[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Most of my stuffed sold - maybe someone need on this pieces:

?
"
I'm sure there's something i could be doing better but i'm on the trigger wand setup and my single target feels kinda lackluster. Are there any obvious improvements i could make to increase my single target? I'm considering swapping to Lightning spire trap to see if that's any better for me.

I have around 7 ex to use right now

You will get a BIIIG chunk of damage from just replacing pen or destru with elemental focus. In your 6L setup, we always use elem focus because we get shock from skitterbots. The 6th gem is a choice between Pen or Destru, never both - and only go destru if pen is high enough that destru can replace it. In your case it is, because you have a cluster with pen also.

Jewel sockets are stronger than clusters, so if you want big upgrades for dmg, think of getting strong jewels and save cluster setups for later. (you have access to 3 jewel sockets atm for only 2 points each, so 6 total) --- but it depends if you can pickup jewels that are good, for that you have to POB the difference between whatever 3 jewels you can grab and your cluster setup.

When budget allows, you can take a look at my late-game min/max setup POB, it's under the other pob link in the guide and uses a bigger cluster setup and all jewel sockets, which is totally excessive damage, but fun. :)

"
theo1000 wrote:
First of all its by far the best trapper build and has everything written down perfectly to help ppl who dont know the ins an outs.

My only question is how do you guys deal with light radius? i feel blind in dark maps :p

are you afraid of the dark.. exile?

ok jk ;D .. reason I don't have a point in arcane vision in the tree, is because I crafted the same effect on a ring (or helm). It saves me 1 point which i'll rather save by investing 1 suffix. :)

"
Johnbon7 wrote:
Thanks for the build. Had my first ever "first Sirus of the league deathless" (It was A5). The damage is not absolutely crazy, but it is consistent, and the sustain enables me to dodge and keep fighting easily. It gave me confidence and I attempted a friend's Sirus A8, and what do ya know? IT WAS DEATHLESS. First a8 of the league deathless is a very nice feeling.

I am just a little confused on what direction to go now since most upgrades seem to be more expensive, does anyone see any obvious cheap upgrades in my gear? If so, I would highly appreciate if you let me know.

One thing to note is that until today, I was using a rumi's without glancing blows since i did not have the ES on block shield till today.
Spoiler

Congrats mate! deathless sirius is no joke and you did it even without a bunch of upgrades ;P so job well done.

Your dps is only at 360k which is what i'd call minimum to engage sirius, or at least to engage him somewhat smoothly:) (I have 300k atm in my 5Link only;P ..... wasted 1400 fusings, no luck this league!)

I would definitely look into the trigger setup for your 1h.
Also are you using POB? I have a feeling your weapon could be upgraded without paying a ton. Maybe if you decide on trigger setup, you can look for a weap with 120+ lightning spell dmg (make sure u search lightning spell dmg, so it counts all sources and not only counts lightning %)

Crit to spells is ok, but its not so strong because we already have alot and lucky flask. Multiplier is much much stronger, if you can get a 1h with 30+ multi, 100-120+ spelldmg ( = lightning %, or spelldmg % or elemental dmg, all works ) and high lightning to spells.

This one cost me 1ex

Lastly, look at my reply to Waffles on this page, because it is exactly the same I would tell you:) Don't focus on clusters, they soak a lot of points, when you still have access to 2 point jewel sockets you could fill with a jewel costing less than 10c and get a bigger total upgrade for all those points. :)

P.S. for everyone: remember to use POB, it will help you so much in finding upgrades. You can copy items directly from the trade sites and into POB to see if its a DPS upgrade, before you buy it.
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 24, 2021, 10:13:39 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
I'm sure there's something i could be doing better but i'm on the trigger wand setup and my single target feels kinda lackluster. Are there any obvious improvements i could make to increase my single target? I'm considering swapping to Lightning spire trap to see if that's any better for me.

You will get a BIIIG chunk of damage from just replacing pen or destru with elemental focus. In your 6L setup, we always use elem focus because we get shock from skitterbots. The 6th gem is a choice between Pen or Destru, never both - and only go destru if pen is high enough that destru can replace it. In your case it is, because you have a cluster with pen also.

Jewel sockets are stronger than clusters, so if you want big upgrades for dmg, think of getting strong jewels and save cluster setups for later. (you have access to 3 jewel sockets atm for only 2 points each, so 6 total) --- but it depends if you can pickup jewels that are good, for that you have to POB the difference between whatever 3 jewels you can grab and your cluster setup.

When budget allows, you can take a look at my late-game min/max setup POB, it's under the other pob link in the guide and uses a bigger cluster setup and all jewel sockets, which is totally excessive damage

When I swap to focus and change ascendancy I actually lose about 10k avg hit, I'm using explosives expert over chain reaction. I'll try comparing with no ignite and explosive expert and see how that compares. I'm still roughly 300k less avg hit than your 100 tree without the jewels for a fair comparison.

I'll look into cutting the medium cluster in favor of 2 jewel sockets, as long as I can still hit the str req I think transcendent flesh could be really strong on the left

As it turns out i don't get enough of a dps boost to justify the 2ex cost of Transcendent Flesh when a similarly costed rare jewel gets me more defence and only slightly less dps
Last edited by Numerouswaffles on Apr 25, 2021, 4:02:59 AM
"
"
oestergreen wrote:
"

When budget allows, you can take a look at my late-game min/max setup POB, it's under the other pob link in the guide and uses a bigger cluster setup and all jewel sockets, which is totally excessive damage

When I swap to focus and change ascendancy I actually lose about 10k avg hit, I'm using explosives expert over chain reaction. I'll try comparing with no ignite and explosive expert and see how that compares. I'm still roughly 300k less avg hit than your 100 tree without the jewels for a fair comparison.

I'll look into cutting the medium cluster in favor of 2 jewel sockets, as long as I can still hit the str req I think transcendent flesh could be really strong on the left

Ah, I didn't see you had taken explosives expert, i just assumed you were chain specced. In that case I think you are being mislead a bit, because you see a nice damage chunk from explosive expert, but in reality I think several of your traps don't go off.

It's my sneaking suspicion and why I always stuck with chain reaction (well there's a few other reasons, but long-winded to explain;P).

Tldr; in POB, goto calcs, pick lightning trap and look at your trigger radius, there's an indicator with an image showing where you can expect traps to get triggered and with your current 13 radius, that area is very small, in fact so small that i'd estimate that very often several of your traps won't get instant triggered and while you're spamming traps in a boss-fight and it feels like everything is triggered cuz, lightning balls everywhere, I think actually quite a few of your traps are not, which would explain why you feel the damage lacks, despite your raw numbers claiming the opposite.

If you lay traps down, you can see they spread quite a bit just by default. If you try lay them on yourself, notice at least one or two even would be out of range according to that 13 unit calc that you can see in pob (and in the pic below).

This is the reason that you see non-sabo specs have to stack Trigger Area stats to get to 18 units of trigger area, which we get default when we use chain reaction. (18 units is where it's considered that your traps will all be triggered if you throw them on a standard size boss)

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 24, 2021, 11:01:08 PM
alright, i guess i can try out chain reaction again and see how it feels. got plenty of currency to play around with rn. i swapped my cluster for 2 double multi jewels with 8% es and my damage jumped a lot

also I just realized Crown of the Inward eye gives me a 151k avg hit up and the enchant is 1 pierce better
Last edited by Numerouswaffles on Apr 25, 2021, 12:53:00 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:

"
Johnbon7 wrote:
Thanks for the build. Had my first ever "first Sirus of the league deathless" (It was A5). The damage is not absolutely crazy, but it is consistent, and the sustain enables me to dodge and keep fighting easily. It gave me confidence and I attempted a friend's Sirus A8, and what do ya know? IT WAS DEATHLESS. First a8 of the league deathless is a very nice feeling.

I am just a little confused on what direction to go now since most upgrades seem to be more expensive, does anyone see any obvious cheap upgrades in my gear? If so, I would highly appreciate if you let me know.

One thing to note is that until today, I was using a rumi's without glancing blows since i did not have the ES on block shield till today.
Spoiler

Congrats mate! deathless sirius is no joke and you did it even without a bunch of upgrades ;P so job well done.

Your dps is only at 360k which is what i'd call minimum to engage sirius, or at least to engage him somewhat smoothly:) (I have 300k atm in my 5Link only;P ..... wasted 1400 fusings, no luck this league!)

I would definitely look into the trigger setup for your 1h.
Also are you using POB? I have a feeling your weapon could be upgraded without paying a ton. Maybe if you decide on trigger setup, you can look for a weap with 120+ lightning spell dmg (make sure u search lightning spell dmg, so it counts all sources and not only counts lightning %)

Crit to spells is ok, but its not so strong because we already have alot and lucky flask. Multiplier is much much stronger, if you can get a 1h with 30+ multi, 100-120+ spelldmg ( = lightning %, or spelldmg % or elemental dmg, all works ) and high lightning to spells.

This one cost me 1ex

Lastly, look at my reply to Waffles on this page, because it is exactly the same I would tell you:) Don't focus on clusters, they soak a lot of points, when you still have access to 2 point jewel sockets you could fill with a jewel costing less than 10c and get a bigger total upgrade for all those points. :)

P.S. for everyone: remember to use POB, it will help you so much in finding upgrades. You can copy items directly from the trade sites and into POB to see if its a DPS upgrade, before you buy it.

Thanks! In my pob it looks closer to 600k with a similar config to your level 100 tree. Not sure if i did something wrong though, will recheck.

The weapon certainly needs an upgrade, but my weapon does have +1 to all spell skill gems, don't want to lose that I think. I will use pob and figure out what weapon can be an upgrade on a reasonable budget. I noticed that since I am not going controlled destruction, i have an excess of crit, so spell damage/lightning damage is probably better.

I am fine with casting arcanist brand XD. I guess i can save a socket by going trigger wand, but i don't like not having control over the debuffs. My boots already have the enchant so I want to wait for an upgrade that also has an enchant. i will take your advice and rethink on the cluster for now. My reasoning was that arcane surge does not have a super good uptime linked to flame dash/sigil, so using arcane pyrotechnics results in more or less permanent uptime for that 10% more dps.

Does sigil really do much? It looks like a dps stat pad, since we dont really use mana fast enough to get the stages. Maybe i should delevel it?
"
Johnbon7 wrote:

Thanks! In my pob it looks closer to 600k with a similar config to your level 100 tree. Not sure if i did something wrong though, will recheck.

The weapon certainly needs an upgrade, but my weapon does have +1 to all spell skill gems, don't want to lose that I think. I will use pob and figure out what weapon can be an upgrade on a reasonable budget. I noticed that since I am not going controlled destruction, i have an excess of crit, so spell damage/lightning damage is probably better.

I am fine with casting arcanist brand XD. I guess i can save a socket by going trigger wand, but i don't like not having control over the debuffs. My boots already have the enchant so I want to wait for an upgrade that also has an enchant. i will take your advice and rethink on the cluster for now. My reasoning was that arcane surge does not have a super good uptime linked to flame dash/sigil, so using arcane pyrotechnics results in more or less permanent uptime for that 10% more dps.

Does sigil really do much? It looks like a dps stat pad, since we dont really use mana fast enough to get the stages. Maybe i should delevel it?

You're ruining your own compliments here;P I was applauding you for rocking Sirius with 350-400k dps lol. ;)

You're right, it's closer to 600k (I didn't check your brand setup with exposure/mark) and it's definitely fine to use brands instead of triggers if you prefer the control and manual placing it.

For the weap, +1 isn't as strong as flat dmg and multiplier (as you can see in POB), try replacing your weap even with mine which I wouldn't say is "amazing" but just decent, has 120 flat% and good flat added to spells etc.

Usually the pricing for +1 is not worth it compared to getting higher flat, better added and higher multi etc (will yield higher total dmg for same or less investment).

As for sigil, the level of it totally depends on your mana setup.
Some people run -mana in their rings and/or use heist gems with different mana multipliers. Others run the traps at 27 mana cost (6 link) and can easily get to stage 2-3 consistently. Stage 4 depends on the gem level and what you're running above + speed. Trap throwing speed has a TON to say about building stages to max (obviously). My char in the guide POB (char from ritual league) has quite high throw speed (pob doesn't calc the belt throw speed, its a bug), making sigil excellent to drop as you're about to start an endgame boss fight (there was no other logical single gem I could see doing more for us). (That said, I rarely bother pressing sigil vs regular bosses/map bossing)

For arcane, I'm always flame dashing pretty much on cooldown, both while mapping and during boss fights, so thats a gameplay/preference thing and if you want more or less dmg from clusters etc.

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 25, 2021, 3:01:06 AM
Hi,

Thanks again for your build guide.

My build is far from optimal and I have in pob like 500k dps (but i don't know If i setup everything correctly) and 8k ES and I managed to kill sirus lvl 8 deathless, maven but it was pretty hard for me because I touched those beams a few times so I killed her with 2 portals left.

Tbh I'm feeling like I'm nowhere near good dps right now but playstyle is so chill and easy that you can easily dodge every boss move.

This is the best build if you want to learn mechanics of boss fights imo.
"
oestergreen wrote:

Ah, I didn't see you had taken explosives expert, i just assumed you were chain specced. In that case I think you are being mislead a bit, because you see a nice damage chunk from explosive expert, but in reality I think several of your traps don't go off.

It's my sneaking suspicion and why I always stuck with chain reaction (well there's a few other reasons, but long-winded to explain;P).

Tldr; in POB, goto calcs, pick lightning trap and look at your trigger radius, there's an indicator with an image showing where you can expect traps to get triggered and with your current 13 radius, that area is very small, in fact so small that i'd estimate that very often several of your traps won't get instant triggered and while you're spamming traps in a boss-fight and it feels like everything is triggered cuz, lightning balls everywhere, I think actually quite a few of your traps are not, which would explain why you feel the damage lacks, despite your raw numbers claiming the opposite.

If you lay traps down, you can see they spread quite a bit just by default. If you try lay them on yourself, notice at least one or two even would be out of range according to that 13 unit calc that you can see in pob (and in the pic below).

This is the reason that you see non-sabo specs have to stack Trigger Area stats to get to 18 units of trigger area, which we get default when we use chain reaction. (18 units is where it's considered that your traps will all be triggered if you throw them on a standard size boss)

You're absolutely right, my single target feels significantly better with awakened ele focus and chain reaction

I still need to spawn another conqueror to get a good idea of how it feels against a tankier boss
Last edited by Numerouswaffles on Apr 25, 2021, 7:01:10 AM
Im working on farming money im at 3,560 ES can you look at my charater when u got a moment and help me figure out what to prioritize besides the amulet thats my main gal atm I need to increase my es for mapping right probably atleast 4500? I m in Hardcore trade

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info