[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
TheLordofPie wrote:
Would you ever consider using a dagger so you can use Whirling Blades + fortify combo?

Maybe in HC I would do that, but for SC probably not - although there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it if you like whirling and want the extra fortify buff. :)

"
Kalandras wrote:
Hi, I love your build. It's one of the best I've ever played.

I have doubts:
1. I'm having problems with the maps with damage reflection, when I jump with flame dash I die and if I take it off too. What can I be doing wrong?

2. I don't know where to improve my character, any opinion?

You should get the ulab enchant on boots asap, either lightning or pen.
It's a considerable amount of damage for not much investment.
You also lack a lot of trap throwing speed (20% in belt, 20% in gloves and/or 8% in jewels etc).
Having throwing speed makes everything smooth and it enables your burst (doing 9 traps in 1 second > doing 1-2 traps). I'd also be using a 21 Ltrap over any lvl 20, regardless vaal or divergent.

Each player has different expectations when coming into a build and Vennto is just giving his opinion and helping out:) It can sound elitish when anyone says to pump X amount of EX into a build, but everyone just has a different ceiling for when they feel absolute god-mode has been enabled.

Personally, I'd say that considering you can easily clear t16 red maps/bosses in only a 5L shavs (i was doing it first 2 weeks, its probably still in the vods @twitch) and even take down the guardians and awakener deathless (in a 5L for 130c), it's definitely a strong league starter that can roll into godmode.

That said, there's break-points where you can just feel that extra power once you obtain certain high-end items (in the guide) later in a league, but I was comfortably clearing the endgame without corruptions or bottles of faith etc and for a lot of people, that's the only goal they have/want, so that's not a 100ex or even 50ex investment, it's literally just the base items and 6L shavs (I've added a video to the guide showing my first 1-2 weeks and killing first awakener and guardians in a 5L).

At some point the upgrades becomes more of a power-hunger than a power-need, though ppl have different ceilings for when they have that feeling.

I'm sitting at ludacris damage by the time the league is 3-4 weeks in, poe.ninja says X amount, but even then 2 weeks later it's doubled since then. So the ceiling is just whatever you want really, but the requirement is far lower than any of the posters here. And honestly that's why I love to play the same build repeatedly, as tiresome as it could sound. :)

Majority of my fun is league-starting in rags gear and finding new ideas along the way that helps me reach my own ceiling of "godmode" quicker in every league. Then adding or now even streaming those snippets of experience/new findings to the guide so that even more people get to reach their own goals and feel good about their experience.

Last edited by oestergreen on May 26, 2021, 6:35:05 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
TheLordofPie wrote:
Would you ever consider using a dagger so you can use Whirling Blades + fortify combo?

Maybe in HC I would do that, but for SC probably not - although there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it if you like whirling and want the extra fortify buff. :)

thank you for the speedy reply, very much looking forward to playing this build, keep up the great work :)
"
First of all thanks for answering and helping me. Don't be upset by the tone of my answer, but I didn't like the tone of yours ;-)

No thats totally fine, as you´re allowed to have your own opinion on it. Ostergreen is taking simply a different route than I am when it comes to helping, and I want to see people put in the effort. No offense here, but I don´t feel you put that in to search for upgrades, as for example the boot enchantment is mentioned like 50 times this league alone, pretty sure also in the guide etc. Aspect of the avian on the belt is also something that no one ever mentioned or asked you to have so that´s 2 things right out of the gate that can benefit the build hugely when you change them properly. And if you had taken your time to actually study the gear of the top dps-people on the ladder you would have spotted trap throwing speed on all of them at some point.

I personally am just hesitant to say the least helping people that do not try on their own, hence I also prefer answering specific questions rather than "please sir, check my build, I am too lazy to do so" ;-)

"

I actually like the idea, at least for league-start-scenarios when the added tankiness is needed. I´ll keep that in mind :)
Last edited by Vennto on May 26, 2021, 7:34:15 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:

You should get the ulab enchant on boots asap, either lightning or pen.
It's a considerable amount of damage for not much investment.
You also lack a lot of trap throwing speed (20% in belt, 20% in gloves and/or 8% in jewels etc).
Having throwing speed makes everything smooth and it enables your burst (doing 9 traps in 1 second > doing 1-2 traps). I'd also be using a 21 Ltrap over any lvl 20, regardless vaal or divergent.

Each player has different expectations when coming into a build and Vennto is just giving his opinion and helping out:) It can sound elitish when anyone says to pump X amount of EX into a build, but everyone just has a different ceiling for when they feel absolute god-mode has been enabled.

Personally, I'd say that considering you can easily clear t16 red maps/bosses in only a 5L shavs (i was doing it first 2 weeks, its probably still in the vods @twitch) and even take down the guardians and awakener deathless (in a 5L for 130c), it's definitely a strong league starter that can roll into godmode.

That said, there's break-points where you can just feel that extra power once you obtain certain high-end items (in the guide) later in a league, but I was comfortably clearing the endgame without corruptions or bottles of faith etc and for a lot of people, that's the only goal they have/want, so that's not a 100ex or even 50ex investment, it's literally just the base items and 6L shavs (I've added a video to the guide showing my first 1-2 weeks and killing first awakener and guardians in a 5L).

At some point the upgrades becomes more of a power-hunger than a power-need, though ppl have different ceilings for when they have that feeling.

I'm sitting at ludacris damage by the time the league is 3-4 weeks in, poe.ninja says X amount, but even then 2 weeks later it's doubled since then. So the ceiling is just whatever you want really, but the requirement is far lower than any of the posters here. And honestly that's why I love to play the same build repeatedly, as tiresome as it could sound. :)

Majority of my fun is league-starting in rags gear and finding new ideas along the way that helps me reach my own ceiling of "godmode" quicker in every league. Then adding or now even streaming those snippets of experience/new findings to the guide so that even more people get to reach their own goals and feel good about their experience.

Thanks for answering so quickly and so kindly.

Ok, some things I already had in mind (obvious things like the gem or the enchantment). The low casting speed is something I hadn't seen (thanks).

The build is very funny, I had already tried something similar. But yours is more balanced.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

"
Vennto wrote:

No thats totally fine, as you´re allowed to have your own opinion on it. Ostergreen is taking simply a different route than I am when it comes to helping, and I want to see people put in the effort. No offense here, but I don´t feel you put that in to search for upgrades, as for example the boot enchantment is mentioned like 50 times this league alone, pretty sure also in the guide etc. Aspect of the avian on the belt is also something that no one ever mentioned or asked you to have so that´s 2 things right out of the gate that can benefit the build hugely when you change them properly. And if you had taken your time to actually study the gear of the top dps-people on the ladder you would have spotted trap throwing speed on all of them at some point.

I personally am just hesitant to say the least helping people that do not try on their own, hence I also prefer answering specific questions rather than "please sir, check my build, I am too lazy to do so" ;-)

I don't doubt that you want to help... I recommend that if you are not polite and respectful it is better not to "help".

Also I don't think calling people lazy does any favors to the build of oestergreen.

But don't worry, I won't ask again in this post.

Thanks anyway for responding.;-)
Last edited by Kalandras on May 26, 2021, 9:36:54 AM
Throwing this up in the guide as well... still working on getting so so much video content rendered that i've recorded during the league:)

Can someone help me with suggestion.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Papazin/characters

What would be the most important/significant item to replace or refund some tree nodes for progressing in the league? I have 60+ chaos at the moment.

It seems that I can't do ultimatum anymore on t14+ maps :( dying quite often and level 93 is unreachable if i continue t14+ maps.
Could you take a look at my profile and let me know what you would suggest I upgrade? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jasondauth/characters

I find that I am getting one-shot a lot. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Last edited by jasondauth on May 26, 2021, 5:48:51 PM
"
papazin wrote:
Can someone help me with suggestion.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Papazin/characters

What would be the most important/significant item to replace or refund some tree nodes for progressing in the league? I have 60+ chaos at the moment.

It seems that I can't do ultimatum anymore on t14+ maps :( dying quite often and level 93 is unreachable if i continue t14+ maps.

Hey mate, generally you just need to work a bit on your ES gear as many items (rings, boots, gloves etc) are quite on the lower end of ES ---
But a really good tip that will keep you alive in the meantime is to replace sigil of power with siphoning trap. Then always toss siphoning trap every 4-5 seconds in Ultimatums, it should make you close to unkillable if you do it. :)

You can also get a Phantasmal siphoning trap, if you wanna spend a little extra, to get a little more es regen, but otherwise the normal siphoning trap should honestly be plenty.

Also, keep in mind there's a curse limit of 1, so right now your ring conductivity curse is overwriting your mark curse in the trigger setup, which will reduce your single target damage. Also our ulab enchant on boots is huge for damage.

Adding tempering catalysts x20 to your amulet will give you 200es more also.
Lastly, drop light eater point and use it in ES% (light eater doesn't work for us). Normally you'd also get all the ES% and all jewel sockets, before starting the cluster setup, but just keep that in mind for any future runs:)

Hope it helps, let me know how it goes with the siphoning trap:)
Swing by my stream one of these days and i'll take a look again at your character profile if you need it or you're welcome to watch some tips and trapper gameplay that might help you out.

"
jasondauth wrote:
Could you take a look at my profile and let me know what you would suggest I upgrade? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/jasondauth/characters

I find that I am getting one-shot a lot. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Hey Jason, the answer is almost identical to the one I just gave above, so check that out first:) Especially the ES parts and the siphoning trap tips.

Also lab enchant on boots is big for dps and good DPS is also partly how you're safe in ultimatums. Swing by my stream one of these days and i'll take a look again at your character profile if you need it or you're welcome to watch some tips and trapper gameplay that might help you out also:)

Goodluck mate

Thank you so much for support! Today will apply your suggestions!
whats the minimum es on a shield you would look for?
250? or is 300 needed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info