[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's ❄️ LL CoC Ice Nova/Spear Assassin ❄️ Ready for 3.19 Fun Lake Farming!!!

"
PRYMZ wrote:
"
SmartTrigger wrote:
Has been a while since I played Cyclone CoC Ice Nova. It was before the mana cost nerf.

So 2 questions:
1. Similar to what Muscat said:
How do you sustain Mana? Right now I am still at the life based part of the build. I have the Replicas CE and I also slotted a normal CE to reduce the aura costs. I have +2 Mana on hit but without Clarity I can't sustain and with Clarity I have to switch off either Precision or Skitterbots.

2. What's the real difference between Ice Spear and Ice Nova? I tried Ice Spear but it does not seem to be able to clear packs. So is it more fore bosses?

I have Non-Channeling on ring also with a replica conq.. Only way for me to sustain mana and now I'm safe. But that makes Dash cost to 1Mana so Arcane surge is useless, so later on when I can I'm gonna go for enlighten instead in that socket so I can use Purity of elements for Immunity.

Why not have Vortex with Arcane Surge?
"
iisanoob wrote:
"
Muscat wrote:
I have problems witn mana sustane on single target. Any ideas how to fix it? Have Conqueror, Clarity, +2 mana each hit, still not enough.

Have you tried Essence Sap anoint?

Edit:
I checked out your character and you seem to focus on high DPS. Two circle of fears is _extremely_ greedy, especially since you're missing -7 mana rings.

+ Tranquility anoint is a greedy anoint compared to Essence Sap.

Isn't our Attack Damage really low? I can't see that adding a lot of leech?
Why not have Vortex with Arcane Surge?[/quote]

Currently sustaining mana so with 2x -10mana cost, Vortex is down at 2mana cost.
Ok my problems with mana solved :). All it took - Divergent inspiration + Conqueror + Clarity lvl 8 + 2 mana each hit with 1% mana leech (2 nodes on tree) + timeless jewel with 1% cost skill for 10 devotion and i'm fine now, with 2 circle of fear and Tranq
Last edited by Muscat on Feb 9, 2022, 2:18:50 PM
I don't know how to feel about this build...
Last edited by Prov1eh on Feb 10, 2022, 5:15:18 PM
"
Prov1eh wrote:

What’s wrong with it?
"
iisanoob wrote:
"
Prov1eh wrote:

What’s wrong with it?

I don't know, maybe I expected too much but feels super squishy despite 7-8k ES.
Hello there . I'm playign the occultist version and i have a couple questions for endgame min maxing:

1/ I see the top poe ninja build using anomalous ice spear. Is the extra pierce to allow ice spear to reach its second form all the time? Does it impact single target? What is the minimum amount of pierce required?

2/I no lifed the early league and am lucky enough to play with a headhunter. Am I fucking up my breakpoint?

3/ Similar question for tailwind. Is there any advantage before reaching the 52% cdr breakpoint?

4/ The aps / cdr calculator is very clear for the cwdt gem, but doesn ot expand past 6% cdr for cospri. Is it because it's unlikely we reach 10+% aps?
"
Yougstroyer wrote:
Hello there . I'm playign the occultist version and i have a couple questions for endgame min maxing:

1/ I see the top poe ninja build using anomalous ice spear. Is the extra pierce to allow ice spear to reach its second form all the time? Does it impact single target? What is the minimum amount of pierce required?

2/I no lifed the early league and am lucky enough to play with a headhunter. Am I fucking up my breakpoint?

3/ Similar question for tailwind. Is there any advantage before reaching the 52% cdr breakpoint?

4/ The aps / cdr calculator is very clear for the cwdt gem, but doesn ot expand past 6% cdr for cospri. Is it because it's unlikely we reach 10+% aps?

hey, very good questions. here are couple of my thoughts to answer.

1) extra pierce is super nice for map clears. This build is a fun mapping build, with ice spear with hitting the boss in close range to stack extra projectiles. For bossing, as far as i know number of projectiles matter the most vs. 2nd form (i bet we do not reach 2nd form with bossing at close range).

2) in my opinion build is at best to play with headhunter (or mageblood for uber mega damage). it's much easier this patch to hit 52% cdr (boots can have up to 10% cdr implicit on top explicit + awakened coc gem @ level 8 (+3 from mastery), we dont even need the extra jewels with cdr or +1 shavronne or awakened coc at level 6.

3) tailwind is good but it's action speed vs. attack speed. pob calculations do not reflect in game. check in game to be sure.

4) in my opinion not to worry too much for cospri cooldowns is way to go. it's not really worth to calculate for it, because main damage comes from coc gem which was not changed with cooldown changes to cospri.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
Prov1eh wrote:
"
iisanoob wrote:
"
Prov1eh wrote:

What’s wrong with it?

I don't know, maybe I expected too much but feels super squishy despite 7-8k ES.

well, the build was never meant to be tanky (expect CI versions during Harvest leagues with max block etc.) but to have fun mapping with decent bossing.

You can always swap for Determination (replace Zealotry) to have 20% less damage but more tankiness. I am going to offer a tankier version pob when i update the build. Last league i was playing with it towards the end of the leauge, and i could face tank minotaur attacks :)
twitch.tv/Qosmoz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info