[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Looking for Blade-trap build - am I in the right place?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Can this build do the formed and shaper on a budget ?

Define Budget.

"
Looking for Blade-trap build - am I in the right place?

Nope. There aren´t any Blade Trap Builds out there yet. I am working on one actually, but I start farming currency first, so don´t expect a build-guide for the next 2 weeks. After that I am planning to drop a huge compendium on Blade Trap with all possible scaling options. I have different archetypes listed further above.
Btw is this build any respecable into seismic trap?
"
Btw is this build any respecable into seismic trap?

I guess the trees are relatively similar, so, yes probably? Don't know why anybody would do it but sure.
Anyone have an opinion on Lightning vs Ice Traps? Also can Ice Traps be played as ES/LL similar to this build - I would imagine so. I'm torn between the two because I'm thinking Ice Trap will have great defense/utility because of the Chill/Freeze, but Lightning and this build in particular does look like fun.
"
Anyone have an opinion on Lightning vs Ice Traps? Also can Ice Traps be played as ES/LL similar to this build - I would imagine so. I'm torn between the two because I'm thinking Ice Trap will have great defense/utility because of the Chill/Freeze, but Lightning and this build in particular does look like fun.

Ice Trap is an absolutely viable build (there is a nice, relatively up-to-date video by ItsYoji about IceTraps and traps in general). It loses clear speed compared to Lightning Traps but as you said, it adds some defense. But to be honest, does this build really need more defense? It is already very tanky with CI or LL, has huge regen, huge recovery from shield, max block/spell block (or close to it), Blind and Fortify.

So except for HC I don't see a lot of benefit for going Ice Trap instead of Lightning Trap.

So if you are playing SC I would 100% go for Lightning Trap. Much better clear and more fun (thats of course subjective, but at least for me this is the case). To be honest, even for HC I would go Lightning Trap simply because the trade off isn't worth it imo. It's not like you go from glass cannon to tank. It is more like going from tank to slightly bigger and slower tank.

And yes, switching between both will be very easy with just a few regrets. At least tree-wise. Gear would be very different of course since you will want to scale cold dmg/lvls instead of lightning.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 21, 2021, 6:51:52 PM
Ice-Trap is stronger on a smaller budget. Therefore, the better league-starter.
Last edited by Vennto on Jul 21, 2021, 7:43:47 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
Ice-Trap is stronger on a smaller budget. Therefore, the better league-starter.

What? In what scenario is Ice Trap better than Lightning Trap? Talking 100c budget, which is more than realistic in two days, I just don't see it. You don't need big single target at that time so any advantage Ice Trap has is irrelevant.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 21, 2021, 8:09:10 PM
Was looking forward to starting with this build. I think me and a buddy are going to play SSF this league, it should still be pretty easy correct?

Obviously I'd have to farm Slavedriver's Hands if I wanted them which would such but shouldn't be too difficult with the Alva passives. Going LL is again a different story, not impossible but pretty annoying.
"
TehKevMaster wrote:
Was looking forward to starting with this build. I think me and a buddy are going to play SSF this league, it should still be pretty easy correct?

Obviously I'd have to farm Slavedriver's Hands if I wanted them which would such but shouldn't be too difficult with the Alva passives. Going LL is again a different story, not impossible but pretty annoying.

Any of the Incursion Vials are extremely rare, so the gloves are probably not a very realistic goal. Luckily for you, rare gloves outclass them anyways, so no need to farm it.

Going LL on the other hand is much easier than getting the gloves since the div card can be target farmed. Also, the build will be perfectly fine for most content while going CI before you get the Shavs.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 21, 2021, 8:17:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info