Corona virus

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
MrCoo1 wrote:

Coronavirus has a mortality rate that's 10 times that of the flu.

They have yet to determine an accurate mortality rate, because they don't know the true number of people who've been infected and recovered. It hasn't been around long enough to determine an accurate mortality rate.

Based on all the panic surrounding this, I'd have never guessed in a million years that the mild symptoms I had a week ago was "THE BIG VIRUS THAT'S IMMINENT DOOM".

What they do know however is that no children under age 9 have died from coronavirus. Flu kills children that age every year.

You haven't answered my earlier query - how many people catch the flu? Not just die from it. You say we don't have an accurate mortality rate for this disease, but you haven't provided us a mortality rate for the flu you're comparing it to. Just raw numbers, no proportions or percentages.

Note also my other earlier question about how concentrated those cases tend to be. Does the flu tend to overstretch a typical developed healthcare system?

Also, your conclusions are still based on just one lonely little anecdote...
Last edited by Exile009 on Mar 22, 2020, 11:26:34 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Coronavirus deaths, even if you take worst-case scenario predictions isn't even gonna be a drop in the bucket for the amount the flu kills every year, yet nobody is crashing the economy every flu season.

The worst case scenario is 90 million deaths (unlikely, since that assumes absolutely no response or countermeasures, but you did say worst case). Your move.

Edit: To clarify, that's a global extrapolation based on the findings of this study. I made a post explaining all that (well, to be honest, it was a copy of someone else who'd explained it) earlier in this thread - https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3M2YZ2poHjLNHHyHS16EBOdkzoHA-vJ4UAYR2V-wHxj9q2AtM-0wzZf24

90 million deaths, hahahahaha! You got me on that one. My response to that is I'd LMAO if the virus that gave me the sniffles killed 90 million people. Maybe their immune systems need to "Git Gud", yeah? Maybe taking up power lifting would help.

Glad to know when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, I'll be one of the few surviving humans with the antibodies to it.....

Thanks for the laughs.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 22, 2020, 11:29:31 PM
Don't waste your time, he is baiting i thought i made that much obvious with my response of "because its called something different".

Apparently you need to be explicit about "don't feed the troll".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ahh. A reality denier.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
I read that the UK is managing to pay out of work bar staff 80% of their wages.

its not 80% just for out of work bar staff. theyre giving everyone who is employed in the uk who is now forced to not work because of the shutdown 80% of their wages up to £2500 per month.

what theyre going to do for people who are self employed is still unsure, afaik its not been announced yet. small businesses are all getting a £10,000 grant and medium businesses are getting a £25,000 grant. I think mortgage payments have been frozen, theres some other measures for renting etc.

Thank you for that clarification. I think it *was* aimed at bar staff/workers when I posted that, based on what I read, but things move so quickly now anything posted here is probably out of date by the time you read it.

I don't have much to add today. I'm still reeling from the devastatingly bad news conference our PM and his politically-insidious CMO gave last night. Already our state premiers are contradicting them vehemently.

Found out my local pharmacy can and will home deliver my very specific medication, which is bloody awesome. We are now 100% locked down until August, when I need to go get a blood test and renew the script for said medication.

My mother is currently 'in line' to buy an icebox from a national appliance chain. Unlike the US, iceboxes are not common in Australia. We tend to rely on the freezer attached to our fridges. I was delighted at her taking it this seriously.

Our hardwares are being stripped now, as people gear up for self-sustainable options like vegetable farming.

__

I haven't even read the thread's updates here but given who's now contributing I can guess what a load of bullshit it is. Covid-19 is a coronavirus (COrona VIrus Disease discovered in 2019 -- COVID-19). Not all coronaviruses are Covid-19. Some coronaviruses are all but harmless, and most we know enough about to deal with. Covid-19 is largely unknown and very not harmless and we don't really know how to deal with it. It is in fact the cause of a SARS -- SARS-CoV-2. And even a moron knows what SARS is.

End of fucking story.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 22, 2020, 11:51:15 PM
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Ahh. A reality denier.

No, I'm perfectly aware of the reality. That idiot masses have overreacted led by governments of incompetent assholes who're feeding the panic like farmers feed their sheep. Meanwhile, the global economy has crashed over a virus that's killed less than 15000 people globally. Anyone who sees this as anything more than an orchestrated power grab, is an idiot. When the dust settles, the powerful will be more powerful than they were before.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 22, 2020, 11:45:04 PM
Big Scam IMO. You do not destroy your economy for any reason. For ANY reason. Not for a virus. Not if someone drops a nuclear bomb on 10 of your biggest cities. A great depression will be way worse than even 3% of population dying. OFC democrats and media playng it up like end of the world and shutting down whole states... because it's the only way they can beat Trump taking us into a depression.

I like the way Singapore, South Korea and Denmark is handling it. Business as usual and isolate most vulnerable and infected rather than shut down whole states.

Wait in two-three weeks. You'll be saying Aim was right as riots go down and hospitals are not overwhelmed as they claimed they would be weeks ago.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 22, 2020, 11:49:47 PM
@W

Our countries are tracking pretty closely in both infection and government/citizen response. I'm trying to keep up with everything.

Maybe you can get have the doc call in a prescription renewal? I know the blood test will be a different story.

(Confirmation of my suspicions above)^
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Mar 22, 2020, 11:48:55 PM
I'm with Aim_Deep here. The global economy is worth more than a few lives. People are legit going to get put out on the streets, with banks foreclosing on people's homes, which will no doubt add to the amount of feces on the streets of San Francisco, making their poop map even bigger than it is already.
I'm the guy who fake-coughs in Walmart, just to get the little old ladies who insist on blocking the whole isle, out of my way (I never thought they could actually move that fast), without being confrontational or rude. If all I gotta do is fake cough to get people the fuck out of my way, I can seriously get used to this.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 22, 2020, 11:54:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info