Incinerate

"
zehkal wrote:
I'm playing a marauder with basically nothing but hp and blood magic using a 6 link searing touch with Incinerate, Fire Pen, Iron Will, GMP, Faster Casting, Life Leech. Anything that comes within melee range melts instantly once it is fully ramped up. I have to be careful when dealing with ranged champions, namely the spike shooters from Lunaris. I think with a quality incinerate it would be a lot easier to deal with them. I also like using lightning warp at long range, start ramping up my incinerate, and bombing the enemy with it when the lightning warp finishes.

Faster Projectiles is a must. Even a level 1, 0% support will let you hit most ranged enemies without repositioning.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
zehkal wrote:
I'm playing a marauder with basically nothing but hp and blood magic using a 6 link searing touch with Incinerate, Fire Pen, Iron Will, GMP, Faster Casting, Life Leech. Anything that comes within melee range melts instantly once it is fully ramped up. I have to be careful when dealing with ranged champions, namely the spike shooters from Lunaris. I think with a quality incinerate it would be a lot easier to deal with them. I also like using lightning warp at long range, start ramping up my incinerate, and bombing the enemy with it when the lightning warp finishes.

Faster Projectiles is a must. Even a level 1, 0% support will let you hit most ranged enemies without repositioning.

use knockback than fire pen. you will see new world. lol you dont need warp.
or take knockback skill nodes
"
Teflondon1975 wrote:

Did you Seriously just call me that? I can appreciate that you're not a native English speaker but it's not MY fault if your posts are being mistaken with improper usage/syntax. I HAVE tried at low level, mid level and on my higher leveled character. Please...quote my post where I am crying? I double dare you lol. The onus is on YOU to make your posts understandable.

PS: Call me that again and I'll gladly report you

i swear
i didn't say i played HC merc.
i didn't say i am melting everything
you said this skill sucks without any proof and gameplay.
i said this skill isn't bad. i have played well until 40 level.
no one kicked me so far from party.
again, i am low level yet.
why do you judge anything before it begins?
maybe you tried this skill on your high leveled character.
and your build is made for other build and other skill not incinerate.
i dont think you used many regrets to make a build on incinerate.
and you cry because this skill sucks on your build.
don't even think every fire skills will work on your build.
and if you tried at low level and mid level,
you know this skill isn't bad at all at low, mid level.
yeah i dont know it is good or bad at high level.
at least i am leveling new character with this skill not trying on leveled character because i dont have regrets.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 11, 2013, 7:31:06 AM
"
Teflondon1975 wrote:
"
rsthrsdj wrote:

just watch the video and shut up of mana cost. i dont even use iron will or sadida blah or mana leech.

First of all, you are not @Melting@ anything in your videos. You can just as well with Fireball or firestorm, possibly even better. Second, if you tried to @Tank@ like that in cruel and especially merciless you'd be KO in seconds.

You can make incinerate work but the point many are trying to put forth is that it is simply Not better than Fireball or firestorm(and FAR lesser to skills like FP) and is much more dangerous without specifically built tank ish characters. Most of which I see here are bloodmagic marauders. I do Not think GGG's idea was for people to be re-rolling marauder/templar Bloodmagic casters to really take advantage of this skill.

No matter how many people come in and claim decent success with this skill the number would be far greater if we were talking about freeze pulse/spark/LA/etc. Regardless of what you do with this skill or fireball Or firestorm they will Never reach either freezing pulse nor sparks power and utility. Just not going to happen. It's a fun toy, it works pretty decent if you invest Heavily for it or very well geared for. But it still does not bring Fire up with the big boys @shrugs@

this.
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
zehkal wrote:

use knockback than fire pen. you will see new world. lol you dont need warp.
or take knockback skill nodes

i think this is the only combo that makes the skill viable:

incin+ fire pen, knockback, faster projectiles

but you will need uber mana regen still... like 70/sec

and this only really makes the spell good for single target dps (aka against bosses/uniques)

if u wanna make it your main attack, you probably need to fit lmp in there somewhere.. but that would be pretty difficult
Last edited by Darkfyre on Mar 11, 2013, 7:47:42 AM
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Teflondon1975 wrote:
"
rsthrsdj wrote:

just watch the video and shut up of mana cost. i dont even use iron will or sadida blah or mana leech.

First of all, you are not @Melting@ anything in your videos. You can just as well with Fireball or firestorm, possibly even better. Second, if you tried to @Tank@ like that in cruel and especially merciless you'd be KO in seconds.

You can make incinerate work but the point many are trying to put forth is that it is simply Not better than Fireball or firestorm(and FAR lesser to skills like FP) and is much more dangerous without specifically built tank ish characters. Most of which I see here are bloodmagic marauders. I do Not think GGG's idea was for people to be re-rolling marauder/templar Bloodmagic casters to really take advantage of this skill.

No matter how many people come in and claim decent success with this skill the number would be far greater if we were talking about freeze pulse/spark/LA/etc. Regardless of what you do with this skill or fireball Or firestorm they will Never reach either freezing pulse nor sparks power and utility. Just not going to happen. It's a fun toy, it works pretty decent if you invest Heavily for it or very well geared for. But it still does not bring Fire up with the big boys @shrugs@

this.

i said it is not bad. i am playing well. and i dont think you tried it on merc with proper build. i am playing in cruel now. i dont die in seconds imao. blind + knockback = you can't kill me. wall of texts won't make this skill super weak. when i get 5L at 50 level, it's is gonna rock. many fast hits are the strong point on this skill. but i am going to try dual totems. anyway i am not like kripp. i dont care uber super OP skill. i like playing with unique skills.
you dont even try. post your incinerate build or incinerate strategy or gtfo. you are making this skill more weaker with stupid crying. it was out few days ago. surely most people try one strong build than many things. i know you are saying it is bad than other skill. and i can do just as well with Fireball or firestorm because i took only survivability nodes even i can use melee skills now but my gears, gems are for incinerate than other skill. the facts are that it is not too bad and you dont need to roll blood magic. but you say this is just too bad without posting any build. maybe you are afraid of that your build or gameplay is blamed. a skill may be weaker than other skill but it doesnt mean it is too bad to play.
it is a skill you can defend yourself and attack enemies at the same time.
surviability is more important. i can freeze mobs so easily becuz the hit speed is very fast.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 11, 2013, 8:35:05 AM
I can't speak to the mana cost, as I'm a dual totem user, but I'm running incinerate with added lightning, faster casting, gmp, and spell totem, and its working relatively well. I run frost wall and minions with it, as well as fire trap and bear trap. The dps is decent, not looking like a geared wander or ele ranger or anything, but its solid. I've also barely taken any offensive nodes, so its not that surprising. I just killed merciless piety at lvl 66 in HC with this build, so I don't think the mechanics of the skill are that bad, maybe just the mana cost (again, I have no experience with it)
"
imr1212 wrote:
I can't speak to the mana cost, as I'm a dual totem user, but I'm running incinerate with added lightning, faster casting, gmp, and spell totem, and its working relatively well. I run frost wall and minions with it, as well as fire trap and bear trap. The dps is decent, not looking like a geared wander or ele ranger or anything, but its solid. I've also barely taken any offensive nodes, so its not that surprising. I just killed merciless piety at lvl 66 in HC with this build, so I don't think the mechanics of the skill are that bad, maybe just the mana cost (again, I have no experience with it)

if you get 6L you can drop the frost wall totem and just do 2 incinerate totems with:

incinerate,spell totem,faster casting,lmp,(quality)added lightning,knockback
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
imr1212 wrote:

if you get 6L you can drop the frost wall totem and just do 2 incinerate totems with:

incinerate,spell totem,faster casting,lmp,(quality)added lightning,knockback

I could achieve this using projectile weakness. I don't like knockback because if you drop a totem near ranged mobs, the first two stages will knock them out of range, while your totems are still in their range. I like GMP more than LMP because it has a larger shotgun effect at close range. I have projectile speed on my wand and thats it, I don't think the extra range helps out totems that much since the majority of the damage is done where 3-4 streams overlap in stage 4.

Frost wall is an amazing tool to have with this build. I use a quality frost wall with faster casting and increased duration. Makes mobs like rhoas and shield chargers laughable. It can also block a lot of projectiles (chaos projectiles and flamebears cause problems though). It is a very under-rated skill for sure. If I had a 6L, I would probably add fire pen.
Last edited by imr1212 on Mar 11, 2013, 10:53:57 AM
"
imr1212 wrote:

I could achieve this using projectile weakness. I don't like knockback because if you drop a totem near ranged mobs, the first two stages will knock them out of range, while your totems are still in their range. I like GMP more than LMP because it has a larger shotgun effect at close range. I have projectile speed on my wand and thats it, I don't think the extra range helps out totems that much since the majority of the damage is done where 3-4 streams overlap in stage 4.

Frost wall is an amazing tool to have with this build. I use a quality frost wall with faster casting and increased duration. Makes mobs like rhoas and shield chargers laughable. It can also block a lot of projectiles (chaos projectiles and flamebears cause problems though). It is a very under-rated skill for sure. If I had a 6L, I would probably add fire pen.

use blind with enfeeble + curse if you hate knockback.
but i think knockback protects totem. if you drop totems, totems will die so easily.
there are many mobs that can attack you through the wall. frost wall seemed not very good.
i took casting speed + freeze + shock and use dual totems.
i don't deal damage but i can freeze and blind mobs. or there is other thing i can do without crit and damage.
i think freeze is best.
i use 2 incinerate gems. 1 is totems. 1 is for freeze.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 11, 2013, 11:30:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info