Incinerate

"
rsthrsdj wrote:

snip

Are you still talking to me about crying? In not one post did I cry nor did I say it sucked. Not once. I said it can be made to work decently and it can lol. Fire is generally considered the lesser of the three elements and for good reason(again..not saying it can't work. It's All I play now) But I think I can speak for most people here when I say we would have very much appreciated a skill that at least had synergy with it's own status ailment. Now, lets stop arguing and get back to playing and trying this out.

I personally do not like how this skill negates any use for all the crit/modifier/burn/burn chance nodes that are available. This skill almost SCREAMS Re-roll a marauder/templar bloodmagic HUGE(something people would like to move away from I might add) hp/regen tank caster. Before you say it yes I know it can work with other classes and builds. But man oh man does it look like perfection when built on a BM tanker.
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
Last edited by Teflondon1975 on Mar 11, 2013, 6:56:46 PM
"
imr1212 wrote:

I just beat merciless piety on HC with dual incinerate totems. My totems often stand their full duration when I cast frost wall and spam skeles. It is plenty viable. And why would you go cold damage when it has no crit. Frost wall will stop 90% of mobs, which is fine by me. It also stops rhoas and any other charging mob from moving your totem and restarting its stages. With all due respect, you've spewed nothing but nonsense for the majority of this thread. I just beat all content in the game minus maps (which you can't really "beat") on HC, with dual totem incinerate, so calling it not viable is pretty silly imo.

that's because you have minions.
maybe minion + dual totem + frost wall are viable.
hey there are too many mobs that shoot at you through wall.
i didn't even talk about minions because i knew it will be surely viable with minions + frost wall.
it is because many people said of frost wall and i thought it is viable with frost wall.
but frost wall can't tank. all the spell, projectiles go through it.
it stops rhoas? why not ribbons? lol. you talk like you can do anything with only frost wall.
you must try it without minions on HC merc.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 11, 2013, 7:08:25 PM
"
Teflondon1975 wrote:

This skill almost SCREAMS Re-roll a marauder/templar bloodmagic HUGE(something people would like to move away from I might add) hp/regen tank caster. Before you say it yes I know it can work with other classes and builds. But man oh man does it look like perfection when built on a BM tanker.

don't you think of minion + dual totems + frost wall? i think you talk of bloodmagic forever.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 11, 2013, 7:02:55 PM
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
"
Teflondon1975 wrote:

This skill almost SCREAMS Re-roll a marauder/templar bloodmagic HUGE(something people would like to move away from I might add) hp/regen tank caster. Before you say it yes I know it can work with other classes and builds. But man oh man does it look like perfection when built on a BM tanker.

don't you think of minion + dual totems + frost wall? i think you talk of bloodmagic forever.

@Sigh@ lord in heaven, seriously. I'm not talking about a pseudo summoner. I'm fully aware you can work that sort of build. I'm talking a pew pew caster, yanno? Shoot shoot and away! Sorry, I just can't communicate with you Rsthrsdj. lol, all I can do is chuckle now. Carry on!
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
"
Teflondon1975 wrote:
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
"
Teflondon1975 wrote:

@Sigh@ lord in heaven, seriously. I'm not talking about a pseudo summoner. I'm fully aware you can work that sort of build. I'm talking a pew pew caster, yanno? Shoot shoot and away! Sorry, I just can't communicate with you Rsthrsdj. lol, all I can do is chuckle now. Carry on!

it is why i say there must be a moderator who deletes those duplicated useless posts. i saw only 3~5 ideas for 3 pages. gw2 is bad game but it had really high quality forum with many moderators. and it is why people on reddit say poe forum is so aggressive and trolololol. also i got very good advice from there.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 11, 2013, 7:12:50 PM
"
rsthrsdj wrote:

it is why i say there must be a moderator who deletes those duplicated useless posts. i saw only 3~5 ideas for 3 pages. gw2 is bad game but it had really high quality forum with many moderators. and it is why people on reddit say poe forum is so aggressive and trolololol. also i got very good advice from there.

Dude, if there was a moderator here, you would have been kicked out of this thread a long time ago. You just spew nonsense. "DUAL TOTEM NOT VIABLE"..."oh you use minions, then I guess its viable". Well derp, who uses dual totem without minions? You can't do damage yourself, which leaves you with traps and minions, so most people use both.

And most importantly, I have not heard you back up your logic for using added cold on incinerate. You say you can freeze with it, but it has no crit, and even with the freeze on cold damage node (5%), there's no way you're gonna proc it that often. Quit trollin dude
Last edited by imr1212 on Mar 11, 2013, 7:24:15 PM
"
imr1212 wrote:
"
rsthrsdj wrote:

Dude, if there was a moderator here, you would have been kicked out of this thread a long time ago. You just spew nonsense. "DUAL TOTEM NOT VIABLE"..."oh you use minions, then I guess its viable". Well derp, who uses dual totem without minions? You can't do damage yourself, which leaves you with traps and minions, so most people use both.

And most importantly, I have not heard you back up your logic for using added cold on incinerate. You say you can freeze with it, but it has no crit, and even with the freeze on cold damage node (5%), there's no way you're gonna proc it that often. Quit trollin dude

So it seems it is best to do like, totem+incinerate+faster projectiles+faster casting+lmp (or maybe even gmp)+ fire penetration or its better to put added lighning or any other (or those do not benefit from 80% increased ? ).
So I just beat Piety on merciless last night with TheIncinerator. I'll make a more detailed post (video included) about my build and gear setup. I'd just like to say now that this skill is viable, but it's just an inefficient version of freezing pulse.
HowCouldThisHappenToMee (Hardcore Talisman)
"
NagiSoi wrote:

So it seems it is best to do like, totem+incinerate+faster projectiles+faster casting+lmp (or maybe even gmp)+ fire penetration or its better to put added lighning or any other (or those do not benefit from 80% increased ? ).

As counter intuitive as it sounds, I'm not a fan of faster projectiles. I have 39% projectile speed on my wand, and I've tried using faster projectiles as well, and it makes the ends of a gmp incinerate too wide spread, the damage done to mobs that far out is minimal. Like I said earlier, I run totem+incinerate+faster casting+gmp+added lightning damage, using static shock. The damage added does benefit from the 80% boosts, and while it is incredibly hard to tell if an enemy is shocked when its standing in a giant flame cone, I think they're being shocked for short periods of time. I think fire pen would be a good choice for a 6th link if you're lucky enough to have one.
"
imr1212 wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:

As counter intuitive as it sounds, I'm not a fan of faster projectiles. I have 39% projectile speed on my wand, and I've tried using faster projectiles as well, and it makes the ends of a gmp incinerate too wide spread, the damage done to mobs that far out is minimal. Like I said earlier, I run totem+incinerate+faster casting+gmp+added lightning damage, using static shock. The damage added does benefit from the 80% boosts, and while it is incredibly hard to tell if an enemy is shocked when its standing in a giant flame cone, I think they're being shocked for short periods of time. I think fire pen would be a good choice for a 6th link if you're lucky enough to have one.

I think you'd probaly actualy be better of getting added chaos damage in that scenario.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info