Incinerate

"
imr1212 wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:

My idea is moving via walking would instantly kill your "stage state" but as long as you are standing still you would maintain your "stage state" for 5 seconds or so after u stop casting. This would make doing things such as recasting molten shell and maintaing endurance charges way better. This would also allow the use of movement skills like leap slam, light warp, and whirl blades to be used to change location without losing your "stage state".

lol this would completely break the skill like I previously mentioned. If you can just whirling blades everywhere and kite using stage 4 incinerate, there's no point of having stages to begin with.

broken, as in still not half of what lightning arrow is?

whirling blades would require a caster dagger, (which is a sacrifice since they are mainly crit based, and incinerate can't crit)

weapon swapping would be very tedious, but doable and should be rewarded as such.
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Mar 13, 2013, 5:39:52 PM
"
ultrahiangle wrote:

broken, as in still not half of what lightning arrow is?

whirling blades would require a caster dagger, (which is a sacrifice since they are mainly crit based, and incinerate can't crit)

weapon swapping would be very tedious, but doable and should be rewarded as such.

lol best end game incinerate weapon can use leap slam (searing touch)
Well I decided to stop playing my crit based shadow fire caster and start from scratch using this along with fireball and firestorm. Started Templar and have not taken a single fire trait yet, grabbing all defensive and heading south to marauder tree and then eventually bloodmagic. Level 26 atm using a 5L searing touch but only using 3 of the links for Incinerate/faster projectiles/LMP and swapping in fireball for comparison. As I said before it does not, IMO, perform as good as either the fireball or even the zero support firestorm(all three have the +2 gem from searing touch) Firestorm Easily outkills this skill and my fireball works at least as well and for what? 1/3 the mana. @Shrugs@ Will keep leveling and see how it goes as I progress to med level.

PS Forgot to mention, I have a zero support fire trap in that staff as well and that just blows incinerate out of the water at this level. Nearly one shotting packs of whites and very quickly burning champs down as well. All for 30 mana.
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
good thing this isn't affected by inner force as of this post, because this skill has no buff.
I have one really big issue with this spell that I really hope GGG can address.

When using GMP with Incinerate I literally can't see anything in front of me.
Been trying to test this skill out. Maybe im doing it wrong but this is what I've got so far. My Maruader is lvl 39, this is the skill build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADjwUIBRxGS4ZhRo4GmwkqiftKU82ujboNuk6UkGqUEdQUFRJWGNZ818_cqmCm4ZghymMz5BVpzCnhKyqtQS53cAaxtjUj9-_42rkIudS7DjvDvIv9kj3Mvjr

Equips
Spoiler

I do not find anything good about the skill, I kill mobs 10x faster just swaping out the incenerate with FP. With blood magic and life leech im having troubles sustaining this skill, I have 1.7k hp.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Last edited by FullBlownDaddy on Mar 13, 2013, 11:07:16 PM
"
imr1212 wrote:
"
trenan wrote:

I agree, GMP/LMP are not helpful, nor do I think shotgun even works properly like everyone thinks.

I can't speak for people who aren't using it on totems, because I guess being very close is a survivability issue, but I've been running gmp+added lightning+spell totem+faster cast in low level maps, and I can assure you that there is a very big shotgun effect in stage 3 and 4.

I assure you its damage is far less than static blows, with added lightning, added chaos, added cold, even if it is hitting multiple times.

gmp + totem, is probably cutting its dps down by 2/3rds. Sure its fine if you want it as a support totem. As a primary source of damage, this is a horrible idea.

You will also get more damage from any other spell, especially flame totem, which is the same thing you made with spell totem + incinerate. Infact, flame totems dps will be atleast double your incinerate totem, meaning you should just switch, since you are just gimping yourself.

By stripping down its top end damage you are seriously hurting the spell so much. The spell is all about speed. .01 cast time is easy to reach, so the 50 damage you lose by putting GMP and Totem on it is like losing 500 dps from Stage 1. ends up being like 2500 dps in stage 4.
Last edited by trenan on Mar 14, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
trenan wrote:
most people are under the impression its...
Original damage * (1.8 + .8 + .8)
or rather 240% damage increase

Then most people are wrong :P
All 'More' type increases are separate, multiplicative multipliers. Every stage bonus will be its own 80% Damage multiplier.

I just confirmed this as well, assuming the description is accurate.

100 base damage:

Stage 2 = 180
Stage 3 = 324
Stage 4 = 583

However, they never said that the "more" aspect is seperate, the "more" could simply be addative within itself, and multiplied seperately later(240%).

I have my doubts the damage is near 500% increase. Although I suppose possible, which would make my final planned Incinerate DPS over 10k, which is within the realm of PoE damage outputs. so about 6k dps atm, it does melt merciless mobs pretty quick...

EDIT: After some piss poor testing, as I cannot actually tell my true damage. Via counting small damage hits to find roughly the max HP of a mob... I then charged up Rank 4 incinerate and killed them in 3 ticks.

Which would make the 500% damage increase, actually fairly accurate. Since it normally took 15 stage 1 ticks to kill them.
Last edited by trenan on Mar 14, 2013, 12:59:24 AM
"
trenan wrote:
I assure you its damage is far less than static blows, with added lightning, added chaos, added cold, even if it is hitting multiple times.

gmp + totem, is probably cutting its dps down by 2/3rds. Sure its fine if you want it as a support totem. As a primary source of damage, this is a horrible idea.

You will also get more damage from any other spell, especially flame totem, which is the same thing you made with spell totem + incinerate. Infact, flame totems dps will be atleast double your incinerate totem, meaning you should just switch, since you are just gimping yourself.

By stripping down its top end damage you are seriously hurting the spell so much. The spell is all about speed. .01 cast time is easy to reach, so the 50 damage you lose by putting GMP and Totem on it is like losing 500 dps from Stage 1. ends up being like 2500 dps in stage 4.

Ever think about using Iron Will instead of added cold? Or does your build not have a lot of str?

Right now I use Incinerate with blood magic, life leech, added chaos and GMP. I'm still a believer in the shotgun and since I'm not going for shock stacks going for more hits for less damage does not effect me much. I also duo curse elemental weakness and flammability.
Last edited by Lionguild on Mar 14, 2013, 1:30:50 AM
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
trenan wrote:

Ever think about using Iron Will instead of added cold? Or does your build not have a lot of str?

Right now I use Incinerate with blood magic, life leech, added chaos and GMP. I'm still a believer in the shotgun and since I'm not going for shock stacks going for more hits for less damage does not effect me much. I also duo curse elemental weakness and flammability.

My build has very little strength. Also by using life leech, and in some cases blood magic gem, you are removing 2 support gems which drastically increase the damage of the spell. Keep in mind I am talking about maximizing incinerates potential as an end game damage dealer. Also cast speed is must have so you can advance stages quicker.

The 80% more damage get applied to the "added" damage gems, meaning you can push upwards to 300 lightning, cold and chaos damage per tick(without negative resists. this is enough to apply status effects to a mob with 30,000 HP. Which is within the realm of end game map HP. Did i mention that added damage gems are casting at 10 times a second? .1 speed.

Static Blows is simply too much dps to lose, also with added cold and frostbite, I can freeze, yes FREEZE mobs. Anything that enters my stage 2+ incinerate is instantly shocked and stunlocked from freeze status. Aside from uniques and rares. I can do it to champions no problem.

Frostbite + Elemental weakness + ice nova totem = all the cc I need to incinerate without being attacked. It even stunlocks packs of mobs in full groups, which provides an enormous amount of safety to everyone.

Since I am tri-elemental build, every cold and lightning tick done by incinerate is amplified by my +cold/lightning damage nodes. My gems currently do double thier listed damage then you get to factor in elemental weakness + frostbite. Also for some reason, my +spell damage increases the added chaos damage, as I guess it gets classified as a spell, when linked to a spell. That or it has greater than 100% damage efficiency.

If at some point it becomes possible to maintian the ability to shock with LMP, I will probably use it to help AoE things down better.

In the end, the advantage comes from the fact that you can get nearly 5 times the listed damage from "added" gems, via stages. Which makes the 20% efficiency null and void as a hindrance. If it didnt have that 20% added gems would put the spell at like 75k dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info