[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Hey, thanks for the guide first time playing miner/Low-life build so I have some questions on what I would get the most bang for my buck in terms of upgrades. I just picked up 5 link shavs but cannot afford prism guardian yet, so feel like im in a bit of a weird spot. If someone can take a quick look at my profile or pob (https://pastebin.com/k4xiSV4u) and give me some pointers, that would be great.
question. My arrogance link with Zealotry. its not letting me use it because it said life too low i have about 1.7k life
"
Jimmayyyyy wrote:
question. My arrogance link with Zealotry. its not letting me use it because it said life too low i have about 1.7k life

Maxed out Arrogance increased the mana reservation by 201% which will naturally always be more than your lifepool on a 50% reservation skill like Zealotry. If you check the skilltree, you will see that the build uses Sovereignty to gain 6% reduced reservation, without that node you can not use Arrogance.
Wow... Just wow. I mean, the last two pages of this guide are simply embarassing. So you guys are presented with an in-septh guide with different tree setups, different sections of budget,medium and endgame gear, comprehensive notes for every gem-setup and then you ignorw all of that gold-information, come here and call the GUIDE bad?

Sorry to be the one to tell you guys, but you are the ones being bad.

I literally never played anything apart from Pathfinder so I'm as new as it gets to traps myself and just simply following this guide I am already in red maps, I am level 88, got all 4 labs, got my first 8 Ex and had the most successful league start ever. Preparing to go low-life now as I seem to need a bit more damage for further content but so far I am running t12 120% corrupted maps with just easy going, only the bosses are hard. Tomorrow I'll pushing for t16 maps and my first sirus 3 days into the league. Real bad buid, sure guys... *face-palm*

So Low - Life is prepared and will be done tomorrow.

@Ostergreen: It's a really good guide AND an incredible build, don't let any1 else tell you differently. If people can't follow it its not your fault. I'm having a blast with it and honestly I think this guide has me hooked on traps SO hard now. It's possible I'll follow your example and will be starting this from now on in every single league, you got me hooked real good, thanks man.
I need some help so far while I'm still leveling. I'm almost tempted to call this the worst leveling experience I've had in a long time, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Pathing all the way towards Glancing Blows is just gimping the hell out of me I feel; I'm just a fucking glass cannon without the cannon
yea, what about it
"
Vennto wrote:
Wow... Just wow. I mean, the last two pages of this guide are simply embarassing. So you guys are presented with an in-septh guide with different tree setups, different sections of budget,medium and endgame gear, comprehensive notes for every gem-setup and then you ignorw all of that gold-information, come here and call the GUIDE bad?

Sorry to be the one to tell you guys, but you are the ones being bad.

I literally never played anything apart from Pathfinder so I'm as new as it gets to traps myself and just simply following this guide I am already in red maps, I am level 88, got all 4 labs, got my first 8 Ex and had the most successful league start ever. Preparing to go low-life now as I seem to need a bit more damage for further content but so far I am running t12 120% corrupted maps with just easy going, only the bosses are hard. Tomorrow I'll pushing for t16 maps and my first sirus 3 days into the league. Real bad buid, sure guys... *face-palm*

So Low - Life is prepared and will be done tomorrow.

@Ostergreen: It's a really good guide AND an incredible build, don't let any1 else tell you differently. If people can't follow it its not your fault. I'm having a blast with it and honestly I think this guide has me hooked on traps SO hard now. It's possible I'll follow your example and will be starting this from now on in every single league, you got me hooked real good, thanks man.

2 things :)

First, I would totally try the trigger setup if I was you, when you swap and start farming T16s/end bosses.
It'll boost your dmg a lot vs endgame bosses. Even with the nerf to trigger craft from 4 sec to 8 sec, i'd just run Sniper's Mark and Wave of Conviction and then 3rd gem would be increased duration.. this will make your conviction debuff last 7.1 seconds, so it'll be close to a 100% uptime, even with the trigger nerf.

Second, I appreciate everything you said here.
I'm almost used to it by now that when a new league starts, people are so confused and don't take the time to read the notes.

So honestly, it's nice when someone says they followed the guide and had a good time doing it, because most of the time I only get that in private whispers/msgs and people generally don't go on a forum to post if everything is working great for them, they just grind and have fun.

Only towards the end of each league, they come around to summarize their experiences with the build and that's why I told ppl to read back the last 50 pages or so, and they'll quickly see what the summary was from everyone using the build in any former leagues.

Anyways:) thanks also to everyone that has been helping people with questions. I play 3-5 hours max on a daily basis, which I try to stream, especially at league starts to help out anyone struggling, but a lot of time, someones problem has already been answered in the guide notes.

I'm not the fastest leveler, especially not if I'm in a working week, but I always try to make sure to record all meaningful progress and give ppl a chance to see me level to maps and then beat the endgame, with the build.

I don't record my videos to "brag", there's no braggin' in clearing POE, I've done it 6 times with this build and I do it in my own pace, as time allows, only taking some pride in not dying much and building a character strong enough to clear anything POE has to offer.

My videos and my streams, are there so that anyone can come and ask a Q directly on stream or ask in YT comments, or simply chill/hang for a few hours and maybe learn a thing or two by just watching POE/trapper gameplay (since trappers in general are very underutilized, most ppl never tried it, which originally was why I wanted to create one).

So my point of posting acts 1-8 and then live streaming 8-10 + first few maps and showing that my death count is 0, with a <5c investment... it's actually not to brag *shock*.... it's to show people who are interested, including anyone that might not be a POE superman, so that he/she knows, ok well it's definitely do-able, clearly, so lemme re-read that guide or ask that question... instead of feeling helpless or complaining that the guide didn't carry him/her to Maven on day 2. :)

My character is always public, you can always anytime check my skill-tree and see what I'm doing in any fresh league.

My own first experience with PoE was some friends persuading me to try this "diablo-like game" they called it... they were playing HC, so that's where I started my first ever league in PoE (Harbinger).... Having no clue about the game, I decided I wanted to play an archer build... fast, ranged aaaaaand super squishy, perfect for HC ... well, I actually made it to lvl 55'ish and Kitava act 5 ... my friends then told me, nooo don't try that boss alone, you'll die, let us come do it for you, just stand back and we'll kill him ... right ok then ... apparently, even back in harbinger 3.0, the HP of bosses increased with the number of players and my mates didn't realize that, so lets just say I still ended up very dead and after a few more leagues trying all kinds of different builds and mostly getting my ass kicked, I decided I wanted something that could tank a few hits, screen-clear and be able to take down the endgame... without "help" from friends :P

So there's my background for eventually doing this trapper and why I take some pride in not dying too much, even if nowadays I only play SC with less hours available. :)

Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 19, 2021, 3:52:09 AM
hey im kind of a noob, I love lightning trap and the build so far but I have to be doing something wrong, I die alot. I know it isnt the builds fault, i think its probably my skill tree and gear, but what should I change? Thank you in advance
"
veigar69 wrote:
hey im kind of a noob, I love lightning trap and the build so far but I have to be doing something wrong, I die alot. I know it isnt the builds fault, i think its probably my skill tree and gear, but what should I change? Thank you in advance

No worries mate, this is what the forum is for :)
Ok, so there's actually a very straight-forward reason to your struggle.

You are full ES as far as I can tell, almost all your gear is only ES, but you haven't yet committed to either CI or Lowlife, so any Chaos damage you take will instantly kill you, as you have low hp and chaos damage will bypass your energy shield, unless you are either CI (chaos inoculation) or lowlife with a shavs tunic.

You also don't have Zealot's Oath, so you're regenerating life from your traps, not ES.. and since you don't really have life, only ES, you're dying then.

To solve that problem, I would continue to go full ES, as you already have, find better rings & an amulet, even just cheap ones at 1 chaos that has 40+ energy shield.

Then move around 3 points in your tree, 2 points to grab Chaos Inoculation and 1 point to grab Zealot's Oath. (Drop prodigal perfection for now and use those points and find 1 more or gain 1 level)

Hope it helps, hf :)

"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the guide first time playing miner/Low-life build so I have some questions on what I would get the most bang for my buck in terms of upgrades. I just picked up 5 link shavs but cannot afford prism guardian yet, so feel like im in a bit of a weird spot. If someone can take a quick look at my profile or pob (https://pastebin.com/k4xiSV4u) and give me some pointers, that would be great.

Definitely get the Pain Attunement node firstly and then reserve Zealotry with Arrogance, so that you're low-life and gaining the 30% more spell-dmg modifier (you need the sovereignty node in our tree for skill reserving). Next item I would get is a 3c Wise Oak flask (but make sure your lightning resist is the highest, or wise oak doesn't work), also roll your other flasks (remember you can beast craft suffixes on them).

If you're wondering what "big item" to get, you've got a couple to aim for (outside of prism guardian, which for the past 10 leagues was a 1-5c item lol)... presence of chayula amulet and thread of hope jewel (large ring). Both will do a lot. The amulet will increase your defences a lot(ES) and make you stun immune and the thread of hope will give you access to some big DPS nodes.
Last edited by oestergreen on Apr 19, 2021, 1:51:39 AM
"
First, I would totally try the trigger setup if I was you, when you swap and start farming T16s/end bosses.
It'll boost your dmg a lot vs endgame bosses. Even with the nerf to trigger craft from 4 sec to 8 sec, i'd just run Sniper's Mark and Wave of Conviction and then 3rd gem would be increased duration.. this will make your conviction debuff last 7.1 seconds, so it'll be close to a 100% uptime, even with the trigger nerf.

That´s a very appreciated tip, thanks! Right now I am doing it self-cast, and it is not really reliable as I am busy throwing traps, placing sigil of power, etc. Will help a lot I guess and it´s annoying that we lose the unnerve but not a big deal I guess. Will only wait for a newer wand with +1 gems as I expect this to boost the dps further.

"
Second, I appreciate everything you said here.
I'm almost used to it by now that when a new league starts, people are so confused and don't take the time to read the notes.

Exactly, and that´s my problem with it. I worked together with another player on another guide where I wrote the leveling-section and experienced first hand how people simply not even read the last 2-3 pages. Of course, no one can expect them to read all 100+, but they often don´t even TRY to make an effort. My advise in that cases: Just ignore them, from the moment I stopped answering every single question that was already written in the FAQ/Quide negative comments actually appeared less often ;-)

great guide, just now transitioning into LL. anyone know why Prism guardian is so ungodly expensive this league? was the rarity changed or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info