[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

What do you think about this sceptre? 2x flat T2 lightning DMG. It will be ok, or % lightning dmg will is better?
"
qbatronix wrote:
What do you think about this sceptre? 2x flat T2 lightning DMG. It will be ok, or % lightning dmg will is better?

Regular Lightning dmg does not work as its considered an attack mod.
Has to be lightning to spells or lightning dmg % (or any other source that boosts lightning % dmg, like elemental dmg, spelldmg etc).
Why Practical Application when we are stun immune?
"
Virusow wrote:
Why Practical Application when we are stun immune?

The build requires 111str, 72dex and its 50 stats for 1 point. Obviously if you already have the stats elsewhere, you don't need to take it. (we don't care about the stun stuff ofc) :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 20, 2021, 6:54:46 PM
Build seem pretty solid and fun so far. I haven't pushed the limit yet as I'm taking it slow.

Just one minor suggestion for your gem section is to change the word color to match the gem color. I'm pretty lazy and usually don't want to think too much if I'm following a guide.
How are people doing with Ultimatums in maps? I'm getting destroyed! I know my gear isn't the best but I get one shot first round or overwhelmed round 2/3

Is this just a hard build for that content or do I need to git gud?
"
Wrabs wrote:
How are people doing with Ultimatums in maps? I'm getting destroyed! I know my gear isn't the best but I get one shot first round or overwhelmed round 2/3

Is this just a hard build for that content or do I need to git gud?

Check out my stream sometimes mate, I do every Ultimatum and usually all the stages of it. Remember to use vaal discipline, it's very quickly up again after use and it makes you basically immortal for it's 3 sec duration.

Often, it seems just a matter of getting used to playing with traps that is the biggest factor in people dying, if they actually have decent gear of course.

Ultimatum is all about staying mobile while still dishing out traps constantly, so it's the perfect way of practising trapper gameplay actually, as literally it's what you're supposed to do. Toss traps in the same direction that you flame dash/move towards, all the time, rinse repeat, so your screen and mobs ahead of you are all blinded/dead.

Always be throwing traps regardless how pressured you feel, because it is your regen mechanic and if you keep it up, most mobs should be dead in the ultimatum circle with each wave they spawn, without turning into numbers where they become a threat.

So far I've had 2 deaths in this league (im lvl 87 atm), once during uber lab trials when I sat my butt on a spike and once in a final wave ultimatum when I screwed up by literally flame dashing into a chaos cloud while semi looking away from the monitor, oops.

Check the survival tips section and eventually aim to get a rare shield with es-on block mod. I don't have one myself yet, but once you get it, you'll feel almost unkillable in maps.
Awesome! thank you for the quick reply and i will swing by your stream. thanks for the help!
Hi! Thank you so much for your guide! This is one of the very few builds that I actually had fun leveling, and every upgrade feels powerful in terms of defences and damage.

As I'm not familiar with CI/LL builds, and this is my first time playing mines/traps, I had trouble with survival at the beginning when I switched to CI and then LL. Here are some tips I find helpful for players who might be struggling with this build

1) Get your defense links up ASAP (CWDT setup with immortal call and tempest shield), and have Vaal Discipline. For me, I have 1 main discipline gem, and a vaal discipline gem (once that hits 20 I'm switching to that). Unlike life based builds, you can't use health flasks to heal up. Vaal Discipline IS your health flask.

2) Damage is not a concern for white-yellow maps, so focus on resists and ES on gear. The great thing about this guide is that quite a chunk of your resists are already covered by Alira and the tree. My ES is currently 5.4k, and I can do low-red maps fairly safely. I'm still on a 5-link, and although red-map bosses don't instantly melt yet, I can still do them with minimal trouble. OP wrote somewhere that every bit of ES upgrade counts, and he's right on that.

3) Glancing Blows is important as a survival tool. Block with this keystone is not a damage negation stat, but a damage reduction. Glancing blows may not save you from big one-shots, but when multiple medium damage shots hit at once, it can be a life saver due to the double block chance and thus overall damage reduction.

4) Get the blind ascendancy node before going too deep into maps. Pre-Uber Lab, I was dying like a bitch to white map ultimatums. Post-Uber Lab, I can alch-and-go all white/yellow maps. I find pushing the atlas way, way easier with the blind ascendancy up. Maybe next league if I try this build again, I might take the blind node in Merc Lab instead.

5) Keep moving. 90% of my deaths were due to "I wonder if I can just stand still and tank these mobs".

I'll update once I breach big milestones with this build. Thank you OP for this wonderful guide.
"
Wrabs wrote:
Awesome! thank you for the quick reply and i will swing by your stream. thanks for the help!

yw :) and I forgot to mention that mods in Ultimatums plays a big role this league. Some mods are straight up rippy for every type of build in the game, but there's actually more mods that are not so dangerous, even if they might sound like they are.

The chaos cloud is easy to dodge (miasma), the storm clouds on the ground are easy, the ruin from monsters (monster hits with ruin) and the ruin (ghost chasing you), are both very easy to deal with and will not kill you, only end the ritual if you fail. Also the fire spitting skull and the ice/frost thingys, are quite easy to deal with, it's all just a matter of being mobile and taking advantage of lightning trap being super good at screen-clearing/aoe'ing while you're circling around. Opposite of that, there's some rippy mods that increases damage taken by 50% over a few waves or decreases the arena to half size making it almost impossible to dodge stuff etc. Luckily, with how many mods I mentioned above, you can always pick one that isn't a super rippy one.

The only advise other than that, is to not do Ultimatum's in small tight indoor spaces, it's a recipe for disaster, regardless how smart you'll play it or how tanky you are. :)

"
robotworld wrote:
Hi! Thank you so much for your guide! This is one of the very few builds that I actually had fun leveling, and every upgrade feels powerful in terms of defences and damage.

Spoiler
As I'm not familiar with CI/LL builds, and this is my first time playing mines/traps, I had trouble with survival at the beginning when I switched to CI and then LL. Here are some tips I find helpful for players who might be struggling with this build

1) Get your defense links up ASAP (CWDT setup with immortal call and tempest shield), and have Vaal Discipline. For me, I have 1 main discipline gem, and a vaal discipline gem (once that hits 20 I'm switching to that). Unlike life based builds, you can't use health flasks to heal up. Vaal Discipline IS your health flask.

2) Damage is not a concern for white-yellow maps, so focus on resists and ES on gear. The great thing about this guide is that quite a chunk of your resists are already covered by Alira and the tree. My ES is currently 5.4k, and I can do low-red maps fairly safely. I'm still on a 5-link, and although red-map bosses don't instantly melt yet, I can still do them with minimal trouble. OP wrote somewhere that every bit of ES upgrade counts, and he's right on that.

3) Glancing Blows is important as a survival tool. Block with this keystone is not a damage negation stat, but a damage reduction. Glancing blows may not save you from big one-shots, but when multiple medium damage shots hit at once, it can be a life saver due to the double block chance and thus overall damage reduction.

4) Get the blind ascendancy node before going too deep into maps. Pre-Uber Lab, I was dying like a bitch to white map ultimatums. Post-Uber Lab, I can alch-and-go all white/yellow maps. I find pushing the atlas way, way easier with the blind ascendancy up. Maybe next league if I try this build again, I might take the blind node in Merc Lab instead.

5) Keep moving. 90% of my deaths were due to "I wonder if I can just stand still and tank these mobs".

I'll update once I breach big milestones with this build. Thank you OP for this wonderful guide.

Thank you mate, I'm glad you're enjoying the league and build:)
Those are all great tips for anyone trying the build. You and others that post their experiences are the reason I tell new players to read posts even a few pages back, as they'll often find answers and good information from other players who shared their experiences.
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 21, 2021, 4:24:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info