Incinerate

its not useless, once you've got it into the last stage its easier to clear mobs than most other skills...problem is constantly having to rebuild the stages.
"
Skronos wrote:
problem is constantly having to rebuild the stages.

Which is why it is useless.

The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
What about the added lightning damage sup-gem and satic-blows? Does it cascade the the debuf fast enough? I don`t have enough time right now to push another toon, but i`m quite curious if fast-casting, the constant casting of incinerate and static-blows could be worthwhile synergy.
"
Reclaw wrote:
What about the added lightning damage sup-gem and satic-blows? Does it cascade the the debuf fast enough? I don`t have enough time right now to push another toon, but i`m quite curious if fast-casting, the constant casting of incinerate and static-blows could be worthwhile synergy.

it is. the shortest duration shocking needs to last is 0.3 seconds, while the default cast time for incinerate is 0.15 seconds.

however, since you're dealing such little damage up until the last stage, you won't be shocking things with that much hp unless you go 100% dps.
HowCouldThisHappenToMee (Hardcore Talisman)
"
bassdoken wrote:
"
Reclaw wrote:

it is. the shortest duration shocking needs to last is 0.3 seconds, while the default cast time for incinerate is 0.15 seconds.

however, since you're dealing such little damage up until the last stage, you won't be shocking things with that much hp unless you go 100% dps.

This.
I don't know why people think Static Blows with low base DPS per projectile is so good, do they even know how Status Ailments work?

I'm able to Shock using a crit build with Critical Weakness though, the duration isn't very long though.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"
"
bassdoken wrote:
"
Reclaw wrote:

This.
I don't know why people think Static Blows with low base DPS per projectile is so good, do they even know how Status Ailments work?

I'm able to Shock using a crit build with Critical Weakness though, the duration isn't very long though.

My build can shock most mobs if I have them cursed, although the shock stacks generally only benefit myself.
Ohhhhhhhhh why, just why can Incinerate not crit?
"
Woodfist wrote:
Ohhhhhhhhh why, just why can Incinerate not crit?

I can think of 2 reasons:

1) It'd be on par with freezing pulse
2) Igniting enemies so frequently with Incinerate tends to crash my computer (not like it's bad or anything, I get a solid 60-100 fps unless party is full of arctic breath/gmp fireball people)
Do you guys/gals think it's worth it adding ignite chance if using a searing touch + burn damage nodes for 130% bonus burn damage? I'm trying to work out a templar(prefered) or witch dual spell totem build but having never played one not really sure what to use added with it. Actually does anybody here play an incinerate dual totem build and have some advice on what works well? Thanks!

Edit: Having used blind on two different characters I Really think this would help the totems. I've seen some dual totem build videos and the totems die fairly quickly. I'd think blind would work wonders here(my single fire totem/LMP/Blind lives for ages sometimes) and also add some defense for myself the odd time I'm targeted. Might allow them a large up time at stage 4?
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
Last edited by Teflondon1975 on Apr 1, 2013, 4:54:56 AM
Incinerate needs more damage for stages 1 and 2. Its TOO weak. Its not worth standing still for.

My Stats:
Incinerate gem level: 19 Quality: 20%
Cast Speed Increase: 30%
Character level: 77
Spell Damage: 160%+
Fire Penetration: 50%+
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Apr 1, 2013, 7:40:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info