[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
Ice-Trap is stronger on a smaller budget. Therefore, the better league-starter.

What? In what scenario is Ice Trap better than Lightning Trap? Talking 100c budget, which is more than realistic in two days, I just don't see it. You don't need big single target at that time so any advantage Ice Trap has is irrelevant.

You ask in what scenario Ice Trap is better while also pointing to that scenario yourself. And why is single target not relevant, when bossing is most lucrative early in the league?
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
Ice-Trap is stronger on a smaller budget. Therefore, the better league-starter.

What? In what scenario is Ice Trap better than Lightning Trap? Talking 100c budget, which is more than realistic in two days, I just don't see it. You don't need big single target at that time so any advantage Ice Trap has is irrelevant.

You ask in what scenario Ice Trap is better while also pointing to that scenario yourself. And why is single target not relevant, when bossing is most lucrative early in the league?

Are you a time traveler from 5 years ago? Because bossing has been shit tier profit for like 4 years now. The way to make easy 50ex in the first 2 days is by being one of the first people to get to T15+ and then sell maps. A T16 sells for half an exalt in the first ~14 hours. Lightning Trap with its clear speed easily enables that since everything else has been nerfed to death.

But whatever, we were talking budget stuff. There is no Single Target needed until you go for T14+. So no need for Ice Trap instead of Lightning Trap. Especially since Lightning Spire was buffed too. Having that as a 4-link combined with the normal Lightning Trap is simply straight up better than going for Ice Trap.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 21, 2021, 8:48:21 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
TehKevMaster wrote:
Was looking forward to starting with this build. I think me and a buddy are going to play SSF this league, it should still be pretty easy correct?

Obviously I'd have to farm Slavedriver's Hands if I wanted them which would such but shouldn't be too difficult with the Alva passives. Going LL is again a different story, not impossible but pretty annoying.

Any of the Incursion Vials are extremely rare, so the gloves are probably not a very realistic goal. Luckily for you, rare gloves outclass them anyways, so no need to farm it.

Going LL on the other hand is much easier than getting the gloves since the div card can be target farmed. Also, the build will be perfectly fine for most content while going CI before you get the Shavs.

Sweet, thank you. I knew the vials were rare, I just didn't know they were that rare. Kind of sad things that aren't crazy good are super rare. I want to do a boneshatter jug with tidebreaker but it's like t1 - t0 in terms of rarity.

I appreciate the advice. Good luck in the new league, I'm super excited for it.
Last edited by TehKevMaster on Jul 21, 2021, 8:33:28 PM
"
Are you a time traveler from 5 years ago? Because bossing has been shit tier profit for like 4 years now. The way to make easy 50ex in the first 2 days is by being one of the first people to get to T14+ and then sell maps. A T16 sells for half an exalt in the first ~15 hours. Lightning Trap with its clear speed easily enables that since everything else has been nerfed to death.

But whatever, we were talking budget stuff. There is no Single Target needed until you go for T14+. So no need for Ice Trap instead of Lightning Trap. Especially since Lightning Spire was buffed too. Having that as a 4-link combined with the normal Lightning Trap is simply straight up better than going for Ice Trap.

Yeah, the conversation is over at this point.
You can keep your snarky comments to yourself - I was literally Number 1 DPS of that build for the better half of that league and many weeks after I dropped it, so I am pretty sure to know exactly what this build can and what it cant.

And while you call me a time traveller I feel you are stuck in some weird loop, because with the Feared and the other Maven Invitations available for loot and carry-services I think it´s hilarious that you call bossing "shit tier profit". People farm mirrors with it in just a few hours.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Are you a time traveler from 5 years ago? Because bossing has been shit tier profit for like 4 years now. The way to make easy 50ex in the first 2 days is by being one of the first people to get to T14+ and then sell maps. A T16 sells for half an exalt in the first ~15 hours. Lightning Trap with its clear speed easily enables that since everything else has been nerfed to death.

Yeah, the conversation is over at this point.
You can keep your snarky comments to yourself - I was literally Number 1 DPS of that build for the better half of that league and many weeks after I dropped it, so I am pretty sure to know exactly what this build can and what it cant.

And while you call me a time traveller I feel you are stuck in some weird loop, because with the Feared and the other Maven Invitations available for loot and carry-services I think it´s hilarious that you call bossing "shit tier profit". People farm mirrors with it in just a few hours.

Of course, but we are talking league start here. Why do you bring in feared rotas? You chimed in on a discussion about starting the league and the days after that. And your counter argument is that "The Feared" rotas are good profit and that you had the highest DPS with min-maxxed gear?

Well, I had an acc stacker worth 3 mirrors last league that carried 6-man Feared rotas in 5 seconds because I had 650m DPS. That has as much relevance to the discussion of Ice Trap vs Lightning Trap for starting out as you claiming to be the #1 DPS trapper last league.

There are no Feared rotas in the first 2 days. It is all about individual progression through the white and yellow maps and then farm and sell red maps. And for that I feel the clear speed of Lightning Trap far outweighs the single target benefit of Ice Trap.

But as I said in my first reply to the question, Ice Trap is a VERY solid choice. Bit slower, but chill and freeze are great benefits especially while starting out the league and if you jsut want a chill leveling experience and are not going for the fast profit.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 21, 2021, 10:23:54 PM
You can "feel" or "believe" whatever you want. I made my point, I clearly stated this char does not have the damage as a league-starter for very fast progression, because that is how I felt about it starting it last league, even BEFORE the nerf-nodes. If people rather believe you, that will be their or possibly your problem, I honestly couldn´t care less and, as I said, you´ve lost all credibility to me with your offensive comment which had no reason.

Why don´t you put your money where your mouth is, start this build and we will see who progressed faster after 15 hours.
"
Vennto wrote:
You can "feel" or "believe" whatever you want. I made my point, I clearly stated this char does not have the damage as a league-starter for very fast progression, because that is how I felt about it starting it last league, even BEFORE the nerf-nodes. If people rather believe you, that will be their or possibly your problem, I honestly couldn´t care less and, as I said, you´ve lost all credibility to me with your offensive comment which had no reason.

Why don´t you put your money where your mouth is, start this build and we will see who progressed faster after 15 hours.

Offensive comment? Also, from what I have read, you didn't start with this build last league and also don't plan to start it this league since you claim to have some super secret power build :D

It also very weird if someone that started playing in 2020 tries to claim that he has more experience
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 21, 2021, 9:15:07 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:

Offensive comment? Also, from what I have read, you didn't start this last league and also don't plan to start it this league since you claim to have some super secret power build :D

I did in fact started it last league, dropped it after I felt - like I´ve mentioned several times now - the damage is not on par with other choices, and returned to the build with roughly 50-60ex budget. That´s where the build actually started to feel good for the first time.

And of course I will not start this build again as the first char of the league after my experience. I will start it again when I have the needed currency to get it going, without having to go through the ordeal of discovering that it does not have the power early on that I hoped it would have. That´s where you come in and can prove how fast you progress with this build, vs. other, in my opinion more potent options ;)

"
It also very weird if someone that started playing in 2020 tries to claim that he has more experience

You´re going that route now? Wow, thats cute. Shall I mention your completely empty chars so your claim of having a char of 7 mirrors (or 5 mirrors, after you corrected yourself - funny that you don´t even remember...) has no proof behind it? Or shall I focus on the fact that you aren´t even able to reach 36 challenges?
I didn´t do that as those do not speak to anything. So does not the time when I started playing the game, but I guess I shouldn´t be surprised with such a cheap shot.

edit: To anyone outside of that discussion: This is in fact a viable league starter, you just cant expect to rush to t16´s, elders, shapers and invitations as fast as other builds do, thats why I prefer other builds to ramp up my currency first.
Last edited by Vennto on Jul 21, 2021, 9:19:25 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:

Offensive comment? Also, from what I have read, you didn't start this last league and also don't plan to start it this league since you claim to have some super secret power build :D

I did in fact started it last league, dropped it after I felt - like I´ve mentioned several times now - the damage is not on par with other choices, and returned to the build with roughly 50-60ex budget. That´s where the build actually started to feel good for the first time.

And of course I will not start this build again as the first char of the league after my experience. I will start it again when I have the needed currency to get it going, without having to go through the ordeal of discovering that it does not have the power early on that I hoped it would have. That´s where you come in and can prove how fast you progress with this build, vs. other, in my opinion more potent options ;)

Ok.

Where is the offensive comment tho. That is a very serious accusation after all which usually gains a temporary ban from the forums. And you repeated it twice without even a quote.

I guess for you, who is pretty new to the game having only started playing in 2020 it might not matter much, but for me it definitely does. So please clarify with which comment I offended you personally.

Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 22, 2021, 12:55:49 AM
I cruised through all the content last league, can't wait to see this boy shining in 3.15. Awesome build, thank you man!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info