Incinerate

"
Anyway, if you're just complaining about the spell, please calm your tits. It was just released, give it some time. Still beta guys. Still beta.

Nobody has so much as sworn in this thread. You know what the biggest threat to a beta is? It's when people regard feedback as complaints and create a culture of "don't say anything negative." This is the feedback thread for the skill in question, in the beta skill feedback forum. What did you expect to find?
Who gets this skill and at what level? I want to test it out.
You get it at level 10 off the Brutus quest with at least Witch and probably Shadow and Templar as well.

The whole design behind these ultra-fast damage packets is broken because of how some of the fundamental combat mechanics require large instances of damage in order to be effective. You just can't Stun, Freeze, Shock or Ignite with spells like these, and any form of additional flat damage is also pretty useless because of the 20% damage effectiveness.

The lack of crit must be a bug, there's no other explanation there. I'm a little worried, though, because this all suggests that the spell literally hasn't been tested at all. Nobody can possibly have tried Incinerate and felt that it was alright. Ten seconds of testing made it glaringly clear to me that the skill is fundamentally broken.

I guess you could stick it in a totem, but I like to think that skills aren't designed for this sole purpose. We already have Flame Totem which is pretty much the same, and no skill should be so bad that the only way to use it at all is to totem it.

Incinerate needs the following:

1) Mana cost cut by at least 75%. Seriously. It currently isn't a usable spell because it costs way, way more mana per second than any build can ever possibly get close to sustaining. Base mana cost should start at 1 and go up by 0.2 per level. Base cast speed is 0.16, so the displayed mana cost is multiplied by 6.25 (or more with faster cast speed).

2) Give it a crit chance and change the cast speed to 0.30, maybe even 0.40, and raise the damage per cast accordingly. Mana cost would only need to be cut by like half in this case. Also, it's time to change Ignite to let it stack so skills like Incinerate and Firestorm can get something out of this mechanic.

3) Increase its range by about double. It's so small right now that you're literally tanking anything you're casting on. Coupled with the emphasis on standing still, it really needs a longer range or it's just not going to be usable in the current gameplay environment. It just isn't possible to stand still for extended periods of time, and especially not with a spell that has only slightly more range than Cleave.
Last edited by engqvist85 on Mar 7, 2013, 9:05:41 PM
Witch @ Brutus normal
Completed 8/8 Challenges Ons/Ana
8/8 Challenges Nem/Dom #1 Templar Nem/Dom
6/8 Challenges Invasion/Ambush #1 Templar 2 Week Race
8/8 Challenges Beyond/Rampage & Bloodlines/Torment #1 Templar BL (lvl100)
IGN: BeerBeastTheBurninator | 8/8 Temp/Warb | 32/32 TalismanHC | 40/40 PerandusHC
guess it's time to try this "useless" skill and make it op! ^^
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I have questions concerning the skill.

- Does the first stage count for the 80% more damage bonus?

- Do each 80% more damage bonus multiply themselves or add to each other? ( 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8 or 1.8 + 0.8 + 0.8)

-Is the speed at which you go through the stage based on the amount of cast you do per seconds? Will adding Faster Casting to the gem make it go to stage 4 more rapidly?

-How many cast/seconds is required to go though a stage at the base?

-How long can we not cast the skill without losing that stage bonus?
My EB templar has no problems with mana on this skill so far, his mana number doesn't even move but I guess having 200 mana regen will do that :P
IGN~~VellyBelly
"
Veshkiidryn wrote:
My EB templar has no problems with mana on this skill so far, his mana number doesn't even move but I guess having 200 mana regen will do that :P

Hope you don't mind my asking, how did you manage 200?
Edit: Ah yes, Eldritch battery, I completely read over those two letters...

To add something relevant to the thread:

Using Incinerate linked up with Knockback is hilarious, and extremely fun.
I'll give GGG that, they aced this skill when it comes to the fun factor!

Last edited by Dechef on Mar 7, 2013, 9:19:56 PM
"
Dechef wrote:
"
Veshkiidryn wrote:

Hope you don't mind my asking, how did you manage 200?

To add something relevant to the thread:

Using Incinerate linked up with Knockback is hilarious, and extremely fun.
I'll give GGG that, they aced this skill when it comes to the fun factor!

Like he said - EB (eldrich battery).

From the early feedback and reports and my own testing, it seems this skill is only viable linked to spell totem, knockback or both. Still no word on if the 0% crit chance is a bug.

Edit - There is another bug though. The tooltip appears to only show level 1 damage values. I currently have it at level 5 (+1 from gear mods) and it the tooltip is showing level 1 numbers.
Last edited by JonnyMonroe on Mar 7, 2013, 9:14:18 PM
"
Veshkiidryn wrote:

So you got the spell to level 20 in 15minutes?

Ye exactely, you didnt. And this spell isnt like FP, you cast it more often that you do with other spells since youre pretty much holding the button and it gets triggered like 5times a second. I am pretty sure that you will run out of mana with a level 20 gem that has 5 supports attached to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info