Incinerate

"
"
trenan wrote:

considering i can get 30k dps easy, then shotgun it with LMP for 75k DPS, add in constant critical strike.... and boom you got 100k dps.

Someone doesn't realize that added lightning damage + static blows = 10k DPS from just the gem damage itself. Owell...

Show me screenshots of your current DPS then, or videos of how well you're performing with it.
I can use Critical Weakness with my 500% multiplier (not including the *1.8 from my 9% quality CW) and the damage is still pathetic compared to FP or Fireball. I'm a tri-ele crit build just so you know.

Please get off your high horse.

If you dont have around 300% damage for fire/cold/lightning, you will not understand my damage.

Incinerate -> Faster Cast -> Added Lightning -> Added Chaos -> Added Cold

if your Incinerate cast speed is not 0.1 or faster, you will not understand my damage

if you are not dual curse, with Elemental Weakness, and Frostbite, you will not understand my damage

With the above stats your Incinerate will be doing..... 25k-30k DPS.(At level 20+ gems)

Your incinerate damage ticks will STUN mobs, it will SHOCK mobs, and it will FREEZE mobs. Regardless of difficulty, party size, resist mob, or Map level.
Last edited by trenan on Mar 15, 2013, 4:11:50 AM
"
bassdoken wrote:
"
Just wish this had at least 1% critical strike chance, even 0.5% or 0.1% would be fine. Then maybe people will stop saying Flame Totem does everything better (which it does, since it can crit and LMP/GMP is easier to shotgun with on it than Incinerate)

How much does a flame totem do with GMP? When I get Incinerate to step 4, I deal around 12k damage (before resistances).

Actually the best DPS for flame totem is GMP + LMP + Added Chaos + Faster Cast + Added Lightning

I would estimate with the right curses, 10-20k DPS

Flame Totem stacks all projectiles, meaning GMP + LMP makes everything hit 7 times on the same target. Gem could reach potentially.... 36-45 top end damage on flame totem. Flame totem itself can push like 90-100 damage with fire.

so...

90(fire) + 30(chaos) + 20(lightning) = 140 total per projectile

Getting flame totem cast speed to 0.06 is pretty easy, so lets say max 0.05, so thats 20 casts per second.

170 x 7 projectiles = 1190 damage a cast.

1190 damage x 20 casts a second = 23,800 DPS, gotta subtract a few top end from GMP/LMP,

so lets say... 19k DPS. If you had Shock stacks plus double negative resist curses, that would be like ... x2.4 damage, so.... 40k DPS on the safe side?

Yeah, flame totem is a beast.

This is because added damage gems are flat damage, meaning cast/attack speed is king. Since flame totem and incinerate attack so fast already, these gems add insane DPS.

Last edited by trenan on Mar 15, 2013, 4:30:11 AM
"
trenan wrote:
"
"
trenan wrote:

considering i can get 30k dps easy, then shotgun it with LMP for 75k DPS, add in constant critical strike.... and boom you got 100k dps.

Someone doesn't realize that added lightning damage + static blows = 10k DPS from just the gem damage itself. Owell...

Show me screenshots of your current DPS then, or videos of how well you're performing with it.
I can use Critical Weakness with my 500% multiplier (not including the *1.8 from my 9% quality CW) and the damage is still pathetic compared to FP or Fireball. I'm a tri-ele crit build just so you know.

Please get off your high horse.

If you dont have around 300% damage for fire/cold/lightning, you will not understand my damage.

Incinerate -> Faster Cast -> Added Lightning -> Added Chaos -> Added Cold

if your Incinerate cast speed is not 0.1 or faster, you will not understand my damage

if you are not dual curse, with Elemental Weakness, and Frostbite, you will not understand my damage

With the above stats your Incinerate will be doing..... 25k-30k DPS.(At level 20+ gems)

Your incinerate damage ticks will STUN mobs, it will SHOCK mobs, and it will FREEZE mobs. Regardless of difficulty, party size, resist mob, or Map level.

So you haven't even tried it yourself and it's all theoretical/stuff you pulled out of your ass whilst you act like a smartass about it.

Well you sure showed me. /sarcasm
Again get off your high horse.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 15, 2013, 6:11:45 AM
"

So you haven't even tried it yourself and it's all theoretical/stuff you pulled out of your ass whilst you act like a smartass about it.

Lol, I am doing it right now...

at level 56 with only level 11-13 gems, my Incinerate is around 6,000-10,000 DPS.

I still have another 45% elemental damage to get as well as the higher scaling damage numbers from the level 14-20 gem ranks.

I use all the above stats, and all the effects I claim work, I apply to every mob I hit with incinerate.

I Stun, Shock, and Freeze, every single mob I hit, even when in full groups.

I also shock and freeze, rare(yellow) quality Monsters.

I did the math, on what my final numbers WILL BE, and I know they are on target, because they are already happening on my Incinerate.

I have 35 lightning damage being dealt every tick of my incinerate, on a level 13 added lightning gem. Level 13 gem is 1/2 the damage it deals at level 20. Plus im missing the 45% extra damage that will be applied to the gem from passives.

This means my stage 1 Lightning damage with level 20 gem, will infact, be 74.

My incinerate cast speed is already .1, so I know it will be 740 DPS.

I will also be getting CI and Blood Rage, to give me 3 frenzy charges, ontop of additional cast speed from cast speed support gem.

My incinerate cast speed will probably be .8 or .9 when im done.

11 casts per second at 74 damage = 814 DPS, increased by stage damage

814 DPS * stage 4 = 4070 DPS

4070 * 3 stack shock(static blows) = 8954 DPS

8954 DPS * .9 (LMP) = 8000 DPS

8000 DPS * 3 projectiles = 24,000 DPS

FROM A SINGLE LIGHTNING GEM
LMP is .7 not .9

so 18.8k theoretical max damage with 3 shock stacks.

also u should remember that ur single target dps will be 6267,8
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 15, 2013, 6:55:23 AM
"
trenan wrote:
"

Lol, I am doing it right now...

at level 56 with only level 11-13 gems, my Incinerate is around 6,000-10,000 DPS.

I still have another 45% elemental damage to get as well as the higher scaling damage numbers from the level 14-20 gem ranks.

I use all the above stats, and all the effects I claim work, I apply to every mob I hit with incinerate.

I Stun, Shock, and Freeze, every single mob I hit, even when in full groups.

I also shock and freeze, rare(yellow) quality Monsters.

I did the math, on what my final numbers WILL BE, and I know they are on target, because they are already happening on my Incinerate.

I have 35 lightning damage being dealt every tick of my incinerate, on a level 13 added lightning gem. Level 13 gem is 1/2 the damage it deals at level 20. Plus im missing the 45% extra damage that will be applied to the gem from passives.

This means my stage 1 Lightning damage with level 20 gem, will infact, be 74.

My incinerate cast speed is already .1, so I know it will be 740 DPS.

I will also be getting CI and Blood Rage, to give me 3 frenzy charges, ontop of additional cast speed from cast speed support gem.

My incinerate cast speed will probably be .8 or .9 when im done.

11 casts per second at 74 damage = 814 DPS, increased by stage damage

814 DPS * stage 4 = 4070 DPS

4070 * 3 stack shock(static blows) = 8954 DPS

8954 DPS * .9 (LMP) = 8000 DPS

8000 DPS * 3 projectiles = 24,000 DPS

FROM A SINGLE LIGHTNING GEM

All theorycraft and no screenshot of your OFFENSE tab in your character info page or even your passive tree at least. *yawn*

and LMP is NOT .9 gj

"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 15, 2013, 7:09:54 AM
I dont see this shock you guys are talking about. I have static blows and lightning dmg on the skill, but it dont appear to be shocking.
"
JonnyMonroe wrote:
level 18 added lightning does 5-86, so it averages ~45 a hit. at stage 4 on incinerate that's

45*0.2*1.8*1.8*1.8 = ~52 a hit. Just a little over it's normal damage. On a tiny cast time.

So yeah, added damage gems are fine with incinerate. Don't expect to shock anything in multiplayer, but even without shock this will get you pretty far.

is it confirmed that u mutliply ur dmg by 1.8 3 seperate times for the stages and not by 3.4 for stage 4?

just wondering.
ign = ultrahiangle
"
trenan wrote:

Quite frankly you are the reason why there is so much innaccurate information about the game floating in the forums.

id say the contrary, what level is your hc incinerator?
ign = ultrahiangle
"
magicrules wrote:
I dont see this shock you guys are talking about. I have static blows and lightning dmg on the skill, but it dont appear to be shocking.

Same here, I think trenan is just talking BS.
Lv 56... 6-10k DPS... sounds legit. <insert trollface>
IGN.: Space_Walrus, Wraeclast_Hobo, Draftbeer, Burnoloid
Last edited by Draftbeer on Mar 15, 2013, 1:13:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info