[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - Very tanky, fast and fun wander

"
Farbod wrote:
So I am not sure how viable this will be on higher tier maps. Not sure the damage output is going to justify the lack of defenses. I am going to keep with it but I might abandon this build if its not working as well as I would like. Also might drop Indigon as I don't think we have the mana pool for it. Still haven't used a cluster so maybe that will change things. Not a bad build, just not the most ideal for this league.

My current setup:

Spoiler

Just an observation but you’re running spell crit and as a note only flat spell damage will convert to attack damage via wandslinger. Also personally I think we’re likely better off going for just flat life and mana and ignoring ES since we aren’t taking very many ES nodes or keystones so recharge is pretty weak compared to our mana and life recovery. Not sure what you’re EHP is but I’d imagine we won’t be comfortable until the 4.5-5k/2k mana point
"
Cøpe wrote:
"
Farbod wrote:
So I am not sure how viable this will be on higher tier maps. Not sure the damage output is going to justify the lack of defenses. I am going to keep with it but I might abandon this build if its not working as well as I would like. Also might drop Indigon as I don't think we have the mana pool for it. Still haven't used a cluster so maybe that will change things. Not a bad build, just not the most ideal for this league.

My current setup:

Spoiler

Just an observation but you’re running spell crit and as a note only flat spell damage will convert to attack damage via wandslinger. Also personally I think we’re likely better off going for just flat life and mana and ignoring ES since we aren’t taking very many ES nodes or keystones so recharge is pretty weak compared to our mana and life recovery. Not sure what you’re EHP is but I’d imagine we won’t be comfortable until the 4.5-5k/2k mana point

I know spell crit doesn't convert, but the gloves are more for the mana cost increase. Right now I have 3.4k life, 2k ES and 2.4k mana. Still only lvl 78. Going to see what the clusters bring before I make wholesale changes.
got indigon and respeced to acro/MoM. Still need more passive pts, change T-shirt but comfortable already.
My cluster notables are Distilled Perfection and Numbing Elixir for mana issue, Holistic Health for great HP/Mana.
Bought an indigon and tested it out; on guardians and big bosses you just go oom and sit there waiting for mana cost to go down.

It does feel tankier during mapping but during bosses like conquerors I went oom quick and could not regen it back up fast enough
I just don't think Indigon is going to work without a huge rework. Indigon needs a MASSIVE mana pool to work properly. I have switched out of Indigon, dropped the mana flask passives and am going to use the points for clusters. I have looked them over and found what I think is the best combo:

My gear:
Spoiler

Clusters I plan to use:
Spoiler

"
Cøpe wrote:
"
geo000dune12 wrote:
"
Cøpe wrote:
Just got my dying sun so gonna see how that works out.

Next step will be grabbing an indigon and a flammability ring for some testing on that build but right now PoB isn't showing much of a damage increase after some editing so not sure but might be better survivability

Any reason you went first for dying sun before indigon?

In PoB using indigon and editing it for the 200% or so attack increase didn’t yield the same damage buff as dying sun (dying sun is an entire 50% damage increase overall since you’re using 6 projectiles instead of 4)

Today’s been frustrating for mapping mostly due to delirium for me and I definitely had some deaths in cortex/simulacrum and the odd t15–16.

Hoping running MoM down the road will help survivability but into the higher reds this build does lose some pop.

Honestly I just can’t tell if it’s delirium or servers or what but I’m getting really choppy moments leading to some rips.

Oh, I see.. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go for a Dying Sun or Indigon next, thx for the answer

MoM will certainly help, it has saved my ass a few times tbh

I am also getting pretty choppy moments, with and without a Delirium active, it's pretty frustrating..

"
Farbod wrote:
I just don't think Indigon is going to work without a huge rework. Indigon needs a MASSIVE mana pool to work properly. I have switched out of Indigon, dropped the mana flask passives and am going to use the points for clusters. I have looked them over and found what I think is the best combo:

My gear:
Spoiler

Clusters I plan to use:
Spoiler

Couple things: running flammability for the 20% mana reserve isn't worth it instead of wave of convinction (conviction is about 50% more dmg than flammability from PoB). Taming isn't worth losing a warlord ring imo and from what I've seen of the clusters we benefit most from projectile ones (I have 35% projectile dmg + 25% nearby dmg and a 30% proj and 8% attack speed node on mine which no elemental/fire/attack one's I have seen can beat yet but I haven't seen them all to be fair). Dropped indigon as well and am now just running acro and MoM and Have 6k EHP no ES 6.6 k with ES and 50-60% attack and 40% spell dodge with elusive, this seems to be a nice balance actually.

Last edited by Cøpe on Mar 18, 2020, 4:49:41 AM
Hey,I just got to maps today ,and i keep dying and really struggling with white T1 maps . All i got from this league's gameplay is 15c . Any advice ?

Spoiler
Last edited by cexybast on Mar 18, 2020, 5:56:06 AM
"
cexybast wrote:
Hey,I just got to maps today ,and i keep dying to the point i end up not finishing the map . All i got from this league's gameplay is 15c . Any advice ?

Spoiler

Can you public your char so i can see your tree, i don't think white map is a problem with your current item.

"
Cøpe wrote:

Couple things: running flammability for the 20% mana reserve isn't worth it instead of wave of convinction (conviction is about 50% more dmg than flammability from PoB). Taming isn't worth losing a warlord ring imo and from what I've seen of the clusters we benefit most from projectile ones (I have 35% projectile dmg + 25% nearby dmg and a 30% proj and 8% attack speed node on mine which no elemental/fire/attack one's I have seen can beat yet but I haven't seen them all to be fair). Dropped indigon as well and am now just running acro and MoM and Have 6k EHP no ES 6.6 k with ES and 50-60% attack and 40% spell dodge with elusive, this seems to be a nice balance actually.

Spoiler

How about get cluster Corrosive Elements and drop wave of conviction for MOM?
Spell slinger + conviction + combustion take 34% your mana, that's a lot of Ehp
Cremator for corpse destroy and Disorienting Display for blind? This is large cluster.
For medium one, may be curse cluster work. something like culling strike and itimidated.
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Mar 18, 2020, 5:57:19 AM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
Can you public your char so i can see your tree, i don't think white map is a problem with your current item.

Yeah sorry about that .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info