Corona virus

Look, I might suck at flipping items in PoE, but when it comes to flipping hand sanitizer? Holy shit! I saw the panic getting ready to set in, and I purchased a whole cart full of hand sanitizer before the stores had limits on them. I told them I worked maintenance at a nursing home, and they sent me here to purchase this because their supplier ran out.

Then, I went online and purchased 32 cases of the stuff.

Flipped it all within a week, and got close to 5x my investment back.

Also, I wasn't the type of dealer who abuses his own products. I used normal soap to wash my hands, not hand sanitizer.....

You all didn't catch me earlier, because I was too busy flipping hand sanitizer.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 23, 2020, 12:17:05 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

We aint no italy

First of all we are not old people like Italy. Second we don't kiss each other greeting. Thirsd of all we don;t have 84th worst health care in the world.

Italy is a third world country who exchanges bodily fluids to say hello.

Do you know the co-morbidity rates of america?

Go look up your obesity, blood pressure and hart related figures to get a clue.

Your by all accounts worse off then italy when it comes to your population because they are far more unhealthy then italians in general.

Also for future reference before you go spouting some weird bullshit.

"
In 2019, Italy's healthcare system was regarded, by World Health Organization's ranking, as the 2nd best in the world after France,[3] and according to the World Health Organization, Italy has the world's 6th highest life expectancy.[4] The life expectancy at birth in Italy was 82.3 years in 2012, which is over two years above the OECD average.[2]

Italy has for example some of the best resperator technical skills of the world, you can go read their papers on that stuff from the past couple of years if your interested.

There is a reason why professional people are alarmed by italy's situation, exactly because of their health care state and their proficiency in lung and breathing technique's.

Nobody is served by this spouting of unverified "she said, he said" rhetoric.

A virus doesn't care about your numerical age, it cares about your biological age and americans score piss poor in that department.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : it should also be noted how stupid an argument of "having less old people" is when it comes to a pro-healthcare argument.
It only demonstrates the opposite reality, italy has more old people because they have better lifestyles combined with good healthcare systems.

And calling italy a third world country is beyond ignorant when it comes to reality and history.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 23, 2020, 12:30:10 AM
How did I recover like it was nothing? I didn't do anything I didn't already do before.

This is my life, this is my creed:

Follow this, and coronavirus can't beat you.

Spoiler
Had to pay homage to a certain someone, I told them I would, because they could no longer post here.
Know who completely disagrees with you on everything? Arnold.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Ahh. A reality denier.

No, I'm perfectly aware of the reality. That idiot masses have overreacted led by governments of incompetent assholes who're feeding the panic like farmers feed their sheep. Meanwhile, the global economy has crashed over a virus that's killed less than 15000 people globally. Anyone who sees this as anything more than an orchestrated power grab, is an idiot. When the dust settles, the powerful will be more powerful than they were before.

And if that turns out to be the case, you can bet they'll keep that arrow in their quiver for whenever it becomes expedient to distract the masses, or to justify some measure or measures which would otherwise be sociopolitically untenable. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
You know this forum is trash when mods allow such blatant trolling lmao
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The deniers are multiplying. I'm out.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Sigh, so much BS and lying in a thread. Go play Path of Exile all day long if you don't have a fit body and hope there is a herd immunity soon.

The stereotypical gamers will certainly develop severe conditions once the virus reaches the lungs.

Have you seen the young people developing severe conditions? They were either overweight or/and had no musclemass at all.

Another thing that plays an important role is the dosis of the virus you are exposed to. A good auto-immune system prevents the virus affecing more areas of the lung and the autoimmune reaction removed the virus from your body in the long run(that's the recovered cases). If you are constantly exposed to the virus like Li was, you will develop severe conditions. Other examples were worsened conditions when quarantained with other sick people.
Basically it's throat->throat+lung(shortness of breath)->throat->recovered

And no the symptoms are not the same as an allergic reaction: It only affects the respitory system meaning nothing with the eyes, no sneezing....

An asymptomatic person only has slight symptoms like occasional cough, something that feels like a light soreness of muscles in the joints/chest.

Those developing strong symptoms have a cough, fever than suddenly feel better before shortness of breath hits them like a truck.

The danger is a higher concentration of the virus in a larger region and the collapse of the health care system.

You should look at some videos from North Italy. People suffocate on the streets. And unlike a flu asymptomatic people infect others so you cannot easily isolate them.

You don't need to be an expert to see which 1st world countries will have a similar situation as Italy soon. The UK and the USA will be frontrunners very soon when it comes to cases and deaths.

Cuomo is like the only Governor taking the right steps even when the reaction came quiet late thanks to Trump and the NY numbers are horrifying.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Washington and California aren't testing enough and then there are states where you need to be either almost dead, classified as a high risk patient or be rich.

And those comparing the numbers with the flu. The flu numbers are worldwide estimations mostly affecting third world countries, there are flu vaccines which help against the virus from last season. Somebody slowly suffucating is pretty self-explanatory.

Countries like those in South America, Africa and Central Asia will deliver the numbers you ask for, so have a good look at countries like Brazil.

There are several families of viruses considered pretty dangerous once they mutate and jump towards humans. The Sars paper regarding wet markets is from 2007! There are animals which are more susceptible for viruses and there are animals which make a jump towards the human easier.

There are also papers warning that certain type of Prions could become pretty dangerous once they can jump towards humans eg the CWD prion in deer.

Enjoy watching the USA slowly collapse.

Actually no, fuck that. I am going to say this.

You're Exiles. You play one of the most mathematically challenging 'main stream' games in the world. Let's assume you're not idiots.

You do know that this virus spreads exponentially right? Its R0 is over 2, which means for every 1 infected person, 2 more will be infected on average. That's how exponential growth works.

So even if you don't think it's that lethal, it's going to infect a hell of a lot of people before we get a vaccine going. Okay, we can all accept that.

The next fact: it is more lethal than influenza. Even if reported figures of both infection and death rate are skewed, they are skewed together. Percentile calculations take that into account.

Another: there is absolutely no indication as to who will not suffer from it. That is to say, perfectly healthy people have now died from it. We know conditions that put people at high-risk of serious infection (seniors, weak immune system, lung issues, heart issues, blood pressure issues, etc) but we do not know the opposite. So I hate to say it but whoever is reading this CAN die from it without proper medical attention. You might not, but you might. And are you really willing to fuck with that roll of the dice?

Final fact: if you do need serious medical attention upon getting Covid-19, you're probably not going to get it. The odds are already against you. They're not testing everyone. They can't. New York is ONLY testing hospitalised patients, which is incredibly scary. People here in Australia are being turned away from testing clinics unless they have travelled or been directly exposed to a known patient. Again, given how asymptomatic Covid-19 can be, that is also scary.

If you want to disagree with any of these, that's fine. That's on you. You roll that dice. If you think your life is that worthless, so be it.

The rest of us? We're taking this very seriously and don't have time for your shit anymore.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
How did I recover like it was nothing? I didn't do anything I didn't already do before.

This is my life, this is my creed:

Follow this, and coronavirus can't beat you.

Spoiler
Had to pay homage to a certain someone, I told them I would, because they could no longer post here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4tI0mQ4ZdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8hj_fKsgio

You're done.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 23, 2020, 12:38:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info