[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Awesome, I did the same thing. I'll be looking forward to your Blade Trap write up =)
Hmm, I see that AUTHOR of the build have some nice chitty chatty conversation with some RANDOM who claim he is 150 mirror farmer at day 1 with his 18kkkkk dps builds and empty chars. I mean, I had like idk, 10 challanges past league and I'm sitting at 15000 hours atm~ lol just coz i burned out a bit, still, the random guy had no point at all and trashtalking, so:

EVERYONE WHO READ MECIELLE POSTS JUST IGNORE HIM, TALKIN BULLSHIT SINCE PAGE 183.

Back to point: Readong author's post's now I'm sure that this build will kick-in as a league starter to get some basic currency for a casual / fresh / low experience player quite fast on. I feel like I myself will struggle a lot coz last time I played traps was when ice trap were fully chaos convertable back in the days when Dried Lake Mercilles farm was a thing.

Anyway, hope that author will do some update for 3.15 even if he quits playing the build as a league starter. Anyway. speaking of author - I just wonder... You said - if im correct - that You will play some powerhouse to get money, and then roll into this build, right? Doesnt that mean this build is quite shit starter then? It's just my weird perspective, but, ye, Im just wondering.
"
I just wonder... You said - if im correct - that You will play some powerhouse to get money, and then roll into this build, right? Doesnt that mean this build is quite shit starter then? It's just my weird perspective, but, ye, Im just wondering.

Not the author of the build ;-) No, it´s not a shit starter at all, and especially not since a lot of stuff got nerfed and Traps are fairly unharmed compared to other builds.

I started this build in Ultimatum Season, and - as many would agree - the very first days of a league are where you can make fast money if you are able to break through into high red tier maps. To be able to clear that content fast and comfortable this build needs, BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE:

- Six-Link Shavs
- Helmet enchant on ideally a crown of the inward eye
- Decent wand with probably +1
- Trap Throwing speed, eigher on the Belt or the gloves

I personally felt the damage was not sufficient without those upgrades, and all of those - while surely possible - are expensive in a league-start scenario. A 6-link shavs is about 7-10ex, wands with further stats can cost 1-2ex+, belt and gloves weren´t on the market last season so you had to produce a decent piece yourself, and crown of the inward eye is dependant on the fact that people got sirus down already.

None of those items are mandatory though - as Ostergreen showed, you can clear the game on a 5-link. But, and that is my point, you won´t be that effective and fast as with other builds.

So ultimately it comes down to your own ambitions:
If you want a solid starter that scales very well into endgame, and possibly a char you can start the league while also investing on it til you end the league, then this is definately the build to go for you.
If you on the other hand are hitting racing-times while leveling, want to farm mirrors and want to use the first weekend to get you ahead, then I would suggest builds can work on a smaller budget.
Last edited by Vennto on Jul 22, 2021, 5:55:55 AM
Gotcha, ye, thanks. :D
Hello. please dont feel bothered, but i doesnt found the 3.15 POB.
I used the POB from 3.14 it is similar to the upcoming Season?
"
Magnamuss wrote:
Hello. please dont feel bothered, but i doesnt found the 3.15 POB.
I used the POB from 3.14 it is similar to the upcoming Season?

yes it is, just use some other gem instead of controlled destruction.
"
Hmm, I see that AUTHOR of the build have some nice chitty chatty conversation with some RANDOM who claim he is 150 mirror farmer at day 1 with his 18kkkkk dps builds and empty chars. I mean, I had like idk, 10 challanges past league and I'm sitting at 15000 hours atm~ lol just coz i burned out a bit, still, the random guy had no point at all and trashtalking, so:

EVERYONE WHO READ MECIELLE POSTS JUST IGNORE HIM, TALKIN BULLSHIT SINCE PAGE 183.

Back to point: Readong author's post's now I'm sure that this build will kick-in as a league starter to get some basic currency for a casual / fresh / low experience player quite fast on. I feel like I myself will struggle a lot coz last time I played traps was when ice trap were fully chaos convertable back in the days when Dried Lake Mercilles farm was a thing.

Anyway, hope that author will do some update for 3.15 even if he quits playing the build as a league starter. Anyway. speaking of author - I just wonder... You said - if im correct - that You will play some powerhouse to get money, and then roll into this build, right? Doesnt that mean this build is quite shit starter then? It's just my weird perspective, but, ye, Im just wondering.

+1 on this
what an obnoxious comment, i play since 2015 bla bla bla
report and ignore
looking forward to reading all other constructive comments ! (also planning to start with traps ^^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
This has been one of the best sleeper builds for several leagues.

Glad to see it's finally getting the attention it deserves!
Hey oestergreen can we count on you and your streams in 3.15? :D

"
rdhao wrote:
"
ykibrahi wrote:
Been messing around in PoB with the updated 3.15 gem values, and it looks like we don't actually lose too much!

Pre 3.15 average hit was ~2m

Post 3.15, I swapped out controlled destruction for lightning pen and snipers mark for assassins mark and ended up at 1.8m

Mana cost stayed the same @28(expected it to go up so not sure if I messed something up there...), but regardless there was over 200 mana unreserved so doesn't seem like that will be an issue.

Lightning spire trap could be a solid option and probably warrants a look. I think it might be worth considering dropping the CWDT+Immortal call setup (if the mana cost is too much) and just going with Steelskin on left click instead.

Overall I think this is going to be a very powerful build for 3.15, looking forward to trying it out!

Hmmm interesting i was wondering about the support gems now.

Do u feel/Does PoB indicate lightning pen is the best option now or is that a personal preference?
Havent had time to mess around with the PoB so ur input is valuable to me=p.

And about the lightning spire: with the buff i have been thinking to find a way to slot it in for sure myself. Especially the cast speed > trap throwing speed buff is HUGE imo.
The problem with ur suggestion is that playing on HC i do not feel like dropping CWDT IC is very safe. But then again its the only thing you can realistically drop unless you want to drop beartrap (which doesnt seem wise unless lightning a spire 4l can cover the 25% dmg loss on ur 6link).

And who knows maybe CWDT IC is too mana heavy now. hmmm

Edit: Also the shock and ignite immunity is intact for Sabo's huh? didnt expect that

I tried a couple different options out (awakened added lightning, incr crit damage, etc.), the best gem set up seemed to be

LT > cluster traps > awak ele focus > inspiration > trap and min dmg > awak lightning pen

I'm not a PoB expert by any means though so could be a better set up out there.

I should mention, PoB was updated when I tested and had all the updated 3.15 mana cost multipliers.

Agree with you about the IC setup, especially for hardcore. My concern is really just the mana cost, by my math it'll cost ~80 mana (w/inc duration)... seems hefty but with 200+ mana unreserved it might be okay? Although with all the trigger skills also costing mana too things could get dicey... But plenty of options to resolve I think, just gonna take some actual in game testing to find out what feels best.

****EDIT****: Just realized I forgot to turn off bottled faith when I was testing... swapped it with just a regular sulphur flask and dmg went from 1.8m > 1.4
Last edited by ykibrahi on Jul 22, 2021, 12:04:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info