Wuhan China Coronavirus.

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Looks like the situation in Italy is improving. No other European country caught it with the same force, so things there are looking good.

What? They had over 500 new cases today.
[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Solwitch's post is a little bit alarmist.

Masks help. They're not perfect, because there is no cheap measure with 100% effectiveness, but it helps. If being infected by covid19 was getting pregnant, condoms would be prohibitively expensive, wearing a mask would be equivalent to the pull-out method, and not wearing a mask would be like, well, you can follow the analogy from here. Masks are cheap, be smart and get some.

25 weeks of food is some serious InfoWars level prepper shit. If you're rural that might not hurt anything, but in an urban area you're going to have much bigger problems than hunger if people in your neighborhood can't buy food for more than a month. I'd suggest a week of food stocked, but it's scary planning past that for urban environments.

And any panicking is just because people are acting stupid and caught up in all the media hype. All it is is a more severe version of the Flu with a 1 to 2% fatality rate..., that's it! People want to make it more than it is.....

As you probably read, most people that get it are going to have mild symptoms that go away on their own....I THINK they quoted about 80% of people who get it will be on the milder side.

If people just stay calm and treated it like any other virus, then there will be no food shortage.....
Just a weekly reminder that corona is still a nothingburger.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Eh, I believe it has trace amounts of somethingness.

But I can totally agree with the characterization "massively overhyped."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 1, 2020, 1:07:06 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Eh, I believe it has trace amounts of somethingness.

But I can totally agree with the characterization "massively overhyped."

And the thing is, since they are saying a large percentage of those who get it won't even know it, there may already be thousands of people across the USA who already have it. While I'm not saying that's a good thing, it's not a death sentence to 98 or 99% of people who get it, so life would go on as normal.

Imagine if the media didn't even know about it. people would just think it was a really bad strain of influenza and life would go on as normal....

It's the MEDIA that loves to scare the shit out of everyone....That's what they do!

"
Mentoya wrote:
It's the MEDIA that loves to scare the shit out of everyone....That's what they do!
True, but also Ecclesiastes 3:1. Not that I'm particularly Christian or anything, but sometimes a little fear is appropriate. I don't think a whole lot will be gained by hoarding food, but anticipating this virus by having respirators available, and having patients know in advance respirators are critical to proper treatment of severe cases, that can save lives.

As I said before, this isn't quite a nothingburger. It's a single, value-menu somethingburger. The marketing always makes it look like more than it is.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 1, 2020, 1:57:23 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
True, but also Ecclesiastes 3:1. Not that I'm particularly Christian or anything, but sometimes a little fear is appropriate. I don't think a whole lot will be gained by hoarding food, but anticipating this virus by having respirators available, and having patients know in advance respirators are critical to proper treatment of severe cases, that can save lives.

As I said before, this isn't quite a nothingburger. It's a single, value-menu somethingburger. The marketing always makes it look like more than it is.

Oh, I agree and it's good to let people know the symptoms just in case an elderly man or woman with previous health issues or a failing immune system needs to be rushed to the hospital....
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
...if being infected by covid19 was getting pregnant... wearing a mask would be equivalent to the pull-out method...
where one usually doesn't... wear anything!

Ha, ha, ha! Bravo!

This splendidly spicy (albeit contradictory) metaphor of yours reminds me of an excellent (if somewhat overly sophisticated) italian sonnet:

che il crin s' e un Tago e son due soli i lumi
prodigio tal non rimirò natura:
bagnar coi soli e rasciugar coi fiumi

Which roughly translates as:

with hair like the river Tagus and eyes like two suns
nature never before saw such a miracle
to wet with suns and dry with rivers

And even moreso, seeing that you also cared to mention the Ecclesiastes while not being enthusiastically Christian, since it happens so, that the sonnet refers to the repentant Magdalene at the feet of Jesus Christ, where she humbly yet gracefully proceeds to wet the Lord's feet with her tears (from her eyes that look like suns), only to dry them later with her flowing long hair (that look like rivers)...

Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
I heard it turns 0.3% of afflicted into zombies.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Can confirm. I heard the rumor too through the grapevine...
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
Last edited by Nizhidrhamannit on Mar 1, 2020, 6:16:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info