New SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 Thread

"
Morkonan wrote:
In this crisis we should be putting aside at least some of our differences in order to save lives. Right? Shouldn't we be doing that as independent countries? As individual people?

Nah. Things are getting worse, which means it's the perfect time for blame games and shifting responsibility. If people can solve a problem easily, they might focus on that. But there are no easy solutions for this outbreak now. So the more rational choice then is to ensure that at least you, or your country or govt., can't be blamed for it. After all, even if you act responsibly, things are gonna be bad. So, assuming you live to have to face the future (which is still vastly more likely for most people), it's important that the poor state of your household or country isn't blamed on your govt.
Last edited by Exile009 on Mar 30, 2020, 11:23:13 PM
Subtitles can be turned on from YT menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2_55vbrMec&feature=emb_title
Alright, the new cases in Italy are dropping. Hope it finally sticks.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Alright, the new cases in Italy are dropping. Hope it finally sticks.

Let's hope. Unfortunately no one knows how to lift the quarantine. As soon as you do death rates will soar again. So I guess we should all prepare to stay indoors for quite some time..
Gradually I believe. What China is doing. Start little by little and see if the infections are going to stay low. Obviously social distancing is here to stay for months.
"
Exile009 wrote:

You must be new to Altna's posts lol. They're all like that. He never speaks directly or in a straightforward fashion (which is probably a smart move on these forums, given the mod policy).

I am pointing out if you didn’t understand someone in English, they can't speak clearly or communicate effectively. I am expressing my perspective, it is their problem not mine. They can continue to be unintelligible.
175 deaths in The Netherlands in a single day, which brings them to over a thousand. Only the hardest hit countries in Europe, the US, Iran and China have reported more than that so far. Guess the 70% immunity doesn't look so good now.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Mar 31, 2020, 9:09:37 AM

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I'm convinced!

About three weeks ago, my best pal was swabbed and sent home to isolate and sweat it out over the weekend waiting for the result. It came back negative.

He was experiencing pains in his chest along with coughing and flu-like symptoms. With a history of clotting problems, they suspected lung clots but wouldn't x-ray until Covid-19 was ruled out. Turned out he had a few clots in his lung that he's now healing from with blood thinners, etc.

Global death rate among confirmed/completed cases is at 19%. Another really good reason to stay home if/when possible.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Mar 31, 2020, 2:30:03 PM
"
The_Impeacher wrote:

Global death rate among confirmed/completed cases is at 19%. Another really good reason to stay home if/when possible.

Thats not true. YT material i linked previously explains why. Its form one of the major universities in my country.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info