Incinerate

Well, Q0 Incinerate and a lvl 10 Faster Projectiles gets me to the edge of the top/bottom screen. With Q20 and a lvl 20 Faster Projectiles you could probably start off-screening stuff with it.

Rather than knockback, I was thinking of Incinerate + Faster Projectiles + Blind + LMP + Mana Leech. 6L add in Iron Will I guess? or Added Lightning with Static Blows/Added Cold with Frost Bite. Added Lightning/Cold would increase mana costs compared to Iron Will though, but will give some nifty effects.
"
Zealflare wrote:
Well, Q0 Incinerate and a lvl 10 Faster Projectiles gets me to the edge of the top/bottom screen. With Q20 and a lvl 20 Faster Projectiles you could probably start off-screening stuff with it.

Rather than knockback, I was thinking of Incinerate + Faster Projectiles + Blind + LMP + Mana Leech. 6L add in Iron Will I guess? or Added Lightning with Static Blows/Added Cold with Frost Bite. Added Lightning/Cold would increase mana costs compared to Iron Will though, but will give some nifty effects.

I have tested blind, at rank 1 it works incredibly well, it will almost guarantee permanent blind.

Also, if you intend to use it as a primary damage source, Added Lightning or Added Chaos is an absolute must.

Because it is a flat added damage, the attack speed of the spell causes it to become very powerful, even at 20% efficiency.

It also allows you to bypass resist mobs. Currently with added lightning and static blows, I can kill resist mobs before I hit stage 3. This is simply because the added lightning damage is only 5 damage lower than the current fire damage. Which means ive nearly doubled the damage, and turned 1/2 of it into lightning, bypassing the fire resist. Now, "elemental resist" rares cause a few issues, but still the damage tends to be high enough to kill them relatively easily. Even faster if added chaos is used.

Now if you consider LMP, it reduces the damage by 1/3rd, but you can "presumably" hit 3 times, with the so called "shotgun" effect. I personally do not believe this works. A read from a GGG post somewhere that Multiple Projectiles cannot hit the same target twice, but this seems to get bypassed by some spells.

I have never seen an LMP at point blank range, ever kill anything faster than with LMP removed an replaced with Faster Projectiles. This was even at levels in which I could still get shock stacks with Static Blows using LMP.

The only benefit of LMP ive seen is a wider range to hit a bigger spread of enemies with.

Incinerate -> Faster Projectile -> Added Choas -> Added Lightning = really good dps, however the mana cost still sucks.
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
I tried out incinerate with LMP + knockback + faster projectiles. The effect is quite amazing, but I would say knockback is a must when using this skill to keep mobs off you while standing in one place.

Knockback is useless on Incinerate, since it basically just eats up a socket that could be used to increase its damage.

If you want to incinerate safely without being a facetanker, use frost nova totem + added lightning + cast speed + added cold.

Then just apply frostbite curse. Assuming you have static blows(which you should because its OP with incinerate). You can freeze lock everything in place while burning them down.

I am using a tri-elemental, dual curse, static blows with incinerate.

Temporal Chains + frostbite = perma CC while I kill them with Incinerate.

And I do mean kill them with incinerate, since i have +fire, +cold, +lightning, +spell, and +elemental. Frost Nova has enough damage to freeze for 3-5 seconds, added lightning has enough damage to shock with ease, and fire + shock stacks = incinerate melting faces.

Also, frost nova totem has enough damage efficiency to shock mobs via added lightning. So even if incinerate cant, the totem will.

Once I switch to Elemental Weakness + Frostbite, I'm sure my damage and shocking/freezing potential will grow even more.
"
Draftbeer wrote:
I don't see incinerate benefit from "+added whatever damage" supports,
the 20% damage effectiveness pretty much negates that.

You would be incredibly wrong about added damage. Not sure why people think the 20% efficiency is a big deal. Incinerate already has very low base damage, Added chaos damage gem is the equivalent of doubling the DPS of incinerate, since they will end up with the same amount of damage in the end.

It also allows you to bypass resist specific mobs, ie: fire resist, which is rampant in the game.

It also allows for shocks(and yes, you can achieve shocks at high levels).

I agree, GMP/LMP are not helpful, nor do I think shotgun even works properly like everyone thinks.

Putting incinerate on a totem is also bad form, anything that reduces incinerates base damage is incredibly detrimental to the skill.

40% less damage on it when its at 100 base damage, so... it now hits for 60ish damage(400 dps loss), not including resists. and say it casts at .09 a second, even getting +5 damage on it would increase it by nearly 60 dps(this also applies to removing 5 damage). Considering you could get an added lightning gem in there which can push close to +50-60 damage with passives, ur looking at atleast 600 dps added to the spell. Where as, fire pen, would bump the 100 fire damage a tick to maybe an extra 30.

or you could use elmenetal weakness, and push BOTH the fire and lightning damage higher, resulting in even greater DPS. Consider 120% damage from shocks.....
Last edited by trenan on Mar 12, 2013, 10:33:12 PM
Can someone confirm which way damage is calculated with this skill?

Is it

d(s) = 1.8*s*o

where d(s) = damage, s = damage step, and o = original damage

or

damage = original damage * 1.8 for step 2
damage = original damage * (1.8 + 0.8) for step 3
damage = original damage * (1.8 + 0.8 + 0.8) for step 4
HowCouldThisHappenToMee (Hardcore Talisman)
"
bassdoken wrote:
Can someone confirm which way damage is calculated with this skill?

Is it

d(s) = 1.8*s*o

where d(s) = damage, s = damage step, and o = original damage

or

damage = original damage * 1.8 for step 2
damage = original damage * (1.8 + 0.8) for step 3
damage = original damage * (1.8 + 0.8 + 0.8) for step 4

most people are under the impression its...

Original damage * (1.8 + .8 + .8)

or rather 240% damage increase
"
trenan wrote:

Then most people are wrong :P
All 'More' type increases are separate, multiplicative multipliers. Every stage bonus will be its own 80% Damage multiplier.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
trenan wrote:

Then most people are wrong :P
All 'More' type increases are separate, multiplicative multipliers. Every stage bonus will be its own 80% Damage multiplier.

Epic. If that is true, then my GMP incinerate does 12k damage at the 4th step before resistances.
the fact u need to stand still means this skill is useless regardless of damage
The design/mechanics of this skill are wrong on so many levels

1) Forces you to stand still in a game where its close to suicide
2) Forces you to tank ranged characters due to poor range as a spell caster which is suicide
3) Has a ramp up time so u cant quickly deal with other monsters which means you are forced to 1) & 2) and suicide
4) Resets when u move so u must do 1-3 again.

Suggestions:
1) Make the enhanced damage become a buff that lasts a few seconds after u finish casting so u can reposition yourself.
2) Lower the windup time by reducing number of stacks but increasing per stack bonus
3) i think the poor range is what makes it special so no need to fix here.

Last edited by H4xolotl on Mar 13, 2013, 1:23:29 AM
"

Suggestions:
1) Make the enhanced damage become a buff that lasts a few seconds after u finish casting so u can reposition yourself.
2) Lower the windup time by reducing number of stacks but increasing per stack bonus
3) i think the poor range is what makes it special so no need to fix here.

In response to 1:

You'd need diminishing returns on grace period between repositioning, as you could easily exploit that to maintain your 4th damage step by stutter stepping everywhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info