[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

good or bad thing if more people might be playing traps next league?
The patch nodes in short:

- Diamond Flask dead
- Bottled Faith lost the base crit
- Controlled Destruction dead
- Lightning Spire Trap Buff
- Lost Trap throwing speed on Trap and Mine damage
- Overall higher mana multipliers, need to make sure we can substain it

Those were in my understanding the most relevant changes.

The less crit chance from controlled destruction, combined with all the loss to our crit leads me to the conclusion that we should swap that gem out for something like crit strike multi or crit strike chance.

Aside from that, build should be fine, especially defensive-wise.
"
Vennto wrote:
The patch nodes in short:

- Diamond Flask dead
- Bottled Faith lost the base crit
- Controlled Destruction dead
- Lightning Spire Trap Buff
- Lost Trap throwing speed on Trap and Mine damage
- Overall higher mana multipliers, need to make sure we can substain it

Those were in my understanding the most relevant changes.

The less crit chance from controlled destruction, combined with all the loss to our crit leads me to the conclusion that we should swap that gem out for something like crit strike multi or crit strike chance.

Aside from that, build should be fine, especially defensive-wise.

Pretty much exactly this ^ :)

Overall everything else relating to us was more or less untouched, which I figured anyway since despite being really strong, there's (luckily) still not many trap builds/players in PoE. (I say more or less untouched, because obviously 3.15 is an over-arching nerf patch to bring down player power, so they've hammered so many different things in the game that I'm certain small things here and there also will be noticed by us, even if it doesn't ruin us or is targeted to this play style - like for example, they made it harder to craft jewelry by nerfing catalysts to not affect mod outcome, which will make our godtier endgame belt harder to craft etc -- also poor Aisling was murdered in the patch notes, where's the woke culture at!?! ;PP)

But again, those are changes that affect the entire game/all builds, just like the nerfs to all support gems this patch, but as far as I can tell from the notes and this first quick glance, we're good and still gonna be very strong and our defenses remain strong, only a small side-nerf to rumi's flask block (only the spellblock 4% nerf, since we overcapped attack block), no nerfs to shield block/es regen on block which combined with or our strong ascendancies is what carry our defense :)

and finally god help a lot of other builds out there that died this patch, R.I.P.

"
good or bad thing if more people might be playing traps next league?

Good thing because it makes trading items a lot easier. It depends on how you enjoy POE though... if you enjoy crafting&selling, then it's great having more people to bargain with, but if you just enjoy an off-meta under the radar sort of build and you don't want ppl to snatch up your ulab enchants and stuff like that, then ofc you just want as few ppl as possible ;P
Last edited by oestergreen on Jul 21, 2021, 3:25:02 AM
Hello guys, good to see you all here again. I wish you guys all the luck and I hope this league will be good, because looking at patch notes I feel a little worried about that :D.

If I'm not mistaken- saboteur is still shock and ignite immune? If yes then this is soo good.

What I don't like is change to how catalysts works with crafting now. I wasted 20ex to craft decent belt in ultimatum, and now it will be even harder yay.

About flasks- I like that they are trying to change something, but for now I feel like they went to far with it.

How do you guys feel about mana changes? Mana flask instead of Diamond :D?

I forgot about one thing- look how they massacred my girl ( poor aisling)
Last edited by Ankhain on Jul 21, 2021, 3:51:29 AM
"

I think I get where they are coming from. I feel like they want Mana to play a bigger part in the build design. Right now it really doesn't, you just make sure u can use your spells and that's it. They made this significantly harder, and now we really have to take into consideration how much mana we are able to generate to be able to substain spells. Luckily, this build did a good job on that even before.

If I take my char I was oversibstaining by a bit, and with the 10% less throwing speed we get now from trap and mine damage I think it could potentially equal out quite well.

Aside from that, yeah, the mana flask is indeed an option, especially early league. After they nerfed so many powerful flasks it does not seem like a big loss to miss out on one of the utility flasks.

I just hope (and honestly, still think) that traps won't be played as much. We knew all along traps are strong, that's nothing new. And they still are. I think people eigher like they playstyle or the, don't, so I honestly project a slight increase in players. We ended up on 1%, maybe it will be something like 3% sabo now which is still triple.

I will start with a secret powerhouse build and swap back to this later in the league when I got my initial currency :D
"
Vennto wrote:
"

I just hope (and honestly, still think) that traps won't be played as much. We knew all along traps are strong, that's nothing new. And they still are. I think people eigher like they playstyle or the, don't, so I honestly project a slight increase in players. We ended up on 1%, maybe it will be something like 3% sabo now which is still triple.

I will start with a secret powerhouse build and swap back to this later in the league when I got my initial currency :D

I'm also expecting more saboteur players but traps playstyle is so different and unique that a lot of players probably gonna try it and drop it for something else.

What's that secret build your are trying? Can you give us some clues what are you going to do? :D
Yes Sir, share Your secret powerfarm build with us, the recent followers and average trap build enjoyers!

Let me guess, some kind of ice crash totems or sunder totems xD
Lol if he tells you his secret build..

1. Won't be a secret anymore

2. Will make it harder for him to gear it if more people are playing it

In all honesty, starting with this build is perfectly fine. Besides, Vennto prefers to play this build going into it with a lot of currency, but not at all necessary for the rest of us casuals.
"
MrBiglesworth wrote:
Lol if he tells you his secret build..

1. Won't be a secret anymore

2. Will make it harder for him to gear it if more people are playing it

In all honesty, starting with this build is perfectly fine. Besides, Vennto prefers to play this build going into it with a lot of currency, but not at all necessary for the rest of us casuals.

Oh man. I was just asking for fun. I hope his project ends up great :)

Of course starting with this build is viable. I've league started with lightning trap in ultimatum and it was great. I struggled a little at the beginning because ot was.my first trap and first es build.
Last edited by Ankhain on Jul 21, 2021, 6:29:08 AM
Is the current POB still going to be viable as a HC league starter with all these changes?

So level, pick CI, stack ES etc before maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info