[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:
Love cold conversion spark builds. Going to give this a try. When will we know if this is viable build? Im tied up until Sunday so hopefully that gives me some time to figure out what works and what doesn't.

I would imagine midday Saturday I'll know if crackling lance is the real deal or not. I'll let you know / reply back to you here.

I've been taking the experimental passive tree through leveling today/yesterday and am proofing that it works. So far so good. If it works then I'll update the post with how to navigate the new tree. The current tree is well proofed and will serve anyone well. I built the experimental tree just as deliberately but don't want to give anyone the impression I've actually played it yet.

PoB Community Fork doesn't have CL in the skills yet so I can't do DPS estimations or anything yet. I have seen people put Arc in its place but I don't really know how close it will be.

Thank you I really appreciate it.
Going to give this build a go this league haven't played spark since pre 3.0 i am assuming this build with a decent investment can clear nearly all content? Also thank you for your hard work on this build guide <3
Last edited by GosuSausage on Sep 18, 2020, 12:11:08 PM
"
GosuSausage wrote:
Going to give this build a go this league haven't played spark since pre 3.0 i am assuming this build with a decent investment can clear nearly all content? Also thank you for your hard work on this build guide <3

Yes -- that is one of the strong parts of playing Spark Inq. You have great clear speed / ability through the end game. Bossing can be a bit of a struggle and that's where Crackling Lance will hopefully bridge the gap.

TY for the kind words on the guide.
"
Rbn192 wrote:
I will definitely look into it ! I'll probably start as an assassin and if it doesn't work I'll switch to Inquisitor. I hope Crackling lance will be dope in the first week, I don't want to be disappointed 🤣

That's my fear as well and why the build is Spark focused with the hopes that CL will pay off for single target damage. If it doesn't, well, this build is still highly playable.
This is my first build using a templar in a very long time and I (not only) don't have the community fork, I also can't find your ascendancies in thepost. What 4 do you take and in what order?
"
achmedclaus wrote:
This is my first build using a templar in a very long time and I (not only) don't have the community fork, I also can't find your ascendancies in thepost. What 4 do you take and in what order?

1. Sanctuary
2. Pious Path
3. Righteous Providence
4. Inevitable Judgement
So far it feels like for me i need alot of cast speed to use Crackling lance to have good dmg (3th stage of intensify asap) and the ability to move alot to dodge attacks and spells. As the intensify buff get removed in a second if you move and compeltly remove of you dash
Last edited by OGFire on Sep 19, 2020, 12:43:02 AM
"
OGFire wrote:
So far it feels like for me i need alot of cast speed to use Crackling lance to have good dmg (3th stage of intensify asap) and the ability to move alot to dodge attacks and spells. As the intensify buff get removed in a second if you move and compeltly remove of you dash

I’m starting to get some good damage from CL with Spell Echo, Intensify, and Inspiration. I agree that faster casting speed would be REALLY helpful. With that said, I like the overall change to the build as I’m able to quickly load damage onto a single target. Normally, you spend just a ton of time sparking and running. Now you can cut the encounter time in half or more with well timed CL beams.
"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
OGFire wrote:

I’m starting to get some good damage from CL with Spell Echo, Intensify, and Inspiration. I agree that faster casting speed would be REALLY helpful. With that said, I like the overall change to the build as I’m able to quickly load damage onto a single target. Normally, you spend just a ton of time sparking and running. Now you can cut the encounter time in half or more with well timed CL beams.

Yeah i agree with you the dmg tho are pretty awesome :O
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:
"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:
Love cold conversion spark builds. Going to give this a try. When will we know if this is viable build? Im tied up until Sunday so hopefully that gives me some time to figure out what works and what doesn't.

I would imagine midday Saturday I'll know if crackling lance is the real deal or not. I'll let you know / reply back to you here.

I've been taking the experimental passive tree through leveling today/yesterday and am proofing that it works. So far so good. If it works then I'll update the post with how to navigate the new tree. The current tree is well proofed and will serve anyone well. I built the experimental tree just as deliberately but don't want to give anyone the impression I've actually played it yet.

PoB Community Fork doesn't have CL in the skills yet so I can't do DPS estimations or anything yet. I have seen people put Arc in its place but I don't really know how close it will be.

Thank you I really appreciate it.

I’m having success with CL - Spell Echo - Inspiration - Intensify as a 4 link. The skill in this spark shell has some legs and I’m excited to see it in end game.

Unfortunately I have other commitments so I am not as far along as I’d like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info