3.10 ⚡ Marylene's Fallacy Assassin - Best non-Herald stacking ele Wander REWORK IN PROGRESS

"
Voodzzz wrote:

Yesss! For once the annul did his job :D

Now to fix rings with accuracy

Congrats :)
Hello Torstein and exiles.

Two days ago i just got bored of my archmage/storm brand build, so i've decided to explore new builds and this is how i ended on this guide. I've particularly tried to find an build that's using Power Siphon because i like it.

I've just gone through the comments and i was pleasantly surprise on how often you're interacting with the guys who asking for guidance.

So i've decided to give it a try. I've sold all my items from stormbrand build and made up some currency to spend on this build.

Up to this point the aoe damage on normal mobs are good even on T16 but when i'm facing bosses or even rare elite in packs the damage on them seems very poor. Also the resistance of this character it seems to me not so great, sometimes i'm ended dead after 1 shot.

I would like to ask you to have a look upon my character and items/build.

I've tried to copy your build as in guide and also looking on your profile but i could not understand how is so easy for you doing the end content and for my char is ended up dead most of the time.

I'm aware of some differences of the gear and also i don't have boots enchant of some minor tweaks.

Any tips could be very good.

My profile : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sagalewl28/characters
Hey Torstein, build is looking great. I don't know if I'll have time to play it this league (your pathfinder guide made me fall in love with clawa), but thank you for suggesting more builds look at Natural Affinity. I put it on my wild strike raider, which is the last character I would have guessed would benefit from it, and I love it. The damage mitigation mechanic really helps with my uptime and I overall feel more survivable.

One question- after playing your build how do you feel about Natural Affinity with evasion/dodge vs armour? would you consider armour if it was an option?

@Sagalewi I didn't look at your character in depth, but a couple thoughts having read the post. Is your character and your gems all the way leveled up? Also, are you using your active defenses well? It takes some practice- when I play a toon with so many active defenses I still die a lot :P
Get the awakened gems , they are MASSIVE dps boost! And not that expensive at the moment
"
gallantblues wrote:
Hey Torstein, build is looking great. I don't know if I'll have time to play it this league (your pathfinder guide made me fall in love with clawa), but thank you for suggesting more builds look at Natural Affinity. I put it on my wild strike raider, which is the last character I would have guessed would benefit from it, and I love it. The damage mitigation mechanic really helps with my uptime and I overall feel more survivable.

One question- after playing your build how do you feel about Natural Affinity with evasion/dodge vs armour? would you consider armour if it was an option?

@Sagalewi I didn't look at your character in depth, but a couple thoughts having read the post. Is your character and your gems all the way leveled up? Also, are you using your active defenses well? It takes some practice- when I play a toon with so many active defenses I still die a lot :P

Not have awakened gems, i'll try upgrade them for more damage boost. But at is it now, my gems are all up lvl 20 / +20 quality. Unfortunately my char is lvl 88.

I do know i lacking some passive points due to lower lvl but i don't think it will make a much difference.
Hey again TorsteinTheFallen!

Quick update on my build, still really strugging with Single Target (mainly Boss DPS in T16 Maps).

Do you have any ideas what would be the next items to Target to buy/upgrade for Single-Target DPS? I've not been using Barrage yet, how much of a difference does this make for Single-Target?

Also - what is the strategy for regaining Flask Charges? I seem to be struggling getting them back. Is this idea to make use of Portals here? Or is there a regeneration of these?

Gear is below!

Last edited by NeedBlackupYo on Apr 26, 2020, 3:16:03 PM
@TorsteinTheFallen
thx for build, great work!

a8 Sirus/a8 UberElder oneshot, endgame content all complete.
the build is very fun, fast, but a little crystal. requires the presence of reaction and hands to jump out of the pile of mobs.
perhaps the next League I will start on this build, we will see

"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:

Barrage support is like 3 x damage for single target. And why are you using herald ring when we arent using one? and why you havent linked your gloves? And get woke gems. And get you dont have AS on wand, get better one. And only Pathfinder can regain flask charges on bosses, on others you need use them wisely.
Last edited by JokerC4 on Apr 27, 2020, 6:23:52 AM
"
JokerC4 wrote:
"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:

Barrage support is like 3 x damage for single target. And why are you using herald ring when we arent using one? and why you havent linked your gloves? And get woke gems. And get you dont have AS on wand, get better one. And only Pathfinder can regain flask charges on bosses, on others you need use them wisely.

Just tried some Barrage kills on Bosses and man you are correct the damage different is huge - thanks for this. I'm going to need to start leveling that gem up.

The ring was really just a placeholder as it has fair amount of damage on it (I'm not short of Mana, Life or Resistances at the moment which are the other stats needed on that slot).

Thanks for checking the gloves out, I honestly didn't see that it was missing a link, so I've got a bit more reserved % Mana back now!

Do you think Wand, Ring and Awakening Gems are the best upgrades for Single-target DPS as it stands at the moment looking at what I currently have? I probably have around 5 Ex to upgrade to push my DPS forwards, or do you think something like Tailwind boots?
Last edited by NeedBlackupYo on Apr 27, 2020, 9:06:12 AM
"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:
"
JokerC4 wrote:
"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:

Just tried some Barrage kills on Bosses and man you are correct the damage different is huge - thanks for this. I'm going to need to start leveling that gem up.

The ring was really just a placeholder as it has fair amount of damage on it (I'm not short of Mana, Life or Resistances at the moment which are the other stats needed on that slot).

Thanks for checking the gloves out, I honestly didn't see that it was missing a link, so I've got a bit more reserved % Mana back now!

Do you think Wand, Ring and Awakening Gems are the best upgrades for Single-target DPS as it stands at the moment looking at what I currently have? I probably have around 5 Ex to upgrade to push my DPS forwards, or do you think something like Tailwind boots?
At the very least get awakened Added Lightning Support. It is only 90c and adds a lot more damage.

Other than that Tailwind boots are also a huge upgrade for this build, though you can't expect much out of them with a budget this small. Pretty much only some life MAYBE one resist or Strength. For multiple of these things you'll have to pay several ex.
Make sure they have an open prefix for the Movement Speed/Onslaught craft. Onslaught is also a really nice boost while mapping.

Probably upgrading your wand is the better option for now though. The crafted added lightning damage option is less than half from what you get with an Essence. So get some Essences of Wrath, an Imbued wand, then reroll it and try to hit Spelldamage along with the lightning damage. From that point you can multimod the Critchance and Attack speed.
That will probably eat up your budget, but it's probably also you're best option for an upgrade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info