[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Vennto wrote:
I have a question myself now:

For the large cluster jewel you outlined the following passives as best in slow:
- Widespread reduction
- Scintillating Idea
- Storm Drinker

I played around with PoB and tried different combinations and found 2 that potentially should be stronger if I am not mistaken.

So the question is:

1) Why do we use Widespread reduction instead of Doryanis Lesson? What do the 6% Area of Effect do? In PoB it does not change trap trigger or anything so I wonder why we use that one.

2) Also, Snowstorm seems to give more dps than Scintillating Idea. It should work, as enemies are always chilled due to skitterbots, right? Why don´t we use that then?

Ah and by the way guys... I just made Rank one DPS on Poe.Ninja ;-)

Good job Vennto! I stand @ 730k but its kinda ok. I do all endgame deathless. And I'm 35/40 now. Maybe 2-3 days more and 2 months break before next league :)
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
Vennto wrote:
I have a question myself now:

For the large cluster jewel you outlined the following passives as best in slow:
- Widespread reduction
- Scintillating Idea
- Storm Drinker

I played around with PoB and tried different combinations and found 2 that potentially should be stronger if I am not mistaken.

So the question is:

1) Why do we use Widespread reduction instead of Doryanis Lesson? What do the 6% Area of Effect do? In PoB it does not change trap trigger or anything so I wonder why we use that one.

2) Also, Snowstorm seems to give more dps than Scintillating Idea. It should work, as enemies are always chilled due to skitterbots, right? Why don´t we use that then?

Ah and by the way guys... I just made Rank one DPS on Poe.Ninja ;-)

Gz on 1st place DPS mate ;)

It's awesome to see so many Lightning trappers this league... imagine that last league the scoreboard had 10 of us and like 5 of us around lvl 98-100 lol...Now I see an entire list scrolling all the way to the bottom!

For the questions;
Widespread & Dory's are not something I recommend to anyone asking, it's just there because I was lucky grabbing the jewel for the same price with 3 large nodes as with 2.

Wide & Dorys is only like 25k dps vs a passive being 15-16k, so paying a big chunk of of extra currency to get a triple cluster is imo not worth it in our use-case, at least not for most people. But if it's there and you can get them at similar price as the 2x large cluster then for sure, you might as well get those extra few dps & area effect squeezed in.

As for Dory's 5% inc elem vs Wide's 6% area of effect, both are miniscule, however I find it more QOL and useful having every bit of AoE increase possible to land waves of conviction consistently on my target. (also using Anomalous, for 20% more area of effect on wave, so 26%)

As for Scintillating Idea vs Snowstorm, I lose about 2% by going snowstorm over Scin. I'm sure it boils down to gear, resist balance (cold/lightning balance), but overall performance and price-wise, Scin should be the best bet imo (at least for most people).
Last edited by oestergreen on May 16, 2021, 7:46:54 AM
"
I scrolled back a bit and found a comment from you on how the shield is crafted. Is the following correct?

Fossil spam until high ES. If it lacks recover on block, craft prefix cannot be changed and reforge harvest defense.

Exactly that´s the way :)

Also, if you hit double T1 flat and % increased ES but a 3rd prefix is open you can use the same method and craft it with harvest "reforge defense more common" to give you a chance of hitting a strong 3rd prefix, bit of a gamble though so if you are not swimming in currency you might fix your prefixes first to be safe. With prefixes cannot be changed you lock them and since ES on Block is the only leftover mod with defense-tag it rolls it 100%. Any further mods like mine is down to luck though and need possible multiple reforges.

"
Congratulations on the rank one DPS btw!

"
Good job Vennto! I stand @ 730k but its kinda ok. I do all endgame deathless. And I'm 35/40 now. Maybe 2-3 days more and 2 months break before next league :)

Thanks :) Around 1/3 of the league done is normally my time to quit it as well but that char right now feels so damn good and fun that I will probably continue and test a few things myself, I still have tons of currency to spend and just wanna see how far I can push it so I´ll keep playing for a a few more days.

"
It's awesome to see so many Lightning trappers this league... imagine that last league the scoreboard had 10 of us and like 5 of us around lvl 98-100 lol...Now I see an entire list scrolling all the way to the bottom!

I just hope the build doesn´t get too much traction now... I am 1000% starting this next league, and I would hate to see it nerfed and/or become meta. It is the 2nd most played Sabo already, only good thing for us is that Saboteur as a class itself never gets any attention and sits in 3rd last place with an overall play-percentage of 2%, making it 0.4% Lightning Trappers overall so I guess we are safe for a while :D

"
As for Dory's 5% inc elem vs Wide's 6% area of effect, both are miniscule, however I find it more QOL and useful having every bit of AoE increase possible to land waves of conviction consistently on my target. (also using Anomalous, for 20% more area of effect on wave, so 26%)

Oh yeah, that was the answer I was looking for! AoE doesn´t come into play for me as I get my debuffs with Arcanist brand, so I can pretty much guarantee it on bosses no matter how far I am away. That´s a very logical point to get AoE though if you run the trigger setup.

"
As for Scintillating Idea vs Snowstorm, I lose about 2% by going snowstorm over Scin. I'm sure it boils down to gear, resist balance (cold/lightning balance), but overall performance and price-wise, Scin should be the best bet imo (at least for most people).

I guess I get a very tiny damage-advantage with it through the balanced Wise Oak then, didn´t think of that.

As always, very good input, thanks a lot, that cleared up things :) And sure, this is just super-min-max... In my PoB the differences between the aforementioned nodes is like 0.3% but I always try to get at least the understand why things work out the way they do :D

Last edited by Vennto on May 16, 2021, 9:02:58 AM
"
Vennto wrote:

I just hope the build doesn´t get too much traction now... I am 1000% starting this next league, and I would hate to see it nerfed and/or become meta. It is the 2nd most played Sabo already, only good thing for us is that Saboteur as a class itself never gets any attention and sits in 3rd last place with an overall play-percentage of 2%, making it 0.4% Lightning Trappers overall so I guess we are safe for a while :D

Yeah. I play PS last 2 leagues and its nerfed. Don't want to nerf this build too. It's freaking awesome! And I will play this build again next league :)
And again Diss. Again thanks for this build :)
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
BzyxXx wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:

Yeah. I play PS last 2 leagues and its nerfed. Don't want to nerf this build too. It's freaking awesome! And I will play this build again next league :)
And again Diss. Again thanks for this build :)

Yeah the Pathfinder nerf was disgusting, thats why I changed the build too :D With Pathfinder I got only in the top 3 though, Yalpe beat me in terms of DPS :D
Last edited by Vennto on May 16, 2021, 11:51:11 AM
This build is amazing! This is the most fun I've ever play,thx!
How do I continue to improve now?
Thanks for this great guide and build DissentXTV, I'm having a blast with it. I was looking for a boss killer to complement my TR/CA Raider and this character is amazing for this job.

I was lucky enough to grab some amazing pieces of gear for cheap from someone who quit playing his Saboteur, but I was wondering what should be my next upgrade?

"
Lightz wrote:
Thanks for this great guide and build DissentXTV, I'm having a blast with it. I was looking for a boss killer to complement my TR/CA Raider and this character is amazing for this job.

I was lucky enough to grab some amazing pieces of gear for cheap from someone who quit playing his Saboteur, but I was wondering what should be my next upgrade?

-Boots enchant
-Enlighten 4, or whatever it takes to drop that mana flask for a bottled faith.
-Thread of Hope (large ring)
-Roll better mods for your Quartz and Diamond flasks

"
望月悠 wrote:
This build is amazing! This is the most fun I've ever play,thx!
How do I continue to improve now?

-You already have a CB jewel, don't need it on your flask.
-Enlighten 4, or whatever it takes to drop that mana flask for a bottled faith.
-You may want to put wave of conviction/sniper's mark on your wand and get a wand with "trigger a socketed spell" mod. The less cursing/debuffing you're doing, the higher your overall DPS.
-If your mana can handle it, get more trap throwing speed on your gloves.
-Change that cold/lightning damage craft on that ring to -7 non-channeling skills to total mana cost
Last edited by MrBiglesworth on May 17, 2021, 3:05:27 AM
"
Vennto wrote:
"
I scrolled back a bit and found a comment from you on how the shield is crafted. Is the following correct?

Fossil spam until high ES. If it lacks recover on block, craft prefix cannot be changed and reforge harvest defense.

Exactly that´s the way :)

Also, if you hit double T1 flat and % increased ES but a 3rd prefix is open you can use the same method and craft it with harvest "reforge defense more common" to give you a chance of hitting a strong 3rd prefix, bit of a gamble though so if you are not swimming in currency you might fix your prefixes first to be safe. With prefixes cannot be changed you lock them and since ES on Block is the only leftover mod with defense-tag it rolls it 100%. Any further mods like mine is down to luck though and need possible multiple reforges.

I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. So first fossil spam to high es flat and es %. If there is a third prefix open I can craft "prefix cannot be changed" and then harvest "reforge defense more common". Doesn't this mean I cant get a third prefix (since they cannot be changed)?

Also another question: According to poeninja, (almost) all the top dps builds for lightning trap uses Crown of the inward eye as helmet. However, when I put this into my POB it both decreases my damage and my ES (my current rare helmet isnt that special). So why is it used that much?
"
I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. So first fossil spam to high es flat and es %. If there is a third prefix open I can craft "prefix cannot be changed" and then harvest "reforge defense more common". Doesn't this mean I cant get a third prefix (since they cannot be changed)?

"Prefixes cannot be changed" is a suffix.

"
Also another question: According to poeninja, (almost) all the top dps builds for lightning trap uses Crown of the inward eye as helmet. However, when I put this into my POB it both decreases my damage and my ES (my current rare helmet isnt that special). So why is it used that much?

Crown of the inward eye has many hidden talents. The passive skills Transfiguration of Soul and Transfiguration of Mind give us DPS based on other stats of our gear, that means the better your overall gear is the more dps and tankiness you get from that helmet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info