[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Hey!
I've spent some time and currency with this build. It was pretty cool, I've killed Sirius A8, Shaper + Maven, Elder + Maven, Twins quite smooth. In this point I want to thanks OP for the guide. Build is the best all-around build I've played - almost all mods, quite tanky and decent damage. It's not excelent with low investment (I am compariong it to e.g. Toxic Rain DE or Raider)
I was trying to craft decent weapon with fossils, essences, alts but I failed all the time. After wasting around 15 ex, then get a little bit bored with traps and decided to modify it. I am posting it here because I used almost whole tree and mechanics like OP did.
That was my character before changes:
https://pastebin.com/82fJkApu
And here is Battle MINER with blazing salvo (@LunaBotOpst thanks for the idea of some of the gem links):
https://pastebin.com/JmDU0mzr

Right now damage is quite simillar, but feeling of mines burst is much better. With this version I already killed Shaper, Elder, Sirius A8, Uber Elder much smoother than with traps.

Maybe do you guys can check my build and drop some ideas how I can improve this?

"
Maybe do you guys can check my build and drop some ideas how I can improve this?

I´d go conc. effect instead of minefield support. Aside from that, I am partially working on a starter as well and Mines scale better early game so something like this is probably what I´d be doing too.
"
Hussar888 wrote:
Hey!
I've spent some time and currency with this build. It was pretty cool, I've killed Sirius A8, Shaper + Maven, Elder + Maven, Twins quite smooth. In this point I want to thanks OP for the guide. Build is the best all-around build I've played - almost all mods, quite tanky and decent damage. It's not excelent with low investment (I am compariong it to e.g. Toxic Rain DE or Raider)
I was trying to craft decent weapon with fossils, essences, alts but I failed all the time. After wasting around 15 ex, then get a little bit bored with traps and decided to modify it. I am posting it here because I used almost whole tree and mechanics like OP did.
That was my character before changes:
https://pastebin.com/82fJkApu
And here is Battle MINER with blazing salvo (@LunaBotOpst thanks for the idea of some of the gem links):
https://pastebin.com/JmDU0mzr

Right now damage is quite simillar, but feeling of mines burst is much better. With this version I already killed Shaper, Elder, Sirius A8, Uber Elder much smoother than with traps.

Hey Hussar thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying it and also that you're experimenting:)
Experiments is core POE and how many things has come to light, including stuff like going full cold conversion with this trap setup:) (also fun, if you love freezing things and shatter sounds and/or deeper delves).

A lot of surviving comes from Ltrap's functionality with 9 projectiles in a circle hitting everything around you, so I assume you'll miss that layer, but I could see the idea in using mines early on and then switching later.

For pushing higher levels and reaching that status of feeling "godmode" i'd definitely say Ltrap is the way to go. I've tried to POB a few miners that similar to this idea, tried using same build and thus copy the same survivability setup (glancing/max block/es-on-block/saboteur blind etc), but then when they gotta invest in our defences and I compare damage it doesn't really seem they add up/compete with what we get. (they can't have our auras etc cuz mines are by default a reserving ability, yuck)

example for current dps from my own POB is:

What is your actual DPS? because in POB your average hit seems low? even if it's just a single projectile, the avg hit seems very low when compared?
I didn't really put much time into miners cuz the whole reserve issues, so it's probably also a matter of configuring (I don't like having a seperate detonate button even if some ppl put it as a walk key lawl, for me it's just too awkward as i wouldn't ALWAYS wanna detonate instantly since then you lose out on sequencing dmg...ughh, back to traps I always go=P)

About weapons, i'd rarely craft a weapon from scratch unless literally having excess currency to toss out, because we can honestly find really really good stats way too cheap to make it worth crafting. Also, buying weapons that has partly the stats you want and then crafting the rest (gambling/aisling/beast craft swapping suffixes and prefixes etc) is also usually a lot cheaper. :)

Last edited by oestergreen on May 27, 2021, 10:11:06 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:

A lot of surviving comes from Ltrap's functionality with 9 projectiles in a circle hitting everything around you, so I assume you'll miss that layer, but I could see the idea in using mines early on and then switching later.

OK, so we kill everything even off screen, but someone have to trigger this trap, and it take a small amount of time until it explodes, and that is the point that I've got one-shoted most often:/

"
oestergreen wrote:

example for current dps from my own POB is:

What is your actual DPS? because in POB your average hit seems low? even if it's just a single projectile, the avg hit seems very low when compared?

I've got barely 670k on my LTrap, and you have over 2M.
Right now on Blazing salvo i have 8 projectiles x 86k each x 19 mines = ~13M, and we have to consider, that not all of the projectiles go thru flame wall, so let's assume 10M.
Your calculations are right, but LTrap projectiles fly in every direction, and Blazing Salvo have some kind of auto target, that makes more single target DPS. For maps even mine 670k was more than enough :)

"
oestergreen wrote:

I didn't really put much time into miners cuz the whole reserve issues, so it's probably also a matter of configuring (I don't like having a seperate detonate button even if some ppl put it as a walk key lawl, for me it's just too awkward as i wouldn't ALWAYS wanna detonate instantly since then you lose out on sequencing dmg...ughh, back to traps I always go=P)

The most common thing is to use detonate button only on big bosses. With Minefield I am throwing 5 traps, and detonate them with LMB while moving, and it's more than enought to clear maps, and it's super smooth :) But you are right, I think it's matter of preference.

"
oestergreen wrote:

About weapons, i'd rarely craft a weapon from scratch unless literally having excess currency to toss out, because we can honestly find really really good stats way too cheap to make it worth crafting. Also, buying weapons that has partly the stats you want and then crafting the rest (gambling/aisling/beast craft swapping suffixes and prefixes etc) is also usually a lot cheaper. :)[/span]

I was playing LTraps for maybe 2 weeks, and I swear to God, that there was nothing intresting on the market for that time. I was looking simply for ~100% Lightning damage + T1 flat lightning to spells + Crit Multi... I have live filter set for whole day and cound only few bases that I failed while crafting other mods :<

I will try to play with explosive traps + flamethrower traps too.
Next goal is to try physical damage spells with trap support :)

OP do you have any ideas how to max spell block without having this mod in shield? It's hard to get ES on block + spell block + good ES :< I've tried with the tree, but it takes a lot of our DPS

"
I was playing LTraps for maybe 2 weeks, and I swear to God, that there was nothing intresting on the market for that time. I was looking simply for ~100% Lightning damage + T1 flat lightning to spells + Crit Multi...

Start looking for T2 increased damage, dont look for crit multi suffix and you´ll find some ;-) You can craft crit multi suffix quite easy if you have good prefixes set up.

"
I will try to play with explosive traps + flamethrower traps too.

If you use fire trap in conjunction with flamethrower trap you will most likely reach the strongest boss-dps.

"
Next goal is to try physical damage spells with trap support :)

Explosive Trap as well as purifying flame come to mind, they both have 50% conversion. If you travel to avatar of fire you´ll reach 100% conversion and can take generic phys damage nodes as well als incr. global physical damage. Enjoy testing :)
Last edited by Vennto on May 27, 2021, 11:36:00 AM
"
Hussar888 wrote:

OK, so we kill everything even off screen, but someone have to trigger this trap, and it take a small amount of time until it explodes, and that is the point that I've got one-shoted most often:/

If you play "correct" in the sense that you're tossing traps in the direction you are moving/flame dashing, then *someone* triggering the trap, even with poor aiming or only one of your traps landing near a monster, they'll all go off and cover the screen you're flamedashing/moving into. (because of chain reaction)

That's why I make a point of stressing that once you get used to the trapper playstyle, you'll feel very safe/hard to kill, i.e. the "throw and dash" method, always be throwing traps in the direction you are moving so that everything is blinded and the traps landing off-target as you move (if you're fast at moving) will for the most part also trigger to cover even more screen & off screen area that you're moving into. They also trigger on a short timer if you manage to drop some far off any others.

POE Distance: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Distance

"
Hussar888 wrote:
Your calculations are right, but LTrap projectiles fly in every direction, and Blazing Salvo have some kind of auto target, that makes more single target DPS. For maps even mine 670k was more than enough :)

True, but with the standard unit size of bosses, you will hit almost all your lightning balls if you're stacking/aiming traps at the boss when throwing, since they all trigger from the center of where they land before they travel outwards, hence anything within reasonable unit distance, will be affected.

Bosses have the largest unit size, i believe it's 5, while a player size is 2, so you can imagine that a lot of what you see as pretty "ball" graphics is in reality bigger squares flying outwards from each trap, affecting anything within their square and the boss itself is a 5 unit square.

So for bossing (and having chain reaction as sabo) there's no real difference, but for mapping I can see the benefit in auto-target projectiles, though again it's hard to argue for one or the other, since 1 ability only covers the area it forks (and auto targets within) while the other is not auto-targeting but is however screen covering/off screen hitting as it's an expanding circle. (and amazing on-hit survivability combined with saboteur born in shadows)

p.s. you can also pop in divergent ltrap, if you want the projectiles to return ;P it's fun and very useful for ultimatums!

Lastly, if you want to be immortal in Ultimatums (assuming your other gear is good obviously and you're aiming for lvl 100) then siphoning trap makes you pretty much unkillable in Ultimatums unless you're doing some really silly map mods.

"
Hussar888 wrote:

I was playing LTraps for maybe 2 weeks, and I swear to God, that there was nothing intresting on the market for that time. I was looking simply for ~100% Lightning damage + T1 flat lightning to spells + Crit Multi... I have live filter set for whole day and cound only few bases that I failed while crafting other mods :<

OP do you have any ideas how to max spell block without having this mod in shield? It's hard to get ES on block + spell block + good ES :< I've tried with the tree, but it takes a lot of our DPS

Is your filter Lightning Spell Damage? it's very important that it's lightning spell damage and not just lightning% damage, as lightning spell damage considers all different sources of %lightning dmg increase (and they are all equally valuable 1:1) -- I had friends that was using lightning% filters and wondering why they barely found anything interesting.

But yeah, otherwise what Vennto said, lower the req to t2 and/or remove one of the stats entirely and aim to craft it.

There are tons of results that could be used for crafting/gambling and wouldn't be much risk (investment wise) as crafting from scratch;

here's a trade example:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/Ln9al8VSn

Regarding spell-block, if you don't have it on your shield and want to drop rumi's for bottled faith, I'd get a shield that has an open suffix to craft 5% spell-block and then pick-up 1 of the points under Arcane Guarding that grant 3% spell-block. That'll bring you very close to cap (remember to factor in tempest shield and double w/glancing). You could also get a 20% divergent tempest shield for extra 2% spell/att block (with glancing).

Last edited by oestergreen on May 27, 2021, 7:00:45 PM
What are the recommended gem levels?

In the imported build is PoB, I can see that Sniper Mark is only on level 3. Blade blast is on levele 1. Arcane Surge has level 5. Are these important/mandatory/optimal?

Similar question for Quality. (What gems need quality?)

Sorry, maybe I missed this Q\A somewhere.

But Why do we need Supported gem with Traps lvl 20 on gloves ?
As I saw, we removed spire traps after middle game, and this buff will not work with other traps. Or I am wrong?
So, been enjoying playing this build for almost a week now, don't know if anyone already posted a take on the build like this, so wanted to share!

I wanted to have some extra damage, so I got the mana reservation shield and swapped clarity for herald of thunder, grabbing a circle of regret and a watcher's eye with Zealotry and Wrath mods.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Do you think you lose much with this path?

Also, tips are always welcome!

Equips rn:
Spoiler
Last edited by joaohanson on May 27, 2021, 7:26:14 PM
"
NitDan wrote:
Sorry, maybe I missed this Q\A somewhere.

But Why do we need Supported gem with Traps lvl 20 on gloves ?
As I saw, we removed spire traps after middle game, and this buff will not work with other traps. Or I am wrong?

You don't get it for this line, the suffix has another line that increases traps damages (or throwing speed, depending on the mod)
Last edited by joaohanson on May 27, 2021, 5:14:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info