[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Same answer to you... you guys know all the stats that are useful for us. Go work it out in your PoB.

Prefixes we care about:
- added flat lightning damage
- incr. lightning/spell damage
- lightning/non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage
- + all/lightning spells
- the incursion weapon caster damage prefix
- the veiled/betrayal weapon caster damage prefix

I personally crafted myself over 40 weapons in the PoB to test exactly what prefixes we should go for.
Last edited by Vennto on May 15, 2021, 11:23:30 AM
I'm new to crafting and just rolled this with dense fossils:

I'm happy to with the ES roll but it obviously misses recover ES on block. Is there a way to get recover on there without continuing the dense fossil spam?

Thanks for the help. Great build btw DissentXTV!
"
HLLYWD64 wrote:
I'm new to crafting and just rolled this with dense fossils:

I'm happy to with the ES roll but it obviously misses recover ES on block. Is there a way to get recover on there without continuing the dense fossil spam?

Thanks for the help. Great build btw DissentXTV!

There is a way, though it'll cost you an awakener orb + prefixes cannot be changed suffix craft. So about 3.5 ex, though depending on current prices on shields with 400es, it may or may not be worth it to you.

Basically you'd grab another influence shield (crusader one).. roll it with alteration + regal or dense, only searching for the recover-on-block suffix and making sure it has no other influence mods than this one.

Then you'd use the awakener orb to transfer that suffix onto your first shield, without rerolling prefixes as you paid 2ex to lock them.

That's the guaranteed way. Another is to spam reroll-suffix keep-prefix from harvest at 1ex per try (TFT prices).. prolly ends up more costly though.

Last edited by oestergreen on May 15, 2021, 3:29:13 PM
"
There is a way, though it'll cost you an awakener orb + prefixes cannot be changed suffix craft. So about 3.5 ex, though depending on current prices on shields with 400es, it may or may not be worth it to you.

Basically you'd grab another influence shield (crusader one).. roll it with alteration + regal or dense, only searching for the recover-on-block suffix and making sure it has no other influence mods than this one.

Then you'd use the awakener orb to transfer that suffix onto your first shield, without rerolling prefixes as you paid 2ex to lock them.

That's the guaranteed way. Another is to spam reroll-suffix keep-prefix from harvest at 1ex per try (TFT prices).. prolly ends up more costly though.

Ouch, rather pricey. I guess I'll keep throwing dense fossils at it hoping for a better roll + a spell block modifier on the off chance.

Appreciate the response btw, learned something new. Thanks!

EDIT: I rolled a better shaper shield with 400+ ES. Was happy, so I locked prefixes and awakekener orbed a crusader shield with recover on block onto the shield. It did not retain the prefixes, despite the locked benchcraft.

I guess Awakener's Orb does not respect the benchcraft and rerolls all modifiers on the item?
Last edited by HLLYWD64 on May 15, 2021, 5:37:12 PM
"
3.9.1b

Awakener's Orbs now ignore Mastercrafting Metamods.

This seems to be the case.

Last edited by Lewdz on May 15, 2021, 6:37:48 PM
"
HLLYWD64 wrote:
"

Ouch, rather pricey. I guess I'll keep throwing dense fossils at it hoping for a better roll + a spell block modifier on the off chance.

Appreciate the response btw, learned something new. Thanks!

EDIT: I rolled a better shaper shield with 400+ ES. Was happy, so I locked prefixes and awakekener orbed a crusader shield with recover on block onto the shield. It did not retain the prefixes, despite the locked benchcraft.

I guess Awakener's Orb does not respect the benchcraft and rerolls all modifiers on the item?

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that mate...apparently they nerfed awakener orb in 3.9.1b to ignore master crafted mods -.-

I guess the only upside you can pull out of this is that your shield has crusader and shaper chances now of hitting es-on-block, but I'm sorry you wasted the attempt mate, I wasn't aware they changed this as I haven't awakened anything with locked stats since the initial awakener releases.

I guess it goes hand in hand with their determination to NOT have deterministic crafting and players just spamming exalts/praying.

Last edited by oestergreen on May 15, 2021, 7:10:22 PM
"
Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that mate...apparently they nerfed awakener orb in 3.9.1b to ignore master crafted mods -.-

I guess the only upside you can pull out of this is that your shield has crusader and shaper chances now of hitting es-on-block, but I'm sorry you wasted the attempt mate, I wasn't aware they changed this as I haven't awakened anything with locked stats since the initial awakener releases.

I guess it goes hand in hand with their determination to NOT have deterministic crafting and players just spamming exalts/praying.

All good. It is a learning experience. Next big craft I do, I'll double-check.

Hoping for a better result with just dense fossils soon!
"
Hoping for a better result with just dense fossils soon!

Or you scroll back in this thread and actually check out the already mentioned deterministic way to craft it once you have good ES-Prefixes.

Then you can potentially even end up with something like this

If you have any questions concerning crafting you can hit me up.

Last edited by Vennto on May 15, 2021, 9:14:43 PM
I have a question myself now:

For the large cluster jewel you outlined the following passives as best in slow:
- Widespread reduction
- Scintillating Idea
- Storm Drinker

I played around with PoB and tried different combinations and found 2 that potentially should be stronger if I am not mistaken.

So the question is:

1) Why do we use Widespread reduction instead of Doryanis Lesson? What do the 6% Area of Effect do? In PoB it does not change trap trigger or anything so I wonder why we use that one.

2) Also, Snowstorm seems to give more dps than Scintillating Idea. It should work, as enemies are always chilled due to skitterbots, right? Why don´t we use that then?

Ah and by the way guys... I just made Rank one DPS on Poe.Ninja ;-)
Last edited by Vennto on May 16, 2021, 5:38:33 AM
"
If you have any questions concerning crafting you can hit me up.

I scrolled back a bit and found a comment from you on how the shield is crafted. Is the following correct?

Fossil spam until high ES. If it lacks recover on block, craft prefix cannot be changed and reforge harvest defense.

Congratulations on the rank one DPS btw!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info