Incinerate

Still see very little reason (I have 20% Lvl 17 Incinerate ATM) to use this over Fireball or Firestorm, but it's so good with Blind, makes non-caster map bosses useless so easily and the easy blind stacking is amazing for keeping my Firestorm totem alive.

I still stand by my point that at least 1% or 0.5% critical strike chance would be nice.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 18, 2013, 5:20:41 PM
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
trenan wrote:

Believe it or not, some people prefer to play the game without cupping the genitals of "streamers" who think they are hardcore, or have any more accurate information than the rest of the general public.

Stick to your cookie cutter guides girls, I hear its the most exciting way to play the game.

a wild buttmad hipster appears

quick! someone insulted the streamers! everyone jump him!

translation: "i think streamers are gods gift to gamers. I gargle their nuts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner" -ultrahiangle
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
Still see very little reason (I have 20% Lvl 17 Incinerate ATM) to use this over Fireball or Firestorm, but it's so good with Blind, makes non-caster map bosses useless so easily and the easy blind stacking is amazing for keeping my Firestorm totem alive.

I still stand by my point that at least 1% or 0.5% critical strike chance would be nice.

imo there are 2 problems with crits on this spells:
surgical flasks and (when they are re-introduced) 100%crit chance flasks.

"
shroudb wrote:
"

imo there are 2 problems with crits on this spells:
surgical flasks and (when they are re-introduced) 100%crit chance flasks.

Never thought about that actually, good point.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"
Invalesco wrote:
some feedback on incinerate, not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the particle effects need to be made less opaque. In solo it is annoying enough as you can't see the mobs you're fighting when you have LMP + Incinerate, but in parties it's even worse as you're obscuring the vision of your party members as well which is potentially deadly.

Lightning warp + Incinerate is an interesting combo. Casting lightning warp then casting incinerate to charge it up ensures that it's charged up upon reaching your new destination.

It would make it nicer though if it took a shorter time to charge up or if incinerate remained charged up as long as you don't move (even after you stop casting)

This exactly. The graphic is insane and needs to be toned down. Once this is done I can feel comfortable playing my Incinerator :)
IGN: Hochep
Easily my favorite skill gem in the game.

It has obvious shortcomings early on, but nothing that I haven't been able to overcome so far.

Currently a lvl 56 Blood Magic Marauder in HC. Using it with LMP, life leech, and faster casting. Unwavering Stance and Wanderlust boots (for a while, until I got max cold resist) to prevent from being interrupted.

Incinerate + Knockback (through either passives, support gem or Projectile Weakness curse) = immunity to meelee damage. Trapping meelee rares against walls is too much fun! Blind worked OK too, until I got Unwavering Stance of course.

The biggest drawback so far IMO is not being able to see what's going on underneath my enormous cone of flame, but I've learned to just wait for the screams to stop :)

The stalemate issue against ele resist + life leech monsters is also somewhat annoying; giving Incinerate infinite stages (i.e. 80% more damage every X casts) would be an awesome solution to this. Who needs crit?

I'll update on my progress once I have flambéd Piety - not sure how viable this is going to be in maps, though. Nasty ranged mobs are definitely a big weakness; levelling up Firestorm for those.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Mar 21, 2013, 1:02:11 PM
"
demivion wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
trenan wrote:

Believe it or not, some people prefer to play the game without cupping the genitals of "streamers" who think they are hardcore, or have any more accurate information than the rest of the general public.

Stick to your cookie cutter guides girls, I hear its the most exciting way to play the game.

a wild buttmad hipster appears

quick! someone insulted the streamers! everyone jump him!

translation: "i think streamers are gods gift to gamers. I gargle their nuts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner" -ultrahiangle

You guys crack me up, thanks for the LULZ. I agree, and faced similar hate for liking cyclone before people figured out it was actually pretty cool. Now I think cyclone is SO last week. SCOFF!

No, but seriously, can't wait to test this skill out, I don't get a lot of gaming time and I've been too busy proving cyclone works ;P

But I was thinking, due to the high mana costs (and this was mentioned once before), that these are great incinerator gloves:

And I have this staff which should also help, for a good bit of the main game:

So this oughta be fun! Although gaining back some of the cast speed takes away the glove's overall effect of reducing mana costs somewhat, but the amped fire damage is great. I wonder if I could leave the Incinerate gem at a pretty damn low level with those two pieces of gear on?

-Aaron
"
Fightgarr wrote:
Easily my favorite skill gem in the game.

It has obvious shortcomings early on, but nothing that I haven't been able to overcome so far.

Currently a lvl 56 Blood Magic Marauder in HC. Using it with LMP, life leech, and faster casting. Unwavering Stance and Wanderlust boots (for a while, until I got max cold resist) to prevent from being interrupted.

Incinerate + Knockback (through either passives, support gem or Projectile Weakness curse) = immunity to meelee damage. Trapping meelee rares against walls is too much fun! Blind worked OK too, until I got Unwavering Stance of course.

The biggest drawback so far IMO is not being able to see what's going on underneath my enormous cone of flame, but I've learned to just wait for the screams to stop :)

The stalemate issue against ele resist + life leech monsters is also somewhat annoying; giving Incinerate infinite stages (i.e. 80% more damage every X casts) would be an awesome solution to this. Who needs crit?

I'll update on my progress once I have flambéd Piety - not sure how viable this is going to be in maps, though. Nasty ranged mobs are definitely a big weakness; levelling up Firestorm for those.

I did the same exactly but starting templar. The only issue I had is that as soon as I slotted in quality fireball/elemental proliferation/lmp/iron will(instead of incinerate) my efficiency went up :( lol. One cast into a room in merciless and the entire room burns to cinders with a high damage ignite. Not only that but you can cast it off screen. I think you can ultimately work up to a super efficient skill but it will take some serious work and at Least a 5L. Still working with it though :)

"
aaronsan wrote:

You guys crack me up, thanks for the LULZ. I agree, and faced similar hate for liking cyclone before people figured out it was actually pretty cool. Now I think cyclone is SO last week. SCOFF!

No, but seriously, can't wait to test this skill out, I don't get a lot of gaming time and I've been too busy proving cyclone works ;P

But I was thinking, due to the high mana costs (and this was mentioned once before), that these are great incinerator gloves:

So this oughta be fun! Although gaining back some of the cast speed takes away the glove's overall effect of reducing mana costs somewhat, but the amped fire damage is great. I wonder if I could leave the Incinerate gem at a pretty damn low level with those two pieces of gear on?

-Aaron

Aaron, the staff is pretty end game as well actually. Or more specifically a better rolled/slot/linked version of it but the Searing touch is pretty amazing. The burn obviously adds nothing to incinerate(one of the only real reasons I was a touch disappointed, it totally negates fires status ailment) The gloves I tried as well and they are a great boost early game. Once you have some serious fire/spell bonus the actual boost % is less of your total and you'd want the higher cast speed then anyhow. Definitely nice to start though :)
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
"
Teflondon1975 wrote:

"
aaronsan wrote:

-Aaron

Aaron, the staff is pretty end game as well actually. Or more specifically a better rolled/slot/linked version of it but the Searing touch is pretty amazing. The burn obviously adds nothing to incinerate(one of the only real reasons I was a touch disappointed, it totally negates fires status ailment) The gloves I tried as well and they are a great boost early game. Once you have some serious fire/spell bonus the actual boost % is less of your total and you'd want the higher cast speed then anyhow. Definitely nice to start though :)

Yeah it's pretty awesome and I will discard the gloves later but for now their overall effect of slight mana savings and slight damage increase are vital on this skill.

On Brutus and Merveil I just sat there and torched, tapping flasks as necessary. It was so awesome. High mana costs though and I am not going blood magic with my witch, but I think I can flask and skill up to keep up with the mana. And I'll work on this staff when I have need to.

Does incinerate cause a lot of disconnects? I was having a horrible time this morning, not sure if it was the skill or just my connection or something. Since 50% of them were when I was in town or not fighting yet, I guess it's not the skill but it's worth asking.

-Aaron
I think incinerate should have the time between levels reduced a little.

The damage in stages 1 and 2 do too little damage.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info