Wuhan China Coronavirus.

If the numbers are to be believed, then currently it has a lethality of about 2%. Since people like to look at other pandemics for comparison, the spanish flu had a lethality of 10% to 20% (the data is kinda murky on that one). So this virus is not only less lethal, we are also better prepared for it.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
elesham4ever wrote:
hope the experts (and myself) are wrong. but just read those quotes from the OP. people who study this stuff all their lives saying "epidemic" and "not prepared" heh ehhhhhh i duno.
There are two separate factors here: infectivity and severity. Wuhan coronavirus is extraordinarily contagious, and in that regard China has indeed been hideously underprepared. However, it is only moderately severe, strong enough to cull the weak (which, combined with its phenomenal infectivity, will cause many deaths), but generally not strong enough to take out healthy people, even without the assistance of pharmaceutical treatments. This isn't anywhere near as severe as Ebola, even if it is much more contagious.

It is possible for a defender prepared for one thing and unprepared for another, but to achieve maximum effectiveness the defender needs to be unprepared for both. That's the difference between a wound and a kill shot.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
elesham4ever wrote:
hope the experts (and myself) are wrong. but just read those quotes from the OP. people who study this stuff all their lives saying "epidemic" and "not prepared" heh ehhhhhh i duno.

look at history, experts are almost always wrong in their predictions for stuff like this and other things.
again, historically in my lifetime alone there has been much fear mongering about EPIDEMICS and PANDEMICS and blah blah blah.

yet every single year correctly prescribed medication kills more people per year in north america alone than all of these "scares" over the past however many years.
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 11:55:30 PM
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 11:55:34 PM
"
elesham4ever wrote:
well you know the story of the boy who cried wolf right?

well apparently that doesn't apply when you tack on the label "SCIENCE", because here we are in 2020 still believing all their wolf cries. over and over
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 11:55:39 PM
There is a Chinese institute right in front of my door, not even kidding. I see Chinese people every day walking in and out.

Have fun guys, you are probably not as terrified as I am when I go out.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
There is a Chinese institute right in front of my door, not even kidding. I see Chinese people every day walking in and out.

Have fun guys, you are probably not as terrified as I am when I go out.

Dont live in fear - its wasting time.
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 11:55:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info