New SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 Thread

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
u sure thats not propaganda on our side of the divide?

No, it's not "propaganda."

eg: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8160931/Spain-returns-faulty-coronavirus-testing-kits-bought-Chinese-company.html

There have been many instances of general "product returns" and quality issues, some being very real health concerns, of large runs of products from Chinese manufacturers being returned.

But, Chinese manufacturers manufacture... a lot of products. Even so, things like jewelry being made out of outrageously toxic metals, presumably because those raw materials are cheap, and pet food being poisonous and personal care items like toothpaste and make-up causing actual wounds...

I've dealt with some Chinese manufacturers. I've see what certain manufacturing segment's practices actually are and what they produce. Some standards are fine, but many do not come even close to equaling the minimum manufacturing standards of companies in other nations. They slip through the system because they're just simply not being highly scrutinized until "something bad happens."

That doesn't mean they're all bad, it just means that there are plenty of opportunities and examples for them to be bad. :)

Note: ISO certification should be a heck of a lot more widespread and, IMO, much more closely monitored by consumers of certain products.

"
..ultimately china want to be friends with the west, they want to get along with us, trade with us, co-exist peacefully with us. the west doesnt agree, especially america. america needs enemies and it will stop at nothing to make china the next one now that the old propaganda about russia has worn hollow.

I don't even know where this comes from, but I don't think it's based on any facts.

Nobody wants and nobody needs "enemies." Saying they do is... propaganda. :)

Anyway, let's stay out of that kind of line of reasoning altogether, OK? This is about the entire World against a Virus, not about individual countries making enemies out of each other. Covid-19 doesn't care about borders and doesn't care who's government its host owes allegiance to.
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
u sure thats not propaganda on our side of the divide?

No, it's not "propaganda."

eg: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8160931/Spain-returns-faulty-coronavirus-testing-kits-bought-Chinese-company.html

ive seen that article before. theres a big difference between a company in china made some dodgy testing kits and china, the government, is intentionally sending out all the ventilators and ppe equipment to the west faulty in order to seem like theyre helping but actually not help the west.

"
Spanish Health Minister Salvador Illa announced earlier this week that the country had bought $467 million in medical supplies from China, including 950 ventilators, 5.5 million testing kits, 11 million gloves and more than half a billion protective face masks.

Shenzhen Bioeasy said in a statement that the incorrect results may be a result of a failure to collect samples or use the kits correctly. The firm said it had not adequately communicated with clients how to use the kits.

The Spanish ministry said it will withdraw the kits that returned incorrect results, and would replace them with a different testing kit provided by Shenzhen Bioeasy.

so all that stuff they bought from a chinese company, some of the testing kits they thought were faulty, and the spanish ministry is replacing them with testing kits bought from... the same chinese company.

how is this china as a state intentionally sending out bad stuff to the west to pull some kind of trick on us? that is a spin.

"
Morkonan wrote:

"
..ultimately china want to be friends with the west, they want to get along with us, trade with us, co-exist peacefully with us. the west doesnt agree, especially america. america needs enemies and it will stop at nothing to make china the next one now that the old propaganda about russia has worn hollow.

I don't even know where this comes from, but I don't think it's based on any facts.

that is a naive view of the world that unfortunately is not based on the facts.
Last edited by elesham4ever on Mar 31, 2020, 9:01:43 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

ive seen that article before. theres a big difference between a company in china made some dodgy testing kits and china, the government, is intentionally sending out all the ventilators and ppe equipment to the west faulty in order to seem like theyre helping but actually not help the west.

"Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology has not yet been licensed by the Chinese National Medical Products Administration to sell its products,” he said.

There are more than 100 Chinese companies selling coronavirus testing kits to Europe, but many are not even licensed to sell in China.

"
elesham4ever wrote:

They bought fk tonnes of supplies in January when no one was thinking epidemic --> because no one knew it could spread person to person --> because China was saying it couldn't spread person to person --> China being the only ones who had any access to the virus --> because China shut the rest of the world out.

There, now you can get it straight.

More accurate wording would be "The preliminary investigations have not found clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.”

Nobody knew any better. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, subsequent investigations found there was clear evidence of human-to-human transmission. They need documented cases of direct human-to-human transmissions. Not speculation or assumptions. Evidences, you actually need to go find it.

Then China sequenced the genome of the COVID-19 virus and share it with the rest of the world. Are they mad?
Last edited by awesome999 on Mar 30, 2020, 6:24:46 PM
"
"
awesome999 wrote:
Are they mad?

Their good book was already filled with another mans 'thought'
So, yes.
Attempting to play god is quite mad.

I'll throw the book at him.
How about you raise your right hand up, bitches.

Line em' up. I am the law.
Watch JD twist the cap off him and his little crazy brother next door.

H

HW

Spoiler
servedanus

the D is silent

;)

Incoherent word salad.
"
awesome999 wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
awesome999 wrote:
Are they mad?

Their good book was already filled with another mans 'thought'
So, yes.
Attempting to play god is quite mad.

I'll throw the book at him.
How about you raise your right hand up, bitches.

Line em' up. I am the law.
Watch JD twist the cap off him and his little crazy brother next door.

H

HW

Spoiler
servedanus

the D is silent

;)

Incoherent word salad.

You must be new to Altna's posts lol. They're all like that. He never speaks directly or in a straightforward fashion (which is probably a smart move on these forums, given the mod policy).
Last edited by Exile009 on Mar 30, 2020, 9:50:58 PM
USA seems worse off than Europe. New York and New Jersey aside, the numbers for confirmed infections per state are too even. Spread looks completely out of control and without a complete country-wide lockdown I doubt there'll be any permanent results in stopping the virus. That, or just completely quarantine the risk groups and let the virus run its course through the rest of the population.

Either way the bodies are gonna pile up.
"
awesome999 wrote:

Incoherent word salad.

Alphabet soup from incoherent word salad? Can you not spell it out?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
...how is this china as a state intentionally sending out bad stuff to the west to pull some kind of trick on us? that is a spin...

If you wish to present a point and then argue against it, don't make it sound like I was the one who made it.

I didn't say that China was doing this purposefully. I was addressing the fact that it's not "propaganda" that defective products are being returned.

If that wasn't clear, I apologize.

However, we'd have to know details about the manufacturer to make any further assumptions or declarations. If it's a state controlled, subsidized, wholly or partially owned company, which is possible in China, then the fault may indeed lie more directly under the control of the Chinese government.

"
"
Morkonan wrote:

"

that is a naive view of the world that unfortunately is not based on the facts.

ROFL! "Naive?" After what you wrote above?

"love and kisses and hugs from china

America is only Bad Man."

Anyway, this is going far from where it needs to be focused - The Corona Virus Epidemic.

THAT is the issue. In this crisis we should be putting aside at least some of our differences in order to save lives. Right? Shouldn't we be doing that as independent countries? As individual people?
"
THAT is the issue. In this crisis we should be putting aside at least some of our differences in order to save lives. Right? Shouldn't we be doing that as independent countries? As individual people?

We used to do this. When I was a kid.

America was our value. We Democrat or Republican. Or whatever.

Now, it is us vs them. From within. A house divided falls.

Corona is just icing on the cake for our real advesaries.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info