[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
In the imported build is PoB, I can see that Sniper Mark is only on level 3. Blade blast is on levele 1. Arcane Surge has level 5. Are these important/mandatory/optimal?

Similar question for Quality. (What gems need quality?)

Blade blast is only used for the unnerve-debuff, therefore it can stay on level 1 as it does not gain a longer debuff duration. Sniper´s Mark does, with quality and with levels. Read the guide again, especially the gem-section as it is very clearly pointed out that it depends on your personal equipment if snipers mark or assassins mark leads to more damage. As for the question of level and quality: as high as possible but in reasonable range of your attribute requirements.
Arcane Surge as high as possible but low enough so you proc it with a single cast of flame dash.

"
But Why do we need Supported gem with Traps lvl 20 on gloves ?
As I saw, we removed spire traps after middle game, and this buff will not work with other traps. Or I am wrong?

The advanced trap mod on gloves does not matter, but this shaper mod comes with a global part: "Increased trap throwing speed". And that is the part of the mod we care about.

"
What are you guys thoughts on this? Do you think you lose much with this path?

There are 3 main "Problems" I would call it with this variant:
First, you have to make sure u have enough mana-regeneration to sustain a decent throwing speed without clarity. I could do that at this point as I have come across two mods on my gear with incr. mana regeneration but if they are gone AND I lose clarity I am pretty sure I fall short in that regard.
Second, you most likely lose spellblock on the shield, as it is incredibly hard to craft -15% reduced mana while still having block on recovery and a good ES AND an open suffix. Would be kind of a very endgame craft and at this point I don´t see the reason for more damage if I lose something else defensivewise, and right now max spellblock is way more important to me.
Third, and for me personally probably the biggest counterargument: Without clarity you have no access to the max mana to ES watchers Eye mod, which gives around 1.2k-1.5k Energy Shield on top. Eyes with 1 damage-mod and this defensive mod can be purchased for as cheap as 5-6exalts, so very affordeable and I wouldn´t miss it. Same as in point 2, you trade damage for survivability.

What I like to point out: I would consider running your setup with the unique shield for early dps powerspikes, as the incr. lightning damage + the additional damage from herald probably give quite a nice boost when the build is lacking most damage, which is very early on. Once you transition into a final endgame setup I don´t feel like the damage is needed at all and I therefore wouldn´t play it like this, especially considering how much easier it is to get spelldodge on a shield and how much ES you can aquire on a ringslot with the crusader mod.
Last edited by Vennto on May 27, 2021, 8:29:05 PM
This is my third post telling how happy I am with this build and I guess no one cares but have no one to share it with and I still gonna do it a few times this league because this is just great.

Started the league as a player with ~600h of play time but I only ever did low yellow maps, best I ever did was white Elde a few years ago.

Last week I did A0 Sirus the first time with a few deaths and my new goal was 19 challenges for a totem pole. Now I got 25 challenges and I just killed Sirus A8 Deathless and I still havent updated my gear in more than a week, there is still sooooo much to update but it even works really well right now. With a lot of good drops and far to much play time I accumulated around ~50ex which for me is absolutly insane, I never had more than 1-2 in all those years and I never did any "real" endgame content. But with this build I got the perfect mix of offence and defence.

So I have to get higher goals, next goal is 36 challenges for the cool Portal Effect and killing as many different Endgame bosses as possible just so I can see them finally.

Dont worry this will not be my last appreciation post this league.
Last edited by Zyvex23 on Jun 5, 2021, 10:52:58 AM
"
Zyvex23 wrote:
This is my third post telling how happy I am with this build and I guess no one cares but have no one to share it with and I still gonna do it a few times this league because this is just great.

Started the league as a player with ~600h of play time but I only ever did low yellow maps, best I ever did was white Elde a few years ago.

Last week I did A0 Sirus the first time with a few deaths and my new goal was 19 challenges for a totem pole. No I got 25 challenges and I just killed Sirus A8 Deathless and I still havent updated my gear in more than a week, there is still sooooo much to update but it even works really well right now. With a lot of good drops and far to much play time I accumulated around ~50ex which for me is absolutly insane, I never had more than 1-2 in all those years and I never did any "real" endgame content. But with this build I got the perfect mix of offence and defence.

So I have to get higher goals, next goal is 36 challenges for the cool Portal Effect and killing as many different Endgame bosses as possible just so I can see them finally.

Dont worry this will not be my last appreciation post this league.

Mate i'm super happy to hear how well you're doing and enjoying the build=) It's always great when people come back to post feedback, even if it's just appreciation feedback to help others decide if they should give it a go.

Thank you for the kind words and congrats on the deathless awakener and your challenges! I'll see you back here soon:)

This is a request to everyone (and no the text is not green because this is irrelevant to the guide, so if you're only looking for guide stuff, please ignore this paragraph!). Also pleaaessee read my words carefully and maybe watch the video, before you decide if you want to help me out. :)

"

Please watch the raid video, but do NOT feel obligated to participate!
ONLY if after watching the video you decide you'd like to help me out, then go ahead and simply install RSL with my referral link and complete the tutorial.

It should take no longer than 5-10 minutes and is completely free!
For a small streamer, offers like these can help a lot financially, but they also must be treated with utmost respect, no-one should feel compelled to help - this is ONLY if you want to use 5-10min and don't mind me earning potentially upwards of 200$+ for your guys time in completing a tutorial.

I'm very straight and uncandid about this and I made the video so you know exactly what you're installing and how long the tutorial is. After completing the intro tutorial there is NO force to stay in the game or spend any $$.
You can freely continue to play if you enjoy it or uninstall if you didn't.
I get the sponsorship completion either way and I appreciate your time helping me out, thank you!

If you're using same email as you use on twitch, the stream alerts will shout out your twitch name in my channel when you've completed the tutorial, so I get to say thanks! (edit: the promotion works for the PC version of the game (my referral link takes you there) and android and recent versions of IOS, except the most recent one apparently).

Last edited by oestergreen on May 28, 2021, 11:40:50 AM
Hey, Vennto, thanks for the reply!

So, I'll go through your 3 points, not trying to contest you, just opening a discussing to understand things better.

"
First, you have to make sure u have enough mana-regeneration to sustain a decent throwing speed without clarity. I could do that at this point as I have come across two mods on my gear with incr. mana regeneration but if they are gone AND I lose clarity I am pretty sure I fall short in that regard.

So, although it really comes times where I get low on mana, those aren't that often, and since my mana regen isn't that low (I have 75 mana regen), those moments are very brief. And I'm not using a Divergent Inspiration yet, which would make it even easier.

Buuuuuut, my throwing speed isn't that high right now. It has been really hard to find gloves with throwing speed AND a decent amount of ES, so I've been using a trap damage one and have 0.57 of trap throwing time rn.

With that being said, do you think the best upgrade I could do at this moment is getting gloves like this?

"
Second, you most likely lose spellblock on the shield, as it is incredibly hard to craft -15% reduced mana while still having block on recovery and a good ES AND an open suffix. Would be kind of a very endgame craft and at this point I don´t see the reason for more damage if I lose something else defensivewise, and right now max spellblock is way more important to me.

Yes, right now I don't have spellblock on shield. I've kept Rumi's Concoction because my crit chance is almost at 100%, so don't think a Diamond Flask would add that much to me right now.

Would it be better to swap my shield for a spell block one? Doing that, which flask would i put in Rumi's place? I thought about getting added fire damage to spells on my Abyss Jewel and swapping it for a Cinderswallow. Would it be a good approach?

"
Third, and for me personally probably the biggest counterargument: Without clarity you have no access to the max mana to ES watchers Eye mod, which gives around 1.2k-1.5k Energy Shield on top. Eyes with 1 damage-mod and this defensive mod can be purchased for as cheap as 5-6exalts, so very affordeable and I wouldn´t miss it. Same as in point 2, you trade damage for survivability.

Well, this point is actually the one that made me more confused and where I might be doing something wrong.
When I turn on my clarity while with my "defensive" build, I only get 0.5k ES instead of 1.2/1.5k. I only have 1.8k mana rn, were we supposed to be stacking mana too somewhere that I missed?

"
What I like to point out: I would consider running your setup with the unique shield for early dps powerspikes, as the incr. lightning damage + the additional damage from herald probably give quite a nice boost when the build is lacking most damage, which is very early on. Once you transition into a final endgame setup I don´t feel like the damage is needed at all and I therefore wouldn´t play it like this, especially considering how much easier it is to get spelldodge on a shield and how much ES you can aquire on a ringslot with the crusader mod.

While I don't feel like I need more damage, I thought it could be nice and worth trying since I had the tools in hand, and got almost 25% increased damage with the tweaks for the price of 500 ES (my second crusader ring wasn't the best one, although it was still good, and I got a Circle of Regret that still gave me 10% maximum ES and my Discipline is now linked to the arrogance support).

I'll leave the PoB of my two states of the build if you wanna check, and even say what I am doing right, could be doing better, etc.

Thank you for the attention, Vennto!

PoB Clarity: https://pastebin.com/a8nj82Wv

PoB HoT: https://pastebin.com/2SSVBjgh
Last edited by joaohanson on May 28, 2021, 11:17:34 AM
"
Buuuuuut, my throwing speed isn't that high right now. It has been really hard to find gloves with throwing speed AND a decent amount of ES, so I've been using a trap damage one and have 0.57 of trap throwing time rn

My trap throwing speed is at 0.4 right now, so that´s definately a higher cost in terms of mana that you would feel.

"
Yes, right now I don't have spellblock on shield. I've kept Rumi's Concoction because my crit chance is almost at 100%, so don't think a Diamond Flask would add that much to me right now.

If your real crit-chance is already that high I can see that you don´t need the diamond flask of course. But one reason for your high crit chance is not using controlled destruction. If I for example take your PoB, swap Lightning Pen for Controlled Destruction and Rumis for a Diamond flask your DPS goes from 1.29mio to 1.42mio, roughly 9% damage-increase. Also, I feel you are overvaluing crit chance a bit. when I check out your weapon there are a lot of weapons on the market with a better set of prefixes. Just one with +1 to spells gives you another 4% more dps, even without any crit chance on it.

"
When I turn on my clarity while with my "defensive" build, I only get 0.5k ES instead of 1.2/1.5k. I only have 1.8k mana rn, were we supposed to be stacking mana too somewhere that I missed?

No, we are not aiming to stack mana on purpose, but when you encounter it it´s not the worse prefix to have ;-) Considering the amount: I checked again, we got roughly the same mana and it is also just 500-600 ES for me, my memory was wrong there. Yet still, this can be the difference between dying and survival. I am at 8.5k right now and would not go lower as this seems to be the sweetspot to survive just about anything.

"
While I don't feel like I need more damage, I thought it could be nice and worth trying since I had the tools in hand, and got almost 25% increased damage with the tweaks for the price of 500 ES

If we just have a look at this tradeoff, I totally agree with you. The "problem" with deterministically saying what the best setup for this build is is this: You might be able to compare hard facts like dps, ES, Block, etc. But we can´t compare "feel". I know that Ostergreen prefers to run more ES than I do. I know of at least one other person being fine with less trap throw speed than I have. So there is no "absolute perfect" setup to aim for as it boils down to how you want to play the build. The second you feel like u need more trap throwing speed that limits your options on gloves, making more ES required, etc.
So I am hesitant to give you advice in terms of "what to fix" as in my eyes there is nothing to fix as nothing is broken.

That being said, I checked your PoB and where you lack the most damage is clearly the missing crit multi jewels. Here is also the explanation how you get to that amount of ES: If you "cheat" yourself to it with energy of naught you clearly don´t need it on other parts, but you use 3 passive points for it that could get you to a second jewel slot, meaning an overall 45% more crit multi and 16% ES for example :)

In the end, you reached a state where the build works just fine. Everything else is just improvement to your liking and only limited by your wallet. There is nothing you do inherently wrong and I will definately keep your herald of thunder option in the back of my mind as this might bring the build to a damage-level where I feel it´s worth starting with it so thanks :)
Last edited by Vennto on May 28, 2021, 12:01:52 PM
Obviously all of your insights makes sense lol

Reading everything you've written gave me a better understanding of how the build works and ways to progress with my build, and I'm glad it made you think too!
Just did this build just for fun, took me an hour to get all items, maybe 10ex worth, never played traps and do not really enjoy it, did mines and i like how u can detonate them. Anway did a T15 map, mobs ok, slow throwing speed since i dont have "faster throwing speed" anywhere. Boss took a while but the survivability is pretty decent, so whoever is looking for a cheap and decent tank build but not great dps with low investment this one is pretty good. I can imagine if u invest 100+EX it will really be good, traps are just not for me, tried them for the first time and not like them :)

lvl87 and 5.8K es with ~ 10EX gear.

anyway thanks, moving to another one just bored ^^
"
Iku wrote:
Just did this build just for fun, took me an hour to get all items, maybe 10ex worth, never played traps and do not really enjoy it, did mines and i like how u can detonate them. Anway did a T15 map, mobs ok, slow throwing speed since i dont have "faster throwing speed" anywhere. Boss took a while but the survivability is pretty decent, so whoever is looking for a cheap and decent tank build but not great dps with low investment this one is pretty good. I can imagine if u invest 100+EX it will really be good, traps are just not for me, tried them for the first time and not like them :)

lvl87 and 5.8K es with ~ 10EX gear.

anyway thanks, moving to another one just bored ^^

In the future when you're trying builds, you should prioritize getting your main skill gem to 20 before investing in anything else. Your lightning trap gem is at level 7, no boot enchant, most of your auras aren't even level 10, 1 utility flask, but you have a 6L shav's. It's more important to fix all of the other things and have a 5L.
hello!

Just made some upgrades today. shield and watchers eye. took down a8 sirius today.

Is there anything else i can upgrade here at lvl 97?

https://pastebin.com/VEpk0T13
"
brocktune725 wrote:
hello!

Just made some upgrades today. shield and watchers eye. took down a8 sirius today.

Is there anything else i can upgrade here at lvl 97?

https://pastebin.com/VEpk0T13

Hey there!

I think you pasted the wrong pastebin!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info