[3.10] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian | 2.5 Minute Sirus 8 | Deathless T19 100% Delirium

"
Mecielle wrote:

Yea, not sure why pure-phys is more popular either.

So you are saying its worth trying out? Because I am close to leveling to 95, and have an Awakener ready to go after that. Not having the problem of having to hit him with Ball Lightnings might be a big help, as would the additional ES from Discipline too :D

My early take on it is, I think it is most likely stronger overall outside of maybe deep delving.

a) Your DPS window especially for single target is most likely much bigger with 11 skeletons up vs 40 stacks of virulence sustained. Now Herald of Agony is ranged so it can do more damage more consistently, for the Awakener fight Skeleton is without a doubt far superior.

b) The spectre tanks we have, and the enormous durability of mana guardian takes care of typical weaknesses of skeletonmancer builds.

It is definitely a fresh change of pace. After playing Herald of Agony version for so long, it is amazing to be able to try something different with minimal investment. I say go for it and you may or may not come back to the Herald of Agony version :)
"
hitmantb wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Yea, not sure why pure-phys is more popular either.

So you are saying its worth trying out? Because I am close to leveling to 95, and have an Awakener ready to go after that. Not having the problem of having to hit him with Ball Lightnings might be a big help, as would the additional ES from Discipline too :D

My early take on it is, I think it is most likely stronger overall outside of maybe deep delving.

a) Your DPS window especially for single target is most likely much bigger with 11 skeletons up vs 40 stacks of virulence sustained. Now Herald of Agony is ranged so it can do more damage more consistently, for the Awakener fight Skeleton is without a doubt far superior.

b) The spectre tanks we have, and the enormous durability of mana guardian takes care of typical weaknesses of skeletonmancer builds.

It is definitely a fresh change of pace. After playing Herald of Agony version for so long, it is amazing to be able to try something different with minimal investment. I say go for it and you may or may not come back to the Herald of Agony version :)

Alright, will do that. I mean, it opens so much more than just the skill. We get another huge boost to ES from running Discipline instead of HoAg, which is very nice as most people in league don't have the Watchers Eye. And we open up a ring slot. I guess just another rare for that, but that can be another big boost.

BTW, keep in mind, that if you guys do use Multistrike, it does not support Vaal Skills! So if you use Vaal Summon Skelletons, you will have a 6-link Summon Skelletons, but when you proc the Vaal skill, it will only be a 5-link. Still worth it imo though. The Vaal is only for a bit of a boost for some bosses that spawn enough adds anyway.

EDIT: Also, Flesh offering should again be the better choice now if my POB is correct. It gives the Skellies more damage, and because they are melee, they can really use that movement speed.

Anybody got a better idea to proc EE than Storm Brand in the trigger wand?
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 20, 2019, 9:04:01 PM
Instead of editing my last post, I wanted to make a new comment for this.

Deathless Awakener on awakening level 6 in Metamorph, confirmed. And I was only wearing one ring because I didn't get one to change from my CoN, so missed out on 1500 ES.
And I wasn't even close to dying even once.

The damage from the Skellies is nothing to write home about. But different from HoAg, their damage is constant. Where it is insanely hard to even spawn the Crawler during his last phase, because you have to time your Ball Lightning just right to hit him while he isn't invulnerable, the Skelletons will just slowly but surely beat him down.

That said, I won't be using Skellies for mapping. I don't know, you guys say its fine, but I did a few 8-modded T16s to farm Sulphite and they take like 4 times longer. They just die faster than I can summon them. And don't even try doing a T16 Metamorph with Skellies, he kills all 11 Skellies in one hit, every 0.5 seconds. After trying for 2 minutes and the Metamorph still having 95% life, I went and got my HoAg setup back on who killed him in 5 seconds.

So my plan is: HoAg for everything except Sirus. Just gotta keep both setups around, meaning two Skin of the Loyal and all the gems

But this is great! We found a solution to the one big problem this build had after the patch.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 20, 2019, 9:58:52 PM
Thanks for this awesome build!
Ihad a few questions about the following tho...

1. My specters are dying pretty much every other map despite being linked to 21/20 meat shield and elemental army

2. You mentioned in guide that we go for time of need, the regen is awesome, but that leaves us super weak to chain stuns and stun lock from bosses, and since we need to have Soul of Lunaris for chain protection, we dont use brine king, is there a was to resole this issue?

3. I'm not sure if it is just this patch buffing monster life to crazy numbers, or just HOA doesnt have the dps. I'm am running the luxury version of ur build (minus the skitterbot) but it feels like I do no damage at all against some bosses this league. My friend mentioned that HoA's breaking point is lvl 31 and with ur current setup we would need a vaaled +3 skin of the loyal to reach that number, or a +2 with cold point dagger, or dual wield cold point. How important is the shield and can we drop it?

My Gear 3.9 Meta
Spoiler

If you have any good solutions for these issues please let me know! Thank you!
IGN: Dercaz pst away!!!
"
Hakyu wrote:

1. My specters are dying pretty much every other map despite being linked to 21/20 meat shield and elemental army

2. You mentioned in guide that we go for time of need, the regen is awesome, but that leaves us super weak to chain stuns and stun lock from bosses, and since we need to have Soul of Lunaris for chain protection, we dont use brine king, is there a was to resole this issue?

3. I'm not sure if it is just this patch buffing monster life to crazy numbers, or just HOA doesnt have the dps. I'm am running the luxury version of ur build (minus the skitterbot) but it feels like I do no damage at all against some bosses this league. My friend mentioned that HoA's breaking point is lvl 31 and with ur current setup we would need a vaaled +3 skin of the loyal to reach that number, or a +2 with cold point dagger, or dual wield cold point. How important is the shield and can we drop it?

My Gear 3.9 Meta
Spoiler

1) Which Spectre are you using? The chieftains are not great for this build as we didn't invest enough in their durability. If you are using either the towering figment or stoneskin frayer it is kind of hard for them to die. You can change elemental army to meat shield (I find the taunt to be invaluable against harder contents)

2) With meat shield on tank spectres I really don't get chain stunned. So I am running Soul of Lunaris. If you really get chain stunned, yes you can try Brine King. We are durable enough that until you are in deep delve chain damage is not likely to kill you either way.

3) You have 1.7 million shaper damage. If you want more mapping speed you can change projectile weakness to poacher's mark which makes a big difference with near permanent frenzied crawler. For single target boss damage, they buffed bosses a lot this league so all builds are kind of struggling. I think if you take one of your standard characters and play against the same boss it will give you a better idea on how much damage you are really doing.

Check out the skeleton variant on main post if you want a more dedicated boss killer. You don't have +2 skin of loyale yet so it is pretty cheap to try, no respec needed either . . .
I tried out the skeleton variation, but the damage felt way lower on bosses. I think because the skeletons keep dying, and I have to resummon. Clearing felt a lot slower than the HoA just shooting the entire screen too.
"
Hakyu wrote:

My Gear 3.9 Meta
Spoiler

Huh, not sure how your damage is so low. I have run hundreds of T15-16 maps, done all the Guardians, both Shaper and Elder. I never thought my damage is low. I mean, 2.2m+ Shaper DPS is insane for a defensive monster like this build. Normal T16 bosses die in seconds, Metamorphs are a joke.

In those mentioned hundreds of maps I also never felt like the missing stun immunity is a problem. But if it for some reason is one for you, the easiest way is to use Kiaras Determination. Just sucks to lose a flask slot.

Maybe you don't have a comparison to a different build doing the newly buffed endgame? Believe me, its the game, not the build. I played another build before this and it struggled a lot more.

That reminds me, I played one build to 90 and now this one to 95.5 and havent had a single goddamn Exalt drop!
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 21, 2019, 1:42:52 AM
I'm using the frenzy monkeys for now, trying to get into delve to get the tankier mobs.

I will try and see if the statues mobs are better, and will change my curse.

Would the awakened added chaos be better for our links instead of maim? it give +1 to gems and a huge amount of flat chaos, what are your thoughts on this gem?
IGN: Dercaz pst away!!!
Hello can someone explain how to level this build? If I try to use Herald of Agony, it doesn't work? I have to use a mele skill but then it disapears so fast its kinda pointless..? do I level as something else? likke what?
"
Stormzerker wrote:
Hello can someone explain how to level this build? If I try to use Herald of Agony, it doesn't work? I have to use a mele skill but then it disapears so fast its kinda pointless..? do I level as something else? likke what?

Use rain of arrows with quill rain or ball lightning. Use with lesser poison / poison to maintain the stacks, the tooltip is pretty explanatory on how virulence itself works. You can use either zombies to help out with a bit of a weaker start to levelling or just keep going with poison and hoag cause it's more than enough. You just need a way to readily apply large amounts of 'hits' is all.

Picked up an amazing CoN for only 4ex and hit my enlighten corruption today so pretty damn good day, can use hatred/skitterbots/hoag/clarity now which feels really nice. Also did my first Aul of the league soon after hitting 300 depth and got the $$ amulet so ayy bless this build I love it. Now I'll just need like a third of a fucking mirror for the watcher's eye for my luxury upgrade later but first my empower 4 and bits and pieces ofc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info