Wuhan China Coronavirus.

"
aggromagnet wrote:
True love, or something.

True words, or something ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Are you guys going to travel somewhere in the spring/summer or are you going to stay barricaded in your homes?
Will travel. Since my chances of dying from this are quite small, unless it spreads to truly catastrophic levels and starts mutating. I won't be discouraged by it.

I get some people panicking and hoarding supplies as if ww3 broke out,others not worrying at all,both extremes are bad.

For now, dying from slipping on something in my kitchen,or dying in a car accident on my way to the airport,or dying in an airplane crash,or dying from a bomb attack in the airport,is higher than me dying from coronavirus.

We shall see what the future holds, like I mentioned,unless this thing starts spreading even more rapidly and starts mutating, my travel plans remain pretty much the same.

"
Nosferat wrote:
Will travel.

For now, dying from slipping on something in my kitchen,or dying in a car accident on my way to the airport,or dying in an airplane crash,or dying from a bomb attack in the airport,is higher than me dying from coronavirus.

Why are ppl so bad at basic math, ppl are comparing total deaths of different causes using the entire population of earth to something that only so far affects 85k ppl, that is not how math works.
This comparison would only work if the virus died out today and these were the final numbers, and even than it would be bad sinds you need to look at your chances of dying if and when you would actually catch it.
[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Everyone should really start organizing themselves, it’s not so much about the virus but more about the disruption it will have in our every day lives.

Majority of products including medicines are from China. Everything from toilet paper to basic essentials will be in low supply. As people give in to fear and panic, the purchasing of items will be in greater quantities. I lived through countless hurricanes; with some not being as strong. Though I was prepared, weeks in advance. Irregardless of the strength...

Masks WILL NOT protect from catching any virus. Mostly meant for spills and to keep bodily fluids away from the face. The best prevention is to stay home and stay away from the public. In addition to washing your hands and stop touching your face. It’s best to avoid hospitals unless it’s an emergency. There’s no vaccine, it takes an average of 26 months to develop one. Its a long process...

I was reading through many of the comments here and I just wanted to clear up a few questions and conspiracies.

1. Will a respiratory mask help?

No, the CDC put out guidelines however if you read the fine print clearly states does not protect against anything under 3.5 microns. Viruses, corona being the biggest are about 1 micron. Its a false sense of security, however something is better than nothing. Read more by typing NIOSH CDC guide lines in your search engine.

2. What medicines should I stock up on?

Primarily fever reducing and decongestion medicines. However be forewarned Covid-19 is a new virus the chances of your lungs filling with fluids is high. Requires a hospitals ventilator and strong medicine. The elderly, children and immune compromised individuals should seek hospital care immediately. Do not wait or chance it; just go.

***In addition ask your doctor to refill your prescriptions. Example insulin etc... ask for a longer than usual supply.***

3. What essentials should I stock up for?

Food, make believe you won’t have light/power for approximately 25 weeks. I’m saying 25 weeks worth of items because history dictates a virus outbreak from its initial discovery to its control. The Spanish Flu is a perfect example...
Canned foods.non perishables

4. Will I miss work or will school be closed?

Yes there is a high possibility that you may miss work and schools will be closed. So speak with your employer and develop an action plan.

5. Is this virus worse than SARS?

This virus is like any other flu, with the exception of how quickly it spreads, in addition to its uncertainty. The elderly population in China is immense, hence why there are so many deaths. China is a densely populated country, why the virus spreads so quickly. The common age of deaths from the corona virus are ages 60-80+ With many dying from having a previous ailment.

Questions, comments feel free to ask. Most importantly, it doesn’t hurt to prepare.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 29, 2020, 5:00:26 AM
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
Will travel.

Why are ppl so bad at basic math, ppl are comparing total deaths of different causes using the entire population of earth to something that only so far affects 85k ppl, that is not how math works.
This comparison would only work if the virus died out today and these were the final numbers, and even than it would be bad sinds you need to look at your chances of dying if and when you would actually catch it.

Ahh you again? Find another topic to troll in, you already have pages upon pages of contradictory drivel in this topic.
"
Nosferat wrote:
"
jackof8lades wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
Will travel.

Ahh you again? Find another topic to troll in, you already have pages upon pages of contradictory drivel in this topic.

What troll? Quotes pls, also you have not disproven anything i said just pathetic personal attacks, but lets face it that's all you ppl ever have.

[Removed by Support]

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Feb 29, 2020, 5:30:21 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
Everyone should really start organizing themselves, it’s not so much about the virus but more about the disruption it will have in our every day lives.

Majority of products including medicines are from China. Everything from toilet paper to basic essentials will be in low supply. As people give in to fear and panic, the purchasing of items will be in greater quantities. I lived through countless hurricanes; with some not being as strong. Though I was prepared, weeks in advance. Irregardless of the strength...

The most important part of this post, in bold.

There have been far-reaching changes in bulk shipping to and from China which not only have driven up the cost of what transport remains available, but which will be impossible to reverse for months to come, even when the Coronavirus finally fades from public awareness. Millions of tons of container shipping capacity have been canceled, which means no more cheap Chinese trinkets. Priority will be given to more valuable and higher priority cargoes, such as may even see production in a China under lock-down.

If you know you're gonna buy it and use it (toilet paper, for example) best to get some extra now, even if you don't expect Viral Armageddon to strike where you live, because it may not be coming from China while this is going on. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Solwitch's post is a little bit alarmist.

Masks help. They're not perfect, because there is no cheap measure with 100% effectiveness, but it helps. If being infected by covid19 was getting pregnant, condoms would be prohibitively expensive, wearing a mask would be equivalent to the pull-out method, and not wearing a mask would be like, well, you can follow the analogy from here. Masks are cheap, be smart and get some.

25 weeks of food is some serious InfoWars level prepper shit. If you're rural that might not hurt anything, but in an urban area you're going to have much bigger problems than hunger if people in your neighborhood can't buy food for more than a month. I'd suggest a week of food stocked, but it's scary planning past that for urban environments.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Looks like the situation in Italy is improving. No other European country caught it with the same force, so things there are looking good.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Mar 1, 2020, 1:54:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info