Incinerate

"
RedShades wrote:

Critical weakness gives a flat 5-9% additional crit chance, it doesn't multiply with the base.

I just tested a level 1 incinerate with a level 1 critical weakness on the mobs and I was getting crits.

Holy shiet.. Time to strap on Vall's protector. This is going to be awesome!
"

That won't work. The only crit you can get out of Incinerate is what's provided by Critical Weakness. You can't multiply that chance.
caster casting and mana recovery, now curse+volls works. but thats just a tiny thing
"
Jakabov wrote:
"

That won't work. The only crit you can get out of Incinerate is what's provided by Critical Weakness. You can't multiply that chance.

Now I know why they gave it 0% crit chance :(

But even if vall's didnt workout, the crit chance is fairly good.

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
caster casting and mana recovery, now curse+volls works. but thats just a tiny thing

Using EB makes the 50% less mana cost of Vall's really insignificant (you still get mana for 100% of you ES). Some GGG guy once said that they didnt like to buff EB because the single most OP build they have ever seen used it and I am fairly sure it is something like a Vall's protector, EB, 6L some random really costly spell (without reduced mana or mana leach that would normaly be needed)

edit:spelling
Last edited by Grildrak on Mar 17, 2013, 7:25:12 AM
Now up to 53 and act 2 in Merciless on my new BM/Templar. Been using Incinerate(fireball switch out) firestorm and firetrap. Just starting to pick up my damage nodes now and with almost 150 life/s regen I can pretty much throw in anything I need for any of those three main spells. Only using 4L so far so Incinerate/faster projectiles/added lightning/Iron will(for testing sake I'm not using lmp yet) All but added lightning is quality 15+. I do not have static blows yet, added Light is just extra damage. Fireball/Faster proj/Iron Will/Elemental proliferation and again all quality. Firestorm I was only running FS/Concentrated effect. Firetrap was only Firetrap, nothing more. All being switched in and out of my 46/40 5L Searing touch. I have windscream boots so I can curse both flammability and/or elemental weakness/temp chains. Yes, I'm also aware that you can slot in knockback/blind etc...I'm only testing damages and the feel of them so far.

Incinerate just feels clunky to me :( I Want to enjoy it, but I'm just not...yet. The damage is OK but my Fireball combo once things spread burn around seem to die faster. Firestorm just completely hose F'ks incinerate so far at this level. Yeah sometimes you get a few misses but with conc effect often things just disappear. Firetrap, well....we all know what firetrap does when it is quality and is slotted in a Searing touch. It blows shit up lol. I can curse with just flammability on most normal mobs and chuck a firetrap...usually they all fall down. FAR faster than my incinerate.

I feel like I'm back in the fire dept and playing a joke, sitting on the back of the truck hosing somebody down. Yeah, it hurts but it's more funny than anything. All three of my other skills feel less clunky, kills faster and Definitely safer as I have full mobility/range as well. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here actually :P Build shouldn't have anything to do with it. All of these skills would seem poor if that was the case. Outside of burn nodes/etc of course! Build Here.

I dunno, it's fun. I want to like it; love it even. But I can't so far. I'll keep going, see what happens when I get some big nodes like static blows etc but really you can use that for FS as well. Maybe a wider cone like FP? Maybe slightly higher start damage but same top end? Honestly I think it would have been cool if it was more like a cone of cold from DnD starting small and wider cone at the end @shrugs@ with no ability for lmp/gmp though or it would be a little silly haha.
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
"
Grildrak wrote:

Using EB makes the 50% less mana cost of Vall's really insignificant (you still get mana for 100% of you ES). Some GGG guy ones said that they didnt like to buff EB because the single most OP build they have ever seen used it and I am fairly sure it is something like a Vall's protector, EB, 6L some random really costly spell (without reduced mana or mana leach that would normaly be needed)

Firestorm has crit though, I'd wager it would work fairly well with that. When Firestorm crits things die good.
Last edited by Teflondon1975 on Mar 17, 2013, 6:03:58 AM
some feedback on incinerate, not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the particle effects need to be made less opaque. In solo it is annoying enough as you can't see the mobs you're fighting when you have LMP + Incinerate, but in parties it's even worse as you're obscuring the vision of your party members as well which is potentially deadly.

Lightning warp + Incinerate is an interesting combo. Casting lightning warp then casting incinerate to charge it up ensures that it's charged up upon reaching your new destination.

It would make it nicer though if it took a shorter time to charge up or if incinerate remained charged up as long as you don't move (even after you stop casting)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
works really well in my fire crit/sub summoner build as a totem with blind. It is very effective behind a line of zombies, or shutting down a door. My dps goes through the roof on a target with this totem pointed at them while they are eating fireball shotguns, leading quickly to a culling strike firestorm.

Really like this spell as a support spell. Could see problems trying to build around the spell though.
Hey...is this thing on?
Small update with my newer fire templar. Sitting at 59 now with a few more pieces of kit and 9 more skill points. Fireball + elemental proliferation is still far more efficient for me. Even on this very tanky build it's significantly safer to just launch a few FireB/LMP/Ele Prol/FirePen from across the map and watch the world burn. Even with Quality incin/faster projectiles/Karui ward I have to be close enough that I'm bound to be hit by something with how long it takes to ramp up to final stage. I Still do not have static blows though so we'll see! The further along I go with this guy(and tested on my shadow crit build to) the more it seems like this spell just takes a TON of supports to make it shine when compared to the competition. Still going though :)
"
trenan wrote:

Believe it or not, some people prefer to play the game without cupping the genitals of "streamers" who think they are hardcore, or have any more accurate information than the rest of the general public.

Stick to your cookie cutter guides girls, I hear its the most exciting way to play the game.

a wild buttmad hipster appears
ign = ultrahiangle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info