New SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 Thread

"
The_Impeacher wrote:
going by the 2019 numbers, 219 deaths per day from influenza and complications from influenza.

US is at 515 so far today and that number will grow each day for many months until either everyone has gotten it or a vaccine is distributed.

You're amortizing influenza deaths over a year and use 1 day stats for Cornoa.

Corona only has 22 deaths a day this year amortizing.

Git R Dun!
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Austria are trying to do it I think? Either way it doesn't matter, if a cure is found everybody will hear about it. Till then, try drinking hot water cause it kills it or at the very list forces it into your stomach where your acid kills it.

My housekeeper told me that I could keep from being infected by Covid 19 if I shoved a hairdryer up my nose and turned it on because "heat kills it." She read it on Facebook...

Drinking hot water isn't going to do squat. I suppose if you want to inflame your esophagus, go for it. "Feel the burn." :)

If you get enough of it in your gut you'll get the squirts for awhile. BUT, yes, swallowing "could" help. Which yields "drinking something" could help. So, that's not completely overboard IMO. (I am not a physician.)

But, did you know that you aspirate your own spit when you sleep? Well, at least pretty frequently. Everyone does it. We breath it in, snore, cough, whatever.. Droplets of it get airborne and down they go! It's a primary route straight to the lungs. Grats us?

If you want to so something proactive, there, then making sure your toothbrush is clean is a good thing. (Don't keep your toothbrush near the toilet. It'll collect all sorts of interesting things that come out of your butt. :) Ecoli deposits on toothbrushes are LEGENDARY. And, Covid-19 can be viable and survive for quite a long time in feces.)

Brush your teeth, wash your face, blow your nose (Just not too hardly. You don't want to force snot into places it shouldn't be going.) and just practice some decent hygiene. Wash your pillowcases a bit more frequently, too. Might help... might not. But, at least it's got some reasonable reasons why doing it is sensible.

PS: I'm mixed on "mouthwash." Saliva has some pretty tough mechanisms in it for keeping the biome relatively healthy. For anti-bacterial performance, mouthwash might help... maybe? For anti-viral, I'm not so sure. Swish with it, don't gargle and thus irritate the back of your throat. Dunno, really.
"

This will go up quite alot in the next 4 weeks.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
going by the 2019 numbers, 219 deaths per day from influenza and complications from influenza.

US is at 515 so far today and that number will grow each day for many months until either everyone has gotten it or a vaccine is distributed.

What are you going to say by the end of next week when the deaths are over 1000 per day and going up?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
"
A lot of numbers up there Hampster. Let me know when more die of it than flu each year and I'll start to worry.

So far 2000 vs 30,000+..tempest in a teapot.

Basically without testing we wont know. This will be more deadly than the flu for sure. It could be not much more. Or it could be way more.

We should see this play out in the next 60-90days in full.

81k on the low end. (1.8million had it on March 23)
1.75million. (83k had it on march 23)
4.40million. (33k had it on march 23)
USA approx deaths

If Italy numbers are true .... 20million dead in the USA. (doubtful)

All of these numbers are going to be abit more due to the overwhelming of
medical facilities.

In a bad year the flu kills 61k. So this will be worse than the flu.
Question is we cant model much without testing. So we dont know how bad.

If it was 81k dead we would all go back to work tomorrow.
If it is over 1million dead in 3months well I am pretty sure we dont.

60-90days should be plenty of time to hit herd immunity (probably around the world also if it keeps spreading as it has up til now) And then we will see
via hindsight just how bad it is.

I agree we need more testing and abbot just released news of a 5 min test
https://twitter.com/AbbottNews/status/1243680163054915584

I think you never shut down your economy for anything. Even if someone drops 10 nukes on your largest cities. Because more people will die of starvation, suicide and other malignancies like strokes and heart attacks when hospitals shut down with no tax base.
Git R Dun!
When all of the hospital beds are taken up with Covid-19 patients, people will be dying at home and in the streets of many different things.

Flattening the curve is the answer to keeping cases at a manageable level. In the US, it's too late for that now anyway.

As you were.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
The WHO just released this on facebook about 1hr ago.

C-19 is not Airborne.

So someone sneezing on you or coughing on you can spread it.

But not someone talking or breathing. (assuming the person isnt a
talker who spits alot)

Which means plastic visors and masks will protect almost everyone
from it.

And not wiping your mouth, picking your nose or rubbing your eyes with dirty hands.

Very good news for sure.
Last edited by HamsterRebellion on Mar 28, 2020, 9:50:28 PM
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Austria are trying to do it I think? Either way it doesn't matter, if a cure is found everybody will hear about it. Till then, try drinking hot water cause it kills it or at the very list forces it into your stomach where your acid kills it.

My housekeeper told me that I could keep from being infected by Covid 19 if I shoved a hairdryer up my nose and turned it on because "heat kills it." She read it on Facebook...

Drinking hot water isn't going to do squat. I suppose if you want to inflame your esophagus, go for it. "Feel the burn." :)

If you get enough of it in your gut you'll get the squirts for awhile. BUT, yes, swallowing "could" help. Which yields "drinking something" could help. So, that's not completely overboard IMO. (I am not a physician.)

But, did you know that you aspirate your own spit when you sleep? Well, at least pretty frequently. Everyone does it. We breath it in, snore, cough, whatever.. Droplets of it get airborne and down they go! It's a primary route straight to the lungs. Grats us?

If you want to so something proactive, there, then making sure your toothbrush is clean is a good thing. (Don't keep your toothbrush near the toilet. It'll collect all sorts of interesting things that come out of your butt. :) Ecoli deposits on toothbrushes are LEGENDARY. And, Covid-19 can be viable and survive for quite a long time in feces.)

Brush your teeth, wash your face, blow your nose (Just not too hardly. You don't want to force snot into places it shouldn't be going.) and just practice some decent hygiene. Wash your pillowcases a bit more frequently, too. Might help... might not. But, at least it's got some reasonable reasons why doing it is sensible.

PS: I'm mixed on "mouthwash." Saliva has some pretty tough mechanisms in it for keeping the biome relatively healthy. For anti-bacterial performance, mouthwash might help... maybe? For anti-viral, I'm not so sure. Swish with it, don't gargle and thus irritate the back of your throat. Dunno, really.

According to CDC a light concentration of bleach kills it in >1 min. I soak our toothbrushs in this bleach. I wipe all door handles and light switches off in this bleach. I wipe my steering wheel and stick shift off with bleah as I am fortunate to still go to work/shopping.
Git R Dun!
@ Hamster - Not seeing it on the Canada.ca site yet. Hopefully they can confirm it (Facebook is GRU influenced)
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Mar 28, 2020, 10:05:23 PM
What's amazing is people are eating drive through. Kitchens are notorious for not being fastidious abt hygiene. I have a problem in normal times with eating out let alone when flu or a pandemic is running around. Don't eat take out drive through. Follow CDC hygiene guidelines on food prep/cleanness and we'll be fine.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 28, 2020, 9:59:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info