Incinerate

"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
JonnyMonroe wrote:
level 18 added lightning does 5-86, so it averages ~45 a hit. at stage 4 on incinerate that's

45*0.2*1.8*1.8*1.8 = ~52 a hit. Just a little over it's normal damage. On a tiny cast time.

So yeah, added damage gems are fine with incinerate. Don't expect to shock anything in multiplayer, but even without shock this will get you pretty far.

is it confirmed that u mutliply ur dmg by 1.8 3 seperate times for the stages and not by 3.4 for stage 4?

just wondering.

It has to be because I leech 20% of my max life (around 570) per second with a 6% life leech gem. Doing the math, I'm doing a minimum of 9.7k dps to leech that much. Unless my math is wrong here.
HowCouldThisHappenToMee (Hardcore Talisman)
"
Draftbeer wrote:
"
magicrules wrote:
I dont see this shock you guys are talking about. I have static blows and lightning dmg on the skill, but it dont appear to be shocking.

Same here, I think trenan is just talking BS.
Lv 56... 6-10k DPS... seems legit.

Guess im still doing things wrong, right now I am lvl 70 and my incinerate dps is like 600-700, but I dont have chaos dmg added to it yet... Cant out regen the use if i add chaos onto it right now...
"
bassdoken wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
JonnyMonroe wrote:
level 18 added lightning does 5-86, so it averages ~45 a hit. at stage 4 on incinerate that's

45*0.2*1.8*1.8*1.8 = ~52 a hit. Just a little over it's normal damage. On a tiny cast time.

So yeah, added damage gems are fine with incinerate. Don't expect to shock anything in multiplayer, but even without shock this will get you pretty far.

is it confirmed that u mutliply ur dmg by 1.8 3 seperate times for the stages and not by 3.4 for stage 4?

just wondering.

It has to be because I leech 20% of my max life (around 570) per second with a 6% life leech gem. Doing the math, I'm doing a minimum of 9.7k dps to leech that much. Unless my math is wrong here.

if its really 1.8*1.8*1.8 ill be doing ~30k dps when i get incinerate to lvl 19 at stage 4. (without shock)
ign = ultrahiangle
Is the tooltip dps the stage 1 dps? If yes, wow.
"
bassdoken wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
JonnyMonroe wrote:

just wondering.

My testing has shown that it is multiplied seperately as well.

It was a simple test.

Find a mob, count the stage 1 incinerates till it died. Find the same mob, count the stage 4 incinerates till it died. The results:

15 stage 1 incinerates to kill the mob.

3 stage 4 incinerates to kill the same mob.

Roughly 5 times damage, which is the equivelent of 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8 or *5.4
"
sirianstar wrote:
LMP is .7 not .9

so 18.8k theoretical max damage with 3 shock stacks.

also u should remember that ur single target dps will be 6267,8

Wrong...

LMP is....

.7 * 1.38 = 0.966, I was being generous.

You forgot that at level 20 LMP gets 38% of its damage back.
"

All theorycraft and no screenshot of your OFFENSE tab in your character info page or even your passive tree at least. *yawn*

and LMP is NOT .9 gj

I wrote a guide in the Witch forums explaining everything, why should I have to cater to you?

LMP gets most of its damage back when its fully leveled, you clearly know very little.
"
Draftbeer wrote:
"
magicrules wrote:
I dont see this shock you guys are talking about. I have static blows and lightning dmg on the skill, but it dont appear to be shocking.

Same here, I think trenan is just talking BS.
Lv 56... 6-10k DPS... sounds legit. <insert trollface>

Sigh.. honestly guys, wtf is your issue?

Magicrules, if you provided information about your character, it would be helpful to understand why you aren't shocking. My guess.... low level LMP/GMP gem + no lightning/spell/elmental damage increases, I did not need elemental weakness but if your lightning damage is low, it would help out.

As for Draftbeer, the DPS of the skill is pretty simple to calculate when you actually understand how much damage the 4 Stages gives.

A 2,000 DPS stage 1 tooltip, will be something like 8-10.5k DPS at stage 4.

This is without calculating in shock damage, which would more than double it.
"
trenan wrote:

Wrong...

LMP is....

.7 * 1.38 = 0.966, I was being generous.

You forgot that at level 20 LMP gets 38% of its damage back.

You are mixing "less damage" with "increased damage".
less works can be mixed with more. reduced with increased.
"
trenan wrote:
"

All theorycraft and no screenshot of your OFFENSE tab in your character info page or even your passive tree at least. *yawn*

and LMP is NOT .9 gj

I wrote a guide in the Witch forums explaining everything, why should I have to cater to you?

LMP gets most of its damage back when its fully leveled, you clearly know very little.

You have a fully leveled LMP at Lvl 56? :D
Stop the smartass act when you clearly can't get your own facts right, and please don't start anymore BS like you factored in max level LMP in your calculation since you've already used a mid-level added lightning damage in the same calculation.

and because you need it spelled out to you, the highest level of LMP you could have at your level could only give you 0.7*1.26 = 0.882 = 88.2% damage per projectile.

Again no screenshot and only BS. There must be a reason why you can't provide a screenshot unless pressing the screenshot button and uploading it proves to be too difficult for someone of your caliber, which isn't surprising.

You have a guide? You mean that guide that uses 80 points without a single point in ES with a *ahem* INCINERATE build? The one where most of the replies don't agree with you? Great guide. I'm glad you don't cater to me with your foolishness.

Again, get off your high horse and stop acting like a smartass when you can't even get your own facts right shitty scrub. You still have yet to prove anything so I'm done here, trash.

I could've maybe showed you where your calculations are horribly wrong or even helped you make Incinerate even more efficient yet you keep showing your stupidity with your superior complex, unfortunately.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 15, 2013, 4:45:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info