. 10 intelligence was required to get a better price but I didn't have it. Finally, a whole part of a mission was based on whether I had enough intelligence to find an IP. Since I didn't, I got access to more content because there was more work to be done to reveal a location.

"
Witcher 3's sidequests were much more involved as well, even if they didn't have combat in they often hinged on investigation and deduction and they were all unique and detailed, where as Cyberpunk's are more like what you'd expect to find in a Ubisoft game. The same four things copied and pasted over and over again.

Personal opinion. One quest that has nothing to do with the main one involved tracking a serial killer's hideout and saving kids from slowly dying. To me, this is some hard stuff.

"
I went into cp2077 expecting nothing and got even less out of it, almost every aspect of gameplay is broken and unfinished and anyone defending it, is doing some heavy mental gymnastics or is the new wave of perfect consumer that will buy any unfinished product and love it for its potential, damn, wish i started selling potential, i'd be a millionaire.

This is why I've been so aggressive when arguing with the critics. You've already formed this opinion in your head that the people who like the game are some sort of fools. I've never generalized the haters in such way but I am starting to see that they do share certain traits.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 29, 2020, 4:02:33 AM
I love the game! I'm not a hater, but I can see why you think so lmao
Spreading salt since 2006
My post was not specifically directed at you but more along the lines of the criticisms and how they are so similar. All of the people who criticize the game mention reviews even though they are majorly positive, both critics and customers (the PC ones only). Almost all of them have spent very little time or no time whatsoever yet they believe that they know everything. Another similarity is the belief that we've been lied too. It is true to an extend, the trailer is not really what we see ingame. The AI is also less than what was promised. However, this is hardly something new, all gaming companies do it.

I don't think you've been perfectly honest either. You love the game but think the people who defend it are shallow.

Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 29, 2020, 4:26:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info