Incinerate

"
h3rp3s wrote:
I think incinerate should have the time between levels reduced a little.

The damage in stages 1 and 2 do too little damage.

All they should do is divide the stage damage into smaller incriments, and have them applied every time incinerate is recast.

ie: 8% increased spell damage per cast, stacking up to 30 times.

Would be the same amount of damage in the end, but instead of the damage jumping higher in intervals, it would have a nice damage slope increasing the longer you cast it.

It would basically just introduce the damage faster, without actually making it do anymore damage.
Last edited by trenan on Mar 24, 2013, 3:33:26 AM
30 > 9, explain how that suggestion is faster that current =p
Quick question about incinerate's power ups, looking for hopefully a dev/someone at GGG confirmation on how it interacts with itself.

Do the power ups stack additively with themselves- resulting in a final stage dps of 340%...

Or do they stack multiplicitively- resulting in a final stage dps of 583.2%?

I know that the 'More' multipliers are multiplicitive, but the skill gem info doesn't state whether the 'More' multipliers are acting on the base damage only(which would result in the additive stacking) or the damage of the current stage(resulting in the multiplicitive stacking).

After using incinerate as my main skill since the release, my observations have lead me to believe it to be the former... however I still see a lot of people who think it is the latter.
i love being wrong x.x
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Mar 24, 2013, 11:19:39 PM
Incinerate has only one more damage modifier. The value of that modifier changes each stage. At the first stage it has 0% more damage. At the second stage it has 80% more damage. At the third stage it has 160% more damage, and at the fourth stage it has 240% more damage.
It's not adding another modifier each stage, it's changing the value of the one modifier the skill has.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 24, 2013, 9:18:56 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Incinerate has only one more damage modifier. The value of that modifier changes each stage. At the first stage it has 0% more damage. At the second stage it has 80 more damage. At the third stage it has 160% more damage, and at the fourth stage it has 240% more damage.
It's not adding another modifier each stage, it's changing the value of the one modifier the skill has.

Awesome. Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, thanks!

I knew the stages multiplying based off the previous stage rather than the base would make the DPS numbers way too nuts not to notice.
Doing another try leveling a Witch with Incinerate. It's actually going pretty well so far. I'm currently level 26 with ~300 max mana, 107% increased mana regen, level 6 Clarity, and level 6 Incinerate linked with Faster Projectiles.

Ever since level 10, having Clarity at equal level to Incinerate plus some mana regen has been ALMOST enough to sustain the Incinerate. I can cast it plenty long enough to take out most any mob pack, and it kills quickly. The Faster Projectiles has been great because the 110% cost multiplier isn't actually doing anything, so I'm getting the range and a bit of damage basically for free.

Positioning is definitely important to good use of this spell. I've found it most effective in wide open areas due to the ability to freely go where I need to be. It also works quite well in narrow corridors, but only against melee enemies that have to come to you. I don't like it at all in small rooms - just running in is suicide but pulling mobs out of the room takes too long. So for those situations I've been using Spark+Fork to get by.

Incinerate does synergize pretty well with Arctic Armor, but the mana drain gets pretty bad. Pretty much impossible to use the two together until level 20 or so. Where I'm at now, casting both and popping a mana pot gives me ~5 seconds before running oom. Usually long enough to take out a semi-dangerous rare, or get a lot of damage in on a boss.

Looking forward to adding LMP and Faster Casting when my mana can support it, but I don't think that will be for a while yet. Depends on how well the Mana Leech support works with this, I'll be trying that as soon as I hit 31.
This has become one of my favorite skills, but I've grown increasingly disappointed with the fact that it makes so many other skills less useful or not worth using at all because they can't be recast every few seconds. I feel like the intention with Incinerate was to limit movement, and not to limit the usefulness of other skills, and in that sense Incinerate is really not working the way it should.

Damage stages should be lost on movement, just like they are now, but they shouldn't be immediately lost when other skills are used. Instead, have the number of casts required to advance to the current stage count down at twice the normal casting rate during the casting time of any other skill used. This would allow the caster to interweave other skills with Incinerate if they're fast enough.

Damage stages should not be lost at all when switching between different Incinerate gems. This cannot be overstated.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Have a lvl 50 BM incinerate marauder...going well, life regen is high enough to the point that casting incinerate doesnt cost anything, this includes LMP and added chaos damage support.

Obviously with incinerate movement is an issue, and I've found myself in multiple situations where I've needed to take a few more steps to reach a group of mobs (waiting for them is just tedious). This obviously interrupts my casting and have to start the stage process again.

It would be nice if the stages would decrease every couple of seconds after you've finished casting Incinerate, rather than having to start again. So its like a pyramid, if you get my drift. Then recasting Incinerate would start off from the stage it has dropped to. So theoretically you could start casting from stage 2, rather than from the start, increasing Incinerate builds' speed of clearing mobs.
USELESS SKILL IS USELSSS.

This is the most useless skill in the history of skills.

The uselesssness is so useless that I am surprsied anyone has actually used it.

It suxs so bad.

Totally useless.

The damage. Useless.

The charge up time. Useless.

The range. Useless.

The skill? Useless.

Please revamp this skill.

Give us an inferno type fireball in front of us where you hold and it does tonnes of damage. Not stupid damage over time.

Give us a meteor type burn.

Give us firewall.

Give us ANYTHING but this useless skill.

Useless skill is uselesss.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info