[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

I've transitioned into LL and gotten average gear for most of my slots but i still feel really weak in t10 maps. any tips for what to improve next or what i could be doing better https://pastebin.com/NMkPXyeG
"
Cyterizz wrote:

Hello sir.
If anyone have time, can you please look at my char (profile is public)

I'm a bit lost on what to do next. I have 160c to use. I was thinking of saving to Chayula. Or would perhaps going for a better weapon with trigger be better?
Regards

Make sure you reserve Zealotry and Clarity with Arrogance, only those 2.
(for that, you need sovereignty node on your tree)

Try to make sure that each item you got equipped has at least 140+ ES (boots, gloves) and get a new shield asap with at least 200es, it'll be penny-cheap.

Your next big item (big in this league lol, cus prices spiked;P) should definitely be Presence of Chayula amulet. I'd make do without prism shield for now and rather get Chayula so you're stun immune and get more ES.

That just means that for now, you won't be able to run all aura's yet, so you'll skip either wrath, discipline or skitterbots (i recommend skipping discipline at first but still having a vaal discipline so you can use it as a life-button as ES build -- it still works, even though u don't reserve discipline).

You also should replace your life flask and try get a better wise oak (yours has 10% pen, they go up to 15% pen)

Rings and amulets can also be upgraded for only a few chaos to be better than what you've got. Goodluck mate, have fun :)

"
poe_shniggies wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
Wow... Just wow. I mean, the last two pages of this guide are simply embarassing. So you guys are presented with an in-septh guide with different tree setups, different sections of budget,medium and endgame gear, comprehensive notes for every gem-setup and then you ignorw all of that gold-information, come here and call the GUIDE bad?

Sorry to be the one to tell you guys, but you are the ones being bad.

came to echo this, the guide is solid.
for people blindly following pob, dont
this is also my first trap build, and i find myself spamming my button for detonate mines sometimes :P

one cheap option for getting pierce, i picked up the unique shaper boots 'voidwalker' to get pierce until i can get the helmet enchant. i wanted to drop pierce gem from my 5L so i can use elemental focus

good luck everyone and thanks again for the great build and guide

thanks m8:)

"
I've transitioned into LL and gotten average gear for most of my slots but i still feel really weak in t10 maps. any tips for what to improve next or what i could be doing better https://pastebin.com/NMkPXyeG

Honestly, for the most part your gear looks ok, a bit low ES on some of your pieces, but you shouldn't actually struggle imo. I'm thinking your biggest issue is stuns for not having chayula, so use Brine king pantheon atm.

You didn't pick Glancing blows, you should to cap out your block and make use of it, as i'm guessing atm your block is only in the 35's. If you got around 6k+ ES, glancing is worth it to reach max or close to max block at 35% value.

Next I would aim to get our lab enchant, even if its only the +2 merciless version, it'll boost your surviving in maps considerably.

For a big survival item, you could aim for a rare shield with ES on block, with that you'll practically feel immune on maps ;)

Hope it helps

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 19, 2021, 6:23:04 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:

"

Honestly, for the most part your gear looks ok, a bit low ES on some of your pieces, but you shouldn't actually struggle imo. I'm thinking your biggest issue is stuns for not having chayula, so use Brine king pantheon atm.

You didn't pick Glancing blows, you should to cap out your block and make use of it, as i'm guessing atm your block is only in the 35's. If you got around 6k+ ES, glancing is worth it to reach max or close to max block at 35% value.

Next I would aim to get our lab enchant, even if its only the +2 merciless version, it'll boost your surviving in maps considerably.

For a big survival item, you could aim for a rare shield with ES on block, with that you'll practically feel immune on maps ;)

Hope it helps

I certainly feel the lack of chayulas, been a while since i did LL so i'll try brine king, thanks for the advice. I'll look into it
Last edited by Numerouswaffles on Apr 19, 2021, 6:30:59 PM
Hey! Thanks for the nice guide and build!

I've been in low maps for a while in a hybrid Life/ES setup, but I feel really squishy at times. I'm also not sure if I should transition to LL-setup already with my gear to boost survivability.

Could you maybe take a quick look at my character?

Thanks a lot
There are a lot of forum posts to go through.

Have searches for weapons/jewels been created for this build?
Im wondering what the reason for chain reaction over explosives expert is.

on paper chain reaction gets us:

50% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate for throwing Traps
Skills used by Traps have 50% increased Area of Effect
When your Traps Trigger, your nearby Traps also Trigger

As far as i know lightning trap has no aoe component and the only trap with a cooldown we're using is bear trap where cooldown reduction is not really needed, that means the first 2 lines are basically dead for us. Since this is my first trapper and i havent done ulab yet i cant speak for how big the last line playstyle/quality of life wise is for us.

on the other hand explosives experts gets us 80% inc crit & 10% ele pen and maybe there is even a way to work ignite/burning into the build to get the crit multi.

what do you guys think?

edit: against bosses we kind of already can utilize the crit multi via flame dashing through the boss every couple seconds. (granted that it doesn't sound very reliable in practice tho)
Last edited by Lewdz on Apr 19, 2021, 10:38:21 PM
"
Lewdz wrote:
Im wondering what the reason for chain reaction over explosives expert is.

on paper chain reaction gets us:

50% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate for throwing Traps
Skills used by Traps have 50% increased Area of Effect
When your Traps Trigger, your nearby Traps also Trigger

As far as i know lightning trap has no aoe component and the only trap with a cooldown we're using is bear trap where cooldown reduction is not really needed, that means the first 2 lines are basically dead for us. Since this is my first trapper and i havent done ulab yet i cant speak for how big the last line playstyle/quality of life wise is for us.

on the other hand explosives experts gets us 80% inc crit & 10% ele pen and maybe there is even a way to work ignite/burning into the build to get the crit multi.

what do you guys think?

This has been answered a couple of times in the thread, but I suppose I should put it in the FAQ eventually:)

TLDR;
The base trigger radius for traps is 10 units.

Without the trigger effect from chain reaction, you need about 200% trigger radius in your skill-tree and/or with items for traps to trigger reliably where it'll feel good. (or using a sunblast belt, but that's really not very good imo, giving up a big slot).

You can also use Hair Trigger Jewels, but again, even if we said i'd just remove 1 of my jewels in the end-game, it's a huge dps loss, more than having explosive expert, since a jewel can have double and even triple the amount of multiplier + other stats & ES%.

There are some reddit threads and YT's discussing the differences and there are some trap builds preferring explosives expert and at the end of the day, I'd say you can always try it and see how it feels for you, but generally the way of delivering the most damage is to land majority of your traps so close to the target that they all get triggered and this feels far smoother with Chain Reaction. Without it, you'd definitely need to think about how to get enough trigger area effect that it feels comfortable and effective still.
Before you get chain reaction, try and notice while mapping that many traps don't go off, even if they seem close to each other and one was triggered.

"
Retraction wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the nice guide and build!

I've been in low maps for a while in a hybrid Life/ES setup, but I feel really squishy at times. I'm also not sure if I should transition to LL-setup already with my gear to boost survivability.

Could you maybe take a quick look at my character?

Thanks a lot

If you have a 5L+ shavs, you should aim for full ES gear and transition.
Without it, you need to get more life, as I see many of your items don't have any life and you haven't picked any life nodes at all in the tree (there are many that you come in direct contact with in our pathing).

For comparisons sake, here's my own hybrid stats at lvl 83:

Spoiler

I've now transitioned to CI, while working on getting/linking a shavs.
I bought a 10c 5L vaal regalia and rolled it with alteration orbs until I got a tier 1 or 2 ES stat, then regalled the regalia and bench crafted another ES stat, to get close to 450 ES on it to start out with.

Then I made sure all my items have decent ES stats, even if they are dirt cheap 1-5c items, it doesn't cost much to get ES on a bit lower end gear.

I bought a shield and rolled that to get 250+ ES, but you can buy one cheap at 180-240'ish ES, I just wanted to try my luck with a crusader/shaper influenced shield and hoping to get ES recovered on block. (both influence types work, though they're in demand)

So now I'm CI with 5.9k ES while working on improving gear/collecting currency.

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 19, 2021, 11:42:45 PM
Hi, I just got my prism guardian and i have too much mana left, I'm reserving skitterbot and still have 65% mana left.

I'm thinking of Herald of Thunder and one other aura, do you have any idea on what might be good? I'm sorry I have to repost this because I can't seem to find it on page 1 and I'm kinda lost
First off, thank you DissentXTV for a fantastic build! I switched over from a failing BF/BB build which was getting slaughtered in Ulti circles. I just reached maps last night/this morning and I'm loving it! If I may, I'd like to offer a couple of tips from my levelling experience and also ask some questions please:

1) I think Born in Shadows is better than Pyromaniac for levelling. The Blind+10% less damage taken is effective 60% less damage incoming, which is far better than the 10% regen which is outcompeted by an updated life flask while levelling. I ripped multiple times in Ulti while levelling and I could not regen fast enough.

2) A quartz flask, plus quicksilver+adrenaline, is the star combo of this league. Being able to run fast circles means that we can ignore Ruin, Lightning, Skulls, Poison, and only really worry about the superbuff rares. Drop traps just ahead of you as you run, and the mobs chasing you walk on them just as they arm.

At level 74, the damage still feels good but it seems to be tapering. I got a 5L Tinkerskin. My queries at this point:

Q1) Where is the next big source of damage increase?

Q2) Should I go next for damage increase or aim for ES nodes first?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I love your 2B hideout and the strategically placed waypoint ;) If I had this I'd play more POE!
"

For comparisons sake, here's my own hybrid stats at lvl 83:
Spoiler

"
oestergreen wrote:
This has been answered a couple of times in the thread, but I suppose I should put it in the FAQ eventually:)

TLDR;
The base trigger radius for traps is 10 units.

I see, ill test the trigger radius more when i get ulab done.
i actually tried to use the search function first to see if it got already asked but i couldnt figure out a way to limit the search to this thread.

anyway, thanks for the thorough answer :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info