Incinerate

"
the fact u need to stand still means this skill is too difficult for me to use
The design/mechanics of this skill are different from the two or three skills i know how to use well

1) Forces you to stand still in a game where doing so is difficult
2) Forces you to tank ranged characters due to poor range as a spell caster which is difficult
3) Has a ramp up time so u cant deal with other monsters as easily which means you are forced to 1) & 2) and learn to play
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
"
trenan wrote:

I agree, GMP/LMP are not helpful, nor do I think shotgun even works properly like everyone thinks.

I can't speak for people who aren't using it on totems, because I guess being very close is a survivability issue, but I've been running gmp+added lightning+spell totem+faster cast in low level maps, and I can assure you that there is a very big shotgun effect in stage 3 and 4.
running this skill on my lvl 84 hardcore char atm and it is ok. (makes me cringe because 90% of the comments in this thread come from people who don't really know what they are talking about)

one buff to it would be to only have stage resets after you move, so you are allowed to stop casting and use things such as enduring cry without having to "charge up" again after. this can also allow you to move around with lightning warp without losing your stage, would be interesting. i mainly suggest this because it is somewhat of a "facetank" skill and having to recharg after enduring cry is very annoying to say the least.

using, (have to test gmp again, only tested when i first used it but the forced big spread made it very unappealing)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS7ZYVcNkc7SIZ7NpzAUIFBHOlLfvxRxDjwGDmP9Ja0J9oZgVgRhUp_LYIgote9OQKCi6hLhBS3EWCfVYEt673TtJ-2sqlnzwBqQVaeEGjjsOFfiMokEswJxFE3wH6IAZp760jbp42okqhmFHRSPRtDQz2VVxhZv_c-nCNgkNsU22PFs7FUfApwth2UEB0yzLR9tGcHz8Xaio3_GHNxJOuOf1Bm8nyepWm0kPKdcSVE62C3S890=
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Mar 13, 2013, 9:54:53 AM
I have tested this as well on my BM Templar and I have to agree about enduring cry.
Loosing the stage charge is very annoying. Maybe a slight increase in the window before you lose stage would work, that way you could cast enduring cry, molten shell, lay down a trap, which would suit the stand still gameplay.

Also, I'm wondering how this spell works with elemental equilibrium?
It has been hard to test..
Does each tick of the spell make the target switch resistance, or is it the same channeling that matters?
I'm wondering because I usually use a frost nova totem to make them resistant vs cold and vulnerable against fire/lightning. But the frost nova pulses are quite slow, and if it's each tick from incinerate then we lose a lot of dps from going elemental equilibrium I think.

What are you thoughts?
My shop with various Legendary/Rare/Gems/Maps:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/627282

IGN: Missuses
I'm wondering if it would be best to put maybe

Blind, knockback, leech, incenerate, gmp

With maybe CI, ghostreaver kinda thing going on.

With eye of chula, some kinda can't be frozen item as well. (can't be interrupted).

This way if they get close chance to miss, and knockback just to keep them out of range, with it's natural cast speed, it's pretty good to have, the leech and gmp is just for survivablity.

You can probably tank very well as well.
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
running this skill on my lvl 84 hardcore char atm and it is ok. (makes me cringe because 90% of the comments in this thread come from people who don't really know what they are talking about)

one buff to it would be to only have stage resets after you move, so you are allowed to stop casting and use things such as enduring cry without having to "charge up" again after. this can also allow you to move around with lightning warp without losing your stage, would be interesting. i mainly suggest this because it is somewhat of a "facetank" skill and having to recharg after enduring cry is very annoying to say the least.

using, (have to test gmp again, only tested when i first used it but the forced big spread made it very unappealing)

I already suggested something that would work good with Incinerate:

Give the caster for every stage a 1,5 second period (Stage 4 = 4,5 seconds). For every passed 1,5s you lose one stage and have to build the lost stage up again. This enables the witch to use the full potential not just when staying around and can still cast an enduring cry between the Incinerate casts. Makes her much more mobile.
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:

Give the caster for every stage a 1,5 second period (Stage 4 = 4,5 seconds). For every passed 1,5s you lose one stage and have to build the lost stage up again. This enables the witch to use the full potential not just when staying around and can still cast an enduring cry between the Incinerate casts. Makes her much more mobile.

I like how the stage building is currently based on casts. I think your idea would make incinerate broken. All you have to do is have a sword on your alternate weapon set, hit stage 4, and use leap slam or whirling blades to reposition, and smash out your stage 4 again? You could essentially kite with stage 4 incinerate, which I doubt the devs would ever want to happen.
"
imr1212 wrote:
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:

I like how the stage building is currently based on casts. I think your idea would make incinerate broken. All you have to do is have a sword on your alternate weapon set, hit stage 4, and use leap slam or whirling blades to reposition, and smash out your stage 4 again? You could essentially kite with stage 4 incinerate, which I doubt the devs would ever want to happen.

My idea is moving via walking would instantly kill your "stage state" but as long as you are standing still you would maintain your "stage state" for 5 seconds or so after u stop casting. This would make doing things such as recasting molten shell and maintaing endurance charges way better. This would also allow the use of movement skills like leap slam, light warp, and whirl blades to be used to change location without losing your "stage state".
ign = ultrahiangle
"
ultrahiangle wrote:

My idea is moving via walking would instantly kill your "stage state" but as long as you are standing still you would maintain your "stage state" for 5 seconds or so after u stop casting. This would make doing things such as recasting molten shell and maintaing endurance charges way better. This would also allow the use of movement skills like leap slam, light warp, and whirl blades to be used to change location without losing your "stage state".

lol this would completely break the skill like I previously mentioned. If you can just whirling blades everywhere and kite using stage 4 incinerate, there's no point of having stages to begin with.
I'd like to be able to mix in other skills to SOME extent without losing all of the charges, but keeping charges as long as you don't actually move is probably too much. Instead, we could have a small window to use a different skill, so it would have to be a skill that casts very quickly. Or, we could lose 1 incinerate stage per 0.3 seconds spent casting a different skill.

I still really believe that switching between two different Incinerate gems shouldn't reset the stage.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info