[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Why do i need gloves with advanced traps if there are no skills trap throw traps inside? whats the point?
Hello, I play this build since league start ( I play 1 char per league so better choose well ...) and I'm not disappointed xD
Thanks for the awesome build man, it does everything I want :

No need to switch gem
Very decent map clear speed
Can do all bosses
Affordable as a league starter

I did all bosses with 1/3 of my actual stuff (ign : Zzapzor on poe.ninja)

My few tips for new players :

The sweet spot was when I got tinker armor, decent ES and recover ES on shield + rumi, then get shav (and get the ascendencies in the right order)
I struggled a bit in the beginning, but then I watched OP stream and copied the playstyle and it worked like a charm :D

Nothing else to say : just thanks
This mod has two lines. The second line is "faster trap throwing speed", which is global and not just for the gems socketed in the gloves. This is why the mod is desirable.
I rolled this character yesterday with the intention of trying it out as a boss killer for league start next league. I seemed to struggle on bosses a bit (hidden invitations and guardians).

Can someone review the character and let me know if I made any mistakes or what improvements could be made with ~5ex (keeping league start in mind, don't want to blow up the budget for smoothly clearing bosses).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Griff112/characters/griffgotrap

I'm going to get some more levels tonight and try to do bossing again, and either finish the ES wheel or go for the medium cluster.
Perhaps it was a mistaske to not take the cluster before 90?

Are there any glaring improvements or error with the character, or should it be smoothly killing bosses and i'm just playing poorly?
"
3eko wrote:
How come that i cant run all auras, i have 1645 of mana, and it says that i cant rune zelaotry it says not eniugh life? Help,

Sovereignty skill nodes mate. :)

"
Griff112 wrote:
I rolled this character yesterday with the intention of trying it out as a boss killer for league start next league. I seemed to struggle on bosses a bit (hidden invitations and guardians).

Can someone review the character and let me know if I made any mistakes or what improvements could be made with ~5ex (keeping league start in mind, don't want to blow up the budget for smoothly clearing bosses).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Griff112/characters/griffgotrap

I'm going to get some more levels tonight and try to do bossing again, and either finish the ES wheel or go for the medium cluster.
Perhaps it was a mistaske to not take the cluster before 90?

Are there any glaring improvements or error with the character, or should it be smoothly killing bosses and i'm just playing poorly?

Ulab lightning (or pen) enchant on boots is huge, it's 7-12% damage depending on your other gear. Get lvl 21 lightning trap instead of a 20 vaal, it's extremely cheap and much better. You're still only 86, so you're missing a ton of damage from jewels and cluster setup (get jewel sockets first always, clusters is only for 95+ and take a look at the min/max pob in the guide maybe for cluster inspiration)

You can get a LOT of dps with our jewels because we can use a ton of different combinations that most other builds can't.

You need levels of course and atm your one jewel are very defensive. Remember you can combine a multitude of different stats that all affect Ltrap, such as; multiplier global, multiplier spells, multiplier lightning, multiplier elemental, spell% dmg, lightning% dmg, dmg% while holding a shield, trap% dmg, trap% throw-speed ... and more than I can list at the top of my head, but it means you can easily get single or dual multiplier jewels with secondary dps stats quite cheap (5c ~~ 50c) as there aren't many competing builds able to utilize so many different stat combinations.

Hope it helps, gl :)

"
4phex wrote:
Hello, I play this build since league start ( I play 1 char per league so better choose well ...) and I'm not disappointed xD
Thanks for the awesome build man, it does everything I want :

No need to switch gem
Very decent map clear speed
Can do all bosses
Affordable as a league starter

I did all bosses with 1/3 of my actual stuff (ign : Zzapzor on poe.ninja)

My few tips for new players :

The sweet spot was when I got tinker armor, decent ES and recover ES on shield + rumi, then get shav (and get the ascendencies in the right order)
I struggled a bit in the beginning, but then I watched OP stream and copied the playstyle and it worked like a charm :D

Nothing else to say : just thanks

Good job clearing it all mate!
Ty for the kind words and for dropping by to leave feedback.

I'm glad watching the stream has helped. I'm often telling people they should swing by the stream if they wonder anything about the gameplay of the build:) - sometimes it just takes a little getting used to the trapper playstyle, but once you get it then you feel extremely safe/comfortable taking on anything imho. :)

Last edited by oestergreen on May 25, 2021, 3:17:00 PM
Man u reply fast =)
This build is awesome I say it again, I do boss killing for people and several started a light trapper after seeing it's potential, the enjoyment is proliferating.

And yeah I cannot stress this enough :
Trapper has it's own play style, mainly because of ascendencies from my point of view, regen on trigger and blind, really go watch oestergreen stream even if you think you are doing good you will learn new stuff and overall the stream is fun / friendly.

Hi, I love your build. It's one of the best I've ever played.

I have doubts:

1. I'm having problems with the maps with damage reflection, when I jump with flame dash I die and if I take it off too. What can I be doing wrong?

2. I don't know where to improve my character, any opinion?

Thanks, I leave a link to my character.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kalandras/characters/anselmatum
Last edited by Kalandras on May 25, 2021, 5:53:49 PM
"

My personal opinion: This Char starts to shine when you ramp up the investment. So I don´t consider it a leaguestart-bosskiller. You have a multitude of different builds that do this better and cheaper. This char however is a great league-ender and starts to demolish literally anything that you throw at it once you reach a critical point.

Right now I have put over 220ex in the char, I just purchased a 130ex triple stat watchers eye and surpassed even the dps of the harvest min-maxed version. I don´t know what to say - you very rarely find a build in PoE that brings tankiness close to immortality together with that kind of damage and we can be glad that Saboteurs are flying HUGELY under the radar, as it´s with 1% one of the lowest played ascendancies and even Lightning Trap is only second most played as people for some reason still play Glacial Cascade Mines. Only reason I see for that is that to feel this powerful you need - from what I experienced - roughly 50ex input (at least for my tastes). Once you reach that - good night game, everyting dies.

"
1. I'm having problems with the maps with damage reflection, when I jump with flame dash I die and if I take it off too. What can I be doing wrong?

Explained several times - it has nothing to do with flame dash, it´s wave of conviction that kills you. On reflec maps, take it out.

"
2. I don't know where to improve my character, any opinion?

Check other builds on Poe.Ninja. If you can afford double corrupted 6-links you can spend a few min to check what others do ;-)
"
Vennto wrote:
Explained several times - it has nothing to do with flame dash, it´s wave of conviction that kills you. On reflec maps, take it out.

Thanks for clarifying the damage reflection issue for me. I recommend oestergreen to include it in the FAQ or OP (since it has been asked several times).

"
Vennto wrote:
Check other builds on Poe.Ninja. If you can afford double corrupted 6-links you can spend a few min to check what others do ;-)

Thanks again for "helping me", I already checked before asking the "possible" variants in Poe.Ninja. I just wanted to know the personal and objective opinion of other people who could give me constructive critiques or advices.

First of all thanks for answering and helping me. Don't be upset by the tone of my answer, but I didn't like the tone of yours ;-)

Last edited by Kalandras on May 25, 2021, 8:12:22 PM
Would you ever consider using a dagger so you can use Whirling Blades + fortify combo?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info