I Think I Figured Out Why Cyberpunk Sux

Wife got it for Christmas and loves it. Plays on PC, no longer new but not that old. Zero bugs, glitches, etc. I don't play it.
Censored.
Oh, and here I thought it was because 90% of the budget was spent on a blatant aggressive viral marketing campaign.

Spoiler
I'll adjust that to 60%
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Dec 29, 2020, 9:05:35 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Wife got it for Christmas and loves it. Plays on PC, no longer new but not that old. Zero bugs, glitches, etc. I don't play it.

I just upgraded to a new laptop TODAY. Decided to benchmark Cyberpunk even though I DON'T PLAY THE GAME. And...

Spoiler

Before Title Screen even...
"
BearCares wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

I just upgraded to a new laptop TODAY. Decided to benchmark Cyberpunk even though I DON'T PLAY THE GAME. And...

Spoiler

Stop it, you are just hurting yourself. Move on and send it to the trashbin.

Forum pvp
"
BearCares wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Spoiler

Did you get it working? If not, what was/is the reported issues/errors?

Just FYI and just in case - Conextant audio drivers have still not been updated for many laptops and there is no manual way to do this that Win10 likes. Win10's newest "content patch" issued back in May, I think, is still not compatible with most, if not all, laptop Conextant audio drivers. Meaning... stuff. This could result in "issues" if Win10 tries to install that content/feature pack/patch and or something in CP2077 relies on or is looking for it. (Conextant audio is popular with a lot of low and midline laptops, though I'm sure some higher end ones could use it too.)
"
BearCares wrote:

Well yeah. A lot of people are aware of that. But these systems are not isolated and it's how they are entangled with one another that makes them difficult to iron out. Every game or game engine has its own esoteric methods that look great from one angle but horrible from another. So these problems may not be as easy to fix as you think.

Some game engines have the animation directly intertwined with the physics engine or the in game clock or some aspect of the renderer itself so it may not be that simple as fixing animation orientation - depending on how ambitious the programmers were with being cutting edge-lords of optimization and features.

True.

But, I tried to speak directly only to the issues I could address with a good degree of accuracy. At the very least, I stayed only to what I "saw" and what assumptions I could derive from that which were likely "true." :)

IOW - I ignored things I had no credible interpretation of or that may lead me to make a false or outrageously incorrect statement. :D

Their physics engine is their own, so there's not a bunch that can be said unless they make some very specific statements about it. (Earlier, I linked what was a physics simulator meant for what are basically quantum/atomic sims up to molecular. I think they'd most likely use that for their global illumination/lighting/reflections and stuff. That's the only physics sim I have a reference for that they're using.)

I don't know that the game would be frame-locked. It's possible, but with their own physics stuff and the analog nature of the real-time controls, it would seem they'd work on "physicality" modeling of combat for a more organic, "real," sort of feel. Of course, the feel and performance of that will vary across platforms. (It's not "X-Com" needing a better AI Cover system. In the "open world" combat I saw, NPCs didn't look smarter than my neighbor's cat that has been dead for years... Legal Statement: I had nothing to do with the death of that friggin' furry poop-factory. Probably.)

(Wrote a bunch of other stuff, linked some vids, but.. I already post too much on something I can't experiment with, myself. :))

I don't think combat or animations are necessarily frame-locked. Physics interactions appear to be switched on for objects and surfaces where one would expect physical interactions to be needed. (Speed glitching while running on train-tracks and roadside barriers where auto-collisions would be expected to be particularly "showy." :))

Anyway, the above stuff I wrote was just in the context I described them where I felt I could be reasonably accurate. Then again, as my disclaimer states, I can't claim any direct knowledge of anything much beyond my own comfy chair and my cup of coffee.
"
kolyaboo wrote:

I'm glad your wife enjoys it zero bugs and glitches can't possibly be true. My main character stands up in the T-pose when I'm driving in the car. And you bought an identical copy of the game as I did!

Anyway yeah I got it to work after updating drivers *_*. I don't know which program is good for measuring fps (any suggestions). The new 'top is better than I thought it would be. Seems it can max out CP minus the Psycho ray tracing setting T_T but I'm fine with that because I know they only put Pyscho in there in order to make people want to buy 30 series cards which was the entire point of this game to begin with - to sell Nvidia cards before AMD destroys that whole company
Really enjoying the game on PS4 pro. 1.06 has improved the performance slightly but it still chugs when autosaving and crashes here and there. I'm staying the course and will continue to play it exclusively until 3.13 hits.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Well I'm going to put a hot take here. I think that Keanu Reeves' performance was the best in the game. If there were any deficiencies I would fault the director for not informing him better about the situations he was in.

But essentially Keanu was playing a sociopath who was on a huge ego trip that was seething with rage. Well I only played 4 hours so that's what it seemed like. I think the wooden/flat tone that he was speaking with was perfectly appropriate for a man on the verge of losing his mind.

Then again I only played 4 hours so I'm just interpreting the character from that one flash back battle.

I just think it's odd how the same people defending the game are also bashing the best thing about the game which was Keanu's performance.
She got it for Christmas and wasn't allowed to open til Christmas Eve. That's the law here. She got the updated version I guess. Also I made her update all drivers before the holiday as I suspect a lot of folks that have all the bugs have not.

I have asked nearly every day. Glitches? Bugs? Crashes? WHAT? Nothing. She said she had a slight screen freeze once like it was having trouble loading all assets but she waited and it loaded.

I mean I can't prove she isn't lying but why would she? I look over her shoulder sometimes and see nothing wrong. Also she tends to walk off when a game crashes and I haven't seen that yet.

Neither of us is a shareholder of CD Projekt Red. Neither of us is huge fan of any of their other games.

Haven't heard her say anything good or bad about Keanu Reeves.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Dec 30, 2020, 11:10:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info